• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help and advice please...***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats absolutely true NATTIE, I too has been in a similar situation many a times ... anyway

Thats a standard letter from their Collections Team, you have definately gone above your agreed overdraft limit as NATTIE said.

What to do

1. You need to phone them immediately, I believe the number you need is 08453039015
  2. You will need to quote the ref. number written on the letter
  3. Explain to them that you have just received the letter and you want to know why

What to expect

1. Reason (s) why they are requesting the cards and cheque books back (exceeded your agreed overdraft limit)
  2. They might enter into an agreement with you (more likely) on how to bring your account back to the agreed limit

Please note that any agreement you enter with them must be followed. There is no point of saying you'll pay off the account deficit within a week knowing very well you'd struggle. Best advice is - give yourself plenty of time,

In my case and experience, I asked for 2 months, requested my limit to be raised up to the overdrawn figure (good if you are to avoid the interest charges), then made sure I paid in money as agreed:

As for returning the cards and cheque books, I would't do that just yet untill I phone them If I were you. You should't have any problem using the hole in the wall machines - but It depends how long you got the letter requesting them back. The longer you've had the letter, the riskier it may be to use your cards

Hope you find this info. helpful

Good luck

The reason is likely to be that the account is overdrawn over its limit and that no money has been paid in at all.
  • Haha 1

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question.... I have a letter to send to Nat West, in response to the 2nd letter they have sent to me from their collections centre in Birmingham. Should I send it recorded delivery or not? Just wondering whether staff there actually read letters and acknowledge them?

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

I think it's best to send everything recorded delivery if it's in relation to your claim, you will at the very least have proof that it has been delivered.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

send everything recorded delivery and photocopy it before you send it.

The Birmingham collections centre are (in my personal experience) terrible to deal with - they say and do differemt things and tend not to communicate with each other.Always keep copies of everything sent and recieved then that way you can complain on a higher level when you recieve your bank charges back.E.G. I had a letter last week (dated the 20th March saying they will freeze all action on my account until me charges claim is settled but I then recieved a letter dated 23rd to say they were placing a default on my account for £30 and on the 26th I had a letter to say I had now recieved a £30 referral fee( all three letters were from Birmingham). As you can guess I'm gathering lot's of evidence to complain with and they won't look too good after all this:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Why is it I wonder that whenever you write to any of these Head Offices, you just never get a response? At least not a response that relates to the question asked. Have decided to do three things in the morning,

1. Fax the letter to Birmingham Collections
  2. Post the letter to Birmingham Collections
  3. Hand deliver the letter to local branch

Will put a PS on the letter to say that I have written this letter three times, to ensure that the relevant department receives it and can give it their attention.

Can you clarify something else please, cost of an unpaid direct debit? £31 or £33 ?

Thanks all, xxxxx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

£38 is way too high - I have formulated a formula to work out charges, I hope the Banks are reading ...

mathematically, if you swap the figure the other way round, then deduct the two, the answer you get would be more reasonable - but to me, that also is too high .. lol

(£38 = £83 = (8 - 3)£ which equals £5)

Supposing - just supposing you assume the number of days in a month is 31, now if you divide that by 5 -- ie 5/31, the answer you get should represent a charge (monthly) that is ...lol, for a bounced cheque

C-L-A-I-M-E-D £1000 W-O-N £1000

standingupformyself,

38p is nearer the true figure ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Sorry for not asking the question clearly... although I do love the answers and thoroughly agree with them.

I meant.. What is the current, actual charge NAT WEST are charging for bounced direct debits? Is it £38 per go?

Certainly is............. not cheap is it??!!! :D

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I'll drink to that honey!!!! xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Double measure I hope Hedge. Fendy xxx

Absolutely honey!!!! xxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I now feel that the time has come to send the letter to Nat West (taken from templates) to request my charges back. As I have said earlier we are only talking about 3 charges @ £38 each, all taken from my account in February of this year. I am not asking for interest or anything like that. I am after £114, which if they pay back into my account will leave me £25 in credit again (I was only overdrawn because of their charges) Meanwhile I will continue paying £10 per week back to them.

I have read the FAQs and also linked to the thread that explained where to send the first formal letter to, however there are so many suggestions there that I am a little flummoxed !! Can anyone recommend a name and address to send this letter to. I am hoping to go to the post office with it this afternoon and of course send it recorded....

Thanks everyone .......

Sounds like a good plan to me send it here,it's up to you but I addressed mine to Mr.Stuart.Higley :

NatWest Customer Relations

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

Hertfordshire

WD6 1BR

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Hey mate......... send it to the delightful Mr. Stuart Higley at the following:

Nat West Customer Relations

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

Hertfordshire

WD6 1BR

Don't forget to send it recorded delivery so you can prove it was delivered. Before you send it though - just a quick thought - but give nasty west a ring! It's a small amount and they may just (on a slim chance!!) refund them for you!!! Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Now that was quick Caz, hadn't even pressed "print" and "save as"

Many thanks. I will keep you all posted. It may only be a little claim but it will keep my mind active whilst waiting for my statements to come through for my bigger ones !!!!!!!

Absolute pleasure mate! :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Always a pleasure:D

Aaaaaaaa beat you Hedgey ner nerrrr!

• Haha 1

Darn it!!! Can't believe I've bean beaten.............. by a flump!!! Lol :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You'll be even more popular with nasty west soon........... they must really love us, lol xx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***