Have Vodafone ever wiped your slate clean following phone theft?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I'm still 'negotiating' with Vodafone who are trying to make me pay £900 (originally £1,800 + £500 termination fee!) following my phone & wallet being stolen abroad and the thief running up a massive bill in less than 24 hours.

I've heard anecdotally that Voda have wiped lots of people's bills who've been in a similar situation but in my case they aren't budging.

It would really help my cause if you let me know by posting in this thread if Voda have ever wiped your bill as I think they should have one rule for all their customers, not make it up as they go along.

Many thanks in anticipation...

221b

you need to raise the fact that their "stolen bar" system should have recognised that the usage was totally different to your usual usage. Their systems should have recognised an issue and put the bar on.

Hi Sequenci

Thanks for your reply

I've tried that extensively, but they argue that becaue it happened abroad, they had to wait several days for their Belgian counterparts to notify them of the unusual pattern and that I've signed an agreement holding me liable blah blah bah...

If it had happened in the UK, I might be able to use this argument, but they are saying that it isn't valid as they have to wait for the information from other networks when International usage is incurred and that they would not have been aware of the unusual usage due to this.

There is a LONG thread devoted to my Voda battle (!) here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-broadband/35996-mobile-stolen-abroad-thief.html.

I've now been to Otelo (mobile Ombudsman) and after months of deliberation, they have come down totally on the side of Vodafone which is a bit of a blow.

Otelo will only reconsider if I provide any new evidence hence my posting this thread....

Thanks again!

221b

Oh dear, I had hoped this would have been resolved - but your response from OTELO is typical and to be expected. Bearing in mind the earlier threads, the only weak spot I can see is that irrespective of their assertion that it 'takes time' for the bills to arrive from the foreign network, it was the Vodafone network that specifically and authoritatively gave permission for the foreign network to complete the calls. It does this each and every time a call is made. Since the high frequency of the calls (none back to the UK) was known - but not the cost - Vodafone's systems should have noticed this. You were clearly concentrating on other more pressing matters, so whilst I feel there is a duty of care, it is SHARED. Why not make an offer of £500 in a full and final settlement. If they take this, you can walk away from the problem.