• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

madhouse5 v FD ** WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm waiting for barclays to defend my in the courts, mbna prelim letter has gone out so I've decided to go for FD now. I have been waiting until my account is running right before going ahead so I don't get any more charges whilst claiming. As we have just won a compensation claim for a head-on crash my hubby had 18 months ago, so with just under £8,000 going into our account in the next week. Here we go.:lol:

Worked out charges are £1,092, prelim letter is going out the end of this week. With £1,600 from barclays, just over £2,000 from mbna and a couple more waiting in the sidelines our bank account will look extremely healthy by the time we've finished.:D

madhouse5:-)

I received a letter from FD saying we have again gone over our overdraft, (still waiting on the £8,000 cheque from accident) say we must put right our account within 7 days or phone and they will help. So we phoned explained about the cheque, they were unwilling to help us. So hubby said when we get the cheque we'll pay it into another bank and just pay off our overdraft with them. At this point they did a total turn around and increased our overdraft to cover the excess (lower interest rate) and would waive the fee they normally charge for this.

Just goes to show money talks!!!! ha ha. Prelim letter in the post as well.

madhouse5:)

yep money talk

i ve been in similar circumstances and they did increase the overdraft with a lower rate, but after 2 bounced cheques(from insurance company) they stopped it and demanded the whole lot back(just over a £1k) in seven days....

well lba sent 16/03 i received an offer of £1008 wich is about short of £300. roll on for 30/03 and i feel a N1 form coming on:grin:

Keep going, they'll pay up in the end. That's when the waiting game really starts, I'm waiting on barclays to put a defence at the moment. They've got til 5th April seems to be going on forever.

Good luck:D

FD can't do enough for us at the moment. Finally got the cheque from accident last thursday and with wages gone in as well. (VERY HEALTHY BANK ACCOUNT) Just waiting for a response to prelim letter.

Hi Madhouse - I reckon you'll have a response to your prelim this week. I also reckon it will be signed by someone called Paul Adams. They'll offer you about 80% and then the who blinks first game really begins.

Good luck, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

• 2 weeks later...

I had an offer today of £974 we were claiming £1147. Not sure what we are going to do yet.

Also settled with mbna yesterday for full amount of £2024 including CCI.

Filed my N1 form at court yesterday...

their final offer was about 94% and decide to settle, the only problem was that FD wanted to give money away to metrpolitan collection service to clear my debt.

So i lost patience and filed at court... i want the money by cheque in my hands.

I don't blame you, I would want the money in my hand. Luckily we don't owe FD anything so this one would be cash in our account, unlike mbna, we'll get about £200 out of it but they will be paid off. One less debt to worry about.

I take the 94% offer was made at LBA stage? I'm thinking about phoning them tomorrow to see if they will up the offer if not I'm going to sent LBA. I don't have a problem taking them to court, I'm sending my AQ for barclays this week. I'm quite enjoying myself at the moment, I'll be lost when all these claims are settled.:D

I'll keep an eye on your thread to follow your progress.

Hey Guinea pig!!!:)

I gonna go for FD aswell! Just sending my SAR off today so way behind you at mo. Good luck with your claim, hopefully they settle sooner than Barclays do, eh?!!:D

I posted my thread in HSBC so I pm'd a mod to see if they can move it over here.

I'll keep checkin up on here to see how you're doing. I've got a letter at home from the courts so can't wait to finish work and see what it says!!!

Tori:)

• Haha 1

Hey tori,

Thanks for the support, I do hope they settle quicker than barclays. Just waiting for a court date with barclays, cross fingers that won't be long now.

I'll keep checkin your FD thread to see how your doing. I'll look in on your barclays thread to see how that's going.

Been checking track and trace on PO website, rejection letter was received 21st April (posted 20th April) although it doesn't show on line. LBA is still floating somewhere in the postal system, don't know where, they don't even know where!!!! It isn't recognised as lost until 9th May, posted 19th April. I think I'll send them another one by special delivery at least that's guaranteed next day, just to make sure they do receive a copy.

Good old Royal Mail you can always rely on them!!!! lol

Thanks dar£n, filing N1 for cap1 next week, waiting for a court date with barclays and have a few more in the pipeline.

Acceptance letter arrived at FD today, so hopefully won't be long before money is in the account. I also took a copy of acceptance for my records just in case.

Congrats lucky person...

I filed N1 and DG solicitor sent the aknowledge to court and it looks like they are gonna defend it.

Cap one is in the fireline also and tuesday will be HFC that gets it... i mean the N1.

enjoy your payout...