*** Charges=£11,211.35 (inc 8% int) what shall I do ? ***

agile
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Started back in August 2006, here's whats happend so far...................

1) Sent of for Statements

----------------------------------

I sent off for my statements from natwest in August 2006. Worked out all the charges over the last 6 years & they came to a staggering, I then entered the charges into the spreadsheet template (also workin out the interest)

The figures are as follows

Charges (up to Sept 2006) - £9842.66

8% Interest 1368.69

Total=£11,211.35

2) Sent off Letter to Natwest asking for refund of charges

------------------------------------------------------------

I then sent off the 1st letter along with the spreadsheet to my branch of natwest asking for a refund. I got an extremely low offer offer of £638! & I had to bank elsewhere.

3) Sent off Letter Before Action

------------------------------------

I then sent off a 2nd letter (LBA) to Natwest again along with the spreadsheet claiming that I would take them to court. This time there response was even more laughable £518, even less than the 1st offer!!!

4)Applied for Court Action

-----------------------

I then filled in the Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim & paid my £250 fee.

If since checked my online claim &

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim & i got this msg when I looged in.....

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly

5) The Case then got moved from Northampton to Manchester

This week i recieved a letter from Manchester county court in the post. Genral Form of Judgement or order.

The letter is as follows:-

Before DISTRICT JUDGE JONES sitting at Manchester County Court, Courts of Justice, Crown Sq, Manchester, M60 9DJ.

Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of recieving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT unless the claiment do by 16th Febuary 2007 file his allocation questionaire, the action shall stand struck out.

I did received a copy of he defence and allocation q from the court, I did fill the allocation questionaire in & returned it on the 5th Febuary, also the solicitors working for natwest asked for a copy of the spreadsheet which I sent to them.

A few weeks went by & I didn’t received any letters from the courts etc. I rang the courts up & they said that my case had been struck out as they didn’t receive the paperwork in time, I did explain to them that I sent it 11 days before it was requested, but they never received it. The courts then said I had to pay £35 & fill in a N244 Form to reapply, which Im a bit annoyed by I just want it sorted.

Q1) I’ve since worked out that since October 2006 I have racked up even more charges a further £1377:-( Shall I start all over again so that I can include these charges ?? The total wud then be over £12,500k

Q2) Since my charges are over £5k, What is the likelihood that I will have to pay further legal fees?? Do small claims only go upto 5K, is this why it has been moved from Northamton to Manchester? Im just worried that this case is going to get a bit out of hand with regards to paying court costs ? I’ve already paid the £250 when I filled in the Money Claim On-Line form, do u think that i will have to shell out more money on court costs.

Thanks in Advance

Mark

Guest NATTIE

1) No, those charges can be left for claim 2

2) unlikely do you live in Manchester because claims usually get moved from Nothampton(the processing part of online claiming) to you local court. The only mistake you made was not either visiting the court in person or sending the documents recorded delivery

Yep finish the one claim youve started get your money,, then start on em again for the new charges, but for the second lot, I suggest, that once you get paid out on first claim, you ring Mr. Higleys department and tell him new charges and that you intend to claim again, blah blah blah, and would they consider settling up before it goes to court again. Amazing, some people have done that and had charges refunded instantly once they won once. So you might not even have to go through the process a second time. Once they have seen you are true to your word the first time, they have been know to refund charges thereafter with a simple phone call. Best of luck. Fendy xxxx That would be nice wouldnt it. One phone call.

Thanks for your input Fendy, yeah it wud be nice if was as simple as 1 phone call :-). Whos Mr. Higley? is it just an random name that works at the natwest you have made up ?

Mr. Higley is the head of customer relations at Borehamwood address where all your requests for repayment have to go to and where you replies will come from. Hes the head honcho at customer relations department. Expect your replies from him. But hes gonna be mighty busy at the mo. Fendy xxxx

Cheers Fendy I dont suppose u have an other contact details for mr Higley, as ive only ever sent letters to my branch at Natwest & the courts. it will save me searching for them when i come to do my 2nd claim. So does he work for the courts ? or customer relations at Natwest ? I bet he hates his job at the moment lol

Lol, I bet hes not too much of a happy bunny at the moment with claims flooding in and the Whistleblower thing last night wont be helping his work at the mo either. Yeah, his address to send letters for claims about repayment of charges to is:

Mr. S. Higley

NatWest Customer Relations

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

Hertfordshire

WD6 1BR

OR YOU COULD ALWAYS E MAIL: E mail address for customer relations is:

[email protected]

I do both, but only cos I like to be a nuisance to them. I e mail my letters first them pop in post recorded, double whammy sort of thing, they cant ever deny having gotten them then.

Im horrible arent I. Poor man, he must be crushed under the mountain of claims at the mo.

Fendy xxxxx

Well Thanks once again for you quick responce, you have been very helpful. I know have more confidence that I will actually get somewhere with the bank now. I'll let u know how it goes :-) Mr Higley going to wish he never took the Job in the 1st place hehe

Yeah its that whistleblower program that got me so extemely annoyed to get my case sorted again I was horrified to see the attitude of the banks staff gloating how a charge which cost the bank maybe £1-£2 is turned into a £35 charge.

Sad fact of life. Theyre all as bad as each other for the charges situation. But with the help and support of everybody on here you can and will get what is rightfully yours back. Just follow the process, step by step and you will get your money. Just read up as much as you can on the process to help you along the way. But I strongly believe yours will be one that is settled quickly because its not an extortionate amount. A lot I know, but there are people on here goes for thousands. Me being one of em, but Ive filed at court now, so just waiting for their solicitors defence to come through. But not daunted in the slightest, Im quite relishing the fight. Lol. All the best. Keep posting so we can see how you are doing. Fendy xxx

Hi Agile...

Seems you are the same stage as me. My AQ and the reply to their defence went in last week. NW haven't yet sent in theirs so they are 5 days late..

Have a read here.. there might be some clues for you as to what happens next.. If you need any help with any wording let me know...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/56352-josa-natwest-6-years.html

Whichever way you havent cocked up, but you really should only put either the contractual or the overdraft interest if you used the advanced spreadsheet that works out the overdraft interest. If the 8% one, you should have left it out but its not the end of the world. All it means is if they come back to you and offer charges alone, you have to accept it. You cant then push for the 8% because a judge would not look favourably upon that. Which was it ??? Fendy x

See what comes back. I may be totally wrong here, but i think owing to the amount you are claiming they will ignore you and force you into issuing court proceedings. Don't worry to much, because these are their normal scare tactics. To make you either give in or accept a lower offer. Their is loads of support and advice availble to help you at every stage if needed. Good luck

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.