Ahhh, help me please !!!!!

Robinhood696
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Firstly, I apologise for this request as im sure that the answer can be found somewhere on this site. Belive me I have spent ages trying to find it but there's just so much info so If someone could just point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Initially, sent my first letter to Abbey with request to refund charges, included all the neccesary act information and schedule of all charges. Recieved a standard letter back saying "sorry you are unhappy, we will get back to you in 2012 blah blah.

I wrote back with 2nd letter informing of my intention to begin court action ect and the 14 day period to respond. That was over two weeks ago and I havnt heard anything back.

I want to move on to the next step but Im really nervous and unsure about what to do next regarding court action.

Is there a template that I can use for the next step, if so where is it?

Again, really sorry if this has been posted already - if someone could send me a link or some helpful advice that would be great.

Many thanks

Robin

Hi

Firstly, I apologise for this request as im sure that the answer can be found somewhere on this site. Belive me I have spent ages trying to find it but there's just so much info so If someone could just point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Initially, sent my first letter to Abbey with request to refund charges, included all the neccesary act information and schedule of all charges. Recieved a standard letter back saying "sorry you are unhappy, we will get back to you in 2012 blah blah.

I wrote back with 2nd letter informing of my intention to begin court action ect and the 14 day period to respond. That was over two weeks ago and I havnt heard anything back.

I want to move on to the next step but Im really nervous and unsure about what to do next regarding court action.

Is there a template that I can use for the next step, if so where is it?

Again, really sorry if this has been posted already - if someone could send me a link or some helpful advice that would be great.

Many thanks

Robin

Ok the step by step instructions will guide you through(linked in my signature). You need to decide wether to use the N1 or MCOL either way both the templates are in the library. File your claim now you have given them long enough.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Yes there are plenty of templates to help you out.. There should be some on here, although I haven't looked as I got mine from MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

Don't be nervous. Thousands and thousands of people have claimed, and are still claiming from their banks, and they're all winning! Get the ball rolling as soon as possible though!

Yes there are plenty of templates to help you out.. There should be some on here, although I haven't looked as I got mine from MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

Don't be nervous. Thousands and thousands of people have claimed, and are still claiming from their banks, and they're all winning! Get the ball rolling as soon as possible though!

I for the life of me can not see why you would want to use any other site than this to reclaim your bank charges. This site is the premier site when it comes to consumer issues in particular reclaimimng bank charges.

This site will follow your claim from the cradle to the grave we will not abandon you if/when your claim reached the court stage.

Yes but when I initially started with the claim, that was the website that I came across. I've only used it for a few ideas on what to write, and since I discovered this website I've been using it.

cool. :D

Many thanks

and just so Im totally clear on this (I know, its Monday sorry) I fill out the N1 form as suggested with the relevant information, send it to the courts and then wait until I hear from Abbey or the court?

I used mcol, found it simple to navigate through and saved me the walk to the court, also heres a good template for the mcol statement. it fits and is very concise. good luck!!

Account account number xxx.During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant.3.The Claimant contends that:a)The charges debited to the Account exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.b)The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations(1999),the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.5.Accordingly the Claimant claims:a)the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £xxxx and interest £xxxx charged thereon; b)Court costs;c)Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act.

Abbey 1 settled in full 01/05/07

I dont think I can do this! Im really confussed about the court action procedure.

Im in the process of putting all the info in MCOL but am stuck on the interest part as well as all the other bits.

Im really desperate to get my money back, if someone could let me know how to complete the next step (ie) which court to use ect ect - basically any info on how to move forward I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks

R.

Fill out your charges on the spreadsheet available.This will calculate your interest.

So to summarise: Charges = Total of charges

Interest charged = is any interest they have imposed ewhilst you were overdrawn

Daily rate = charges plus interest * 0.00022(i think off the top of my head)

Other interest is the 8% malarky. Its all in the templates section.

I would also advise posting all further info on this one thread and then everyone can follow your progress easily and offered advice when needed.

Chica

Bank charges: Abbey won in 2006, Halifax won in 2006, Capital One won in 2006.