• Tweets

• Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
    • Car maker takes a hit from weakening demand and price war in the world's largest electric vehicle market.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Double trouble**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have finally got around to doing my first contact letters - sent 1st March and still no response. I have prepared my Letter before Action letters and will post these tomorrow. I have two, one for my account (£2200) and one for joint account (£2493) - I can't belive it's so much - no wonder we're always broke!!!!!

Two questions please:

1) Should I worry that I haven't had any response to my letters? (they were sent to HQ on a signed receipt basis) and 2) I have signed the letter for the joint account without my partners signature. Should I include both on our letter before action?

Thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent my letter on 28 February. I got the standard "we wil contact you with a full response......" reply today. Maybe this means you can expect yours tomorrow.

I am also claiming for solo and joint accounts (4 in all), and don't have my partner's (ex) signature. I included all 4 accounts in my letter - they weren't sent separately. However, HSBC sent me 3 response letters. Some addressed to myself personally, and one addressed to the holders of the joint account

don't be surprised if you don't hear anything at all. just keep to your timescales and carry on. you may receive a 'fob off' letter after you've started your claim - ignore any correspondence unless it's a full offer.

good luck with your claims

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

kiwikiz remember they have 40 days to comply so if you sent your s.a.r on the 01/03/07 they have another 27 days to comply and you cannot send an lba until the 40 days is yup i would send the lba on the 38th day my claim with co-op was for a joint account so all correspondance was with both signatures

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 1 month later...

Time has moved on and I have lodged my claim with the court. Two weeks later I got a letter (this Thursday) telling me that although they accept no liablility etc etc they will pay me XXX which was very exciting until I realised that if I added my court fees and the 8% interest, I'm being short changed by around £1000!!! So my question :confused: is should I take the money and run or stick it out? Also, they want to pay the money directly into the bank account which I REALLY do not want -any advice on these questions would be much appreciated!

Hi , Unless you desperatley need the money, stick it out. tell them you do not accept their offer of settlement.

If this had been pre MCOL you would have been advised to accept , but its not, you have shelled out the cost of the court and now the minimum you should look for is your claim plus the costs plus the 8% Statute interest the court would give you, that is the minimum you would get if it went to court & you won, except it will not go to court.

Im Sure there are template letters , try this i think its letter 5 you would need but check first im a bit pink eyed at mo

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

CM

Good luck

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

oh and as for them paying direct into your account, Probably an idea when they offer the full amount to say you accept, but only if it is paid to you with a cheque ( cap one paid offer straight off account & i had rejected it , cheeky beggers didnt even tell me till they sent full offer)

Make sure you do it in writing , ask them when they make full offer to confirm that they will send / pay into account of your choice only before you will accept

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Thanks! Think I will go for the whole kit and caboodle (deep breath and swallow the nerves!) I have one further question, when I was reading through the steps on claiming, it mentioned in step 8 (I think) that after the defence you should also be sent an allocation questionnaire from the court. I have never received this, although I have the acknowledgement from the bank and court. Is this something that comes after the 28 days are up or should I chase this?

i see it this way.....!!

this is money that you thought you'd never set eyes on again SO, stick it out and go for the lot. It's yours and you should hang on in there and get it back. £1000 is a lot of money!!!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• 2 weeks later...

Help! After seeing that a judge has ruled in favour of Lloyds in a bank claim case - should we start to panic and accept that lesser amount that the bank has offered in case they take me to court and I don't get anything? (running around like a headless chicken moment folks!):eek:

Help! After seeing that a judge has ruled in favour of Lloyds in a bank claim case - should we start to panic and accept that lesser amount that the bank has offered in case they take me to court and I don't get anything? (running around like a headless chicken moment folks!):eek:

Dont panic, dont panic

Wait and see why the judge ruled in favour of the bank, it most likley be that some ill prepared case has been put into the system, this is why all claimants are advised to read and understand the what, why and where of claiming when using CAG, BBC or moneymaster claim templates.

