Lack of termination in writing, now DCA chasing.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Duly renames self *Two Steps Left* :mad:

Hi team,

Long story short, late last year my and my partner got verbal agreement of our Gyms general manager to cancel our account early due to relocation. This took some doing, and was a long drawn out process as we were told we could terminate if we move when we joined. Eventually, when we got to speak to the Manager 7 weeks into he dispute, he agreed with us, stopped the constant letters demanding payment (we had cancelled in writing and stopped DD) apologised for the hassle so far, assured us we would be helped because "we were dealing with 'him' now" and would stop the account pending checking into that fact that we had sent the letter as instructed (we sent it recorded).

5 months later, we get a letter from him, although it was automated and he would never have seen it (not signed etc). It demanded payment for the remainder of our commitment period within 14 days or they would forward to DCA. I duly fired off a letter reminding him of our previous dealings. The next day we got a letter from their DCA demanding payment or face court action in 10 days.

Just to clarify the letters were received by us 2 days apart (based on letter dates too) so the DCA were instructed too early.

Because of the proximity of the DCA deadline (from the DCA) we called them and got the expected "prove it in writing" and they could not even place it on hold while under dispute. By the way it is a total and utter waste of time calling the Gym.

So, I am hoping for a nice letter from the gym confirming and apologizing in writing but nothing has come through yet. The DCA deadline is Monday.

We checked and the contract is CCA so I immediately came here for solice and advice.

I do not know what type of credit this is deemed as and therefore whether the normal credit card letters apply.

Help :(