Charging anomaly

leon_heller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else thought it strange that the banks impose those very large charges for unauthorised overdrafts etc. which involve a minimal amount of work but only charge £5 or £10 for providing statements, which must take a lot more time to process?

Leon

If you mean the £10 charge you send them with a subject access request that's the maximum set by law, they have no choice.

If you mean £5 or £10 per statement in response to a normal request for a duplicate that's still pretty steep seeing that most of the process will be automated.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Guest NATTIE

Not ordering copy statements, that is a manual task by the person who orders them. there is a bit more to duplicate statements so i think on that specific point, automated process is not right

Not ordering copy statements, that is a manual task by the person who orders them. there is a bit more to duplicate statements so i think on that specific point, automated process is not right

Interesting, I'd have thought that an employee would be able to 'order' it via the computer system and it would go into whatever queue regular statements are in for printing and despatch.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Guest NATTIE

A person still has to request duplicate systems by using a computer, a said employee still has to put it into an envelope to send out to a customer with therefore is not a totally automated process. That was my point, that for example, a normal statement is fairly automated because it hits one day and bang statement on its way, with duplicates someone has to use the computer to order them(with natwest it is complicated due to the 2 systems involved). They then normally go via a service centre who send them out.