What you are claiming is against unlawfull charges, the bank cant take you to court for claiming them back as in small claims court you are not liable to the banks claims for expenses etc.

Keep watching on CAG and we will no doubt find out about it. Dont do anything rash and accept offers from the banks until it is what you have asked for or are happy with.

The banks will not step foot in court, they have to much to lose, so dont worry, you wont be going there either

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Ok, got my Notice of Transfer of Proceedings for both claims and as seems to be the norm now, I got this: " ... without hearing it is ordered that 1. the filing of an allocaion questionnaire be dispensed with in the case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise...."

So, am I correct in thinking that the next thing to do is send DG a nudge letter?

I am also a little unclear (despite wading through heaps of threads and tutorials - I'm sure I've missed is and it will be obvious but I think i've gone into overload!) I don't know what to do with this bit: " Note, any party affected by this Order may under rule 3.3(5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order"..... so what the heck does that mean?? :confused: Any advice VERY gratefully received

Hi All

Ok, got my Notice of Transfer of Proceedings for both claims and as seems to be the norm now, I got this: " ... without hearing it is ordered that 1. the filing of an allocaion questionnaire be dispensed with in the case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise...."

So, am I correct in thinking that the next thing to do is send DG a nudge letter?

I am also a little unclear (despite wading through heaps of threads and tutorials - I'm sure I've missed is and it will be obvious but I think i've gone into overload!) I don't know what to do with this bit: " Note, any party affected by this Order may under rule 3.3(5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order"..... so what the heck does that mean?? :confused: Any advice VERY gratefully received

Yes send a nudge ( use one of latties :) the one qouting that since the AQ has been dispensed with, using the date on your letter ) ASAP

I think the last part is basically giving you time to sort things out with DG, after sending them nudge letters, but you have to do this a few times, then when they dont reply, you apply to the court to have the set aside as DG have basically ignored all your attempts to sort this claim out .

Just re read post and it states 14 days, from that it would seem you would have to bombard DG before that date, so i am not sure anymore, wait for more qualified answer, but start 1st nudge and someone will supply correct info

Help Netty, PD

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Gawd PD if ya dont know yer own claim

Kiwi Jo has steered you right, you need to try to get an offer of DG so nudge away. Also wait a few days and phone your local court to ask about the allocation fee you must find out what your local court is doing about this, some of the courts are using/letting this act as a holding point and not telling claimants (you) you need to get a notification from your local court to tell you what goodies your local Judge has up his sleeve to put some real pressure on DG.

pete

• 2 weeks later...

HELP PLEASE

Ok, I have a guilty and stupid confession - life caught up with me and I haven't done any nudge letters (I said it was stupid). I now have a letter from the Haywards Heath county court wanting my £100 allocation fee by 20th June and I have a court date of 5th July (that's for one of my cases, I expect the other will arrive in a couple of days)

What do I do? shall I start FRANTIC nudge letters - modifying the base one to indicate that now we have a date lets get this sorted.

To be honest I'm wondering if I should have accepted their earlier offer - I know that sounds defeatest, but it's getting a little scary.

Any help would as ALWAYS be appreciated. Thanks

Hiya Kiwi, all of the court fees will get added to your claim so dont worry you will get this money back.

A directions hearing is basicaly for a district judge to hear both sides of an argument and decide how to proceed.

In our context the district judges know the banks solicitors wont go anywhere near a court and will make an offer before the court date set. In other words the judge has given DG a date they have to have everything settled by.

pete

Hi.

I have a court date set for 25 June - an allocation hearing, where the judge is lumping all bank charges cases together, to decide on the track. I was notified of this two weeks ago, and sent a nudge letter to DG.

Yesterday, I heard from DG for the very first time - they have made an offer of 100%. :D This includes all charges (of which they are disputing one of them, but paying anyway), all court costs, and 6% interest, up to the date of my last nudge letter.

As I understand it, DG are working in the order of court dates, so, hopefully you should receive an offer in, i'm guessing, about 10 days.