Marge-v-Barclays...am i too late?

princessblack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am really nervous about this, i decided that i would claim back my charges from the bank and sent out the request of statement letter, i noticed that the bank returned details that are slightly over 6 years, does this matter when claiming the charges?

Also, has anyone received a letter stating new terms and conditions on their account, apparently they sent this out to all customers and does this mean that i can no longer claim? i intend to send the letter requesting my charges this week.

All help is appreicated:confused:

I have heard of people claiming over the 6 years but its certainly not the norm. I'm not sure how the Law stands but I think once the case goes to court the bank will defend any charges over 6 years. Then again the bank have sent you them so why not go for it, you have nothing to loss.

I also received the new T&C. I would not for one minute consider not claiming YOUR money back which Barclays have taken from you UNLAWFULLY.

Go for it, and have nothing to fear is my advise. There's loads of help on this forum. Keep reading other threads and follow the guides and F&Q and you can't go wrong!

Good luck

my thread- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/51225-calvsta-barclays-2.html#post635333

i was just wondering as well, are people claiming the overdrawn interest charges as well (not the 8%) in their initial claims?

The banks are allowed to charge a rate of interest on overdraft and another rate for going over your agreed overdraft limit.

I guess you can only really claim the extra interest incurred for going over your agreed overdraft limit because of bank charges.

How you could work this out is probably quite complicated and guessing would not amount to alot

Scalvey.

You would be very surprised what "compounded contractual interest" would amount to. Take a look at the thread below. Makes very interting reading. Original claim was for about 3k. This escalated to about 36k.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/20108-dunleavy-barclays.html

I agree, £107 pounds is higher than I thought.

What was the total amount of interest charged for being over drawn? Then how was the percentage calculated on the amount being caused by unfair bank charges?

I am claiming £1'700 + £400 in interest (approx. and rising).

I was charged £350 in overdraft interest over the 6 years but not all of this amount was because of unfair bank charges. (probably a very small fraction). It must be difficult/time consuming to dissect what overdraft interest was caused because of unfair bank charges!

Working out exactly what they have charged you will be a nightmare. But cahrgeing them contractual interest isn't about reclaiming the interest they have charged you, is it about chargeing them at the same rate they would have charged you at. They have "borrowed" (for arguments sake) £100 from you 6 years ago, and have not paid a penny of it back. Contractual interest is charged from day 1. They now owe you a vast amount of money. As you would have done them had you borrowed £100 from them. Hope you followed this ok.