Varangian Guard v Nationwide

Varangian3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

just registering a new thread to say that my prelim letter has gone this week (6/3/07). I sent a nice letter to Mr Bacon asking for my money back and telling him what happens if he doesn't pay up.

As I follow all the other cases here, I'll post my developments.

cheers and good luck

Varangian3 :cool:

Currently firing at:

Nationwide

Sharpening crosshairs on:

NatWest

Citibank

Capital One

Goldfish

Lloyds TSB

• 2 weeks later...

Next stage reached. LBA sent 22 March

When I got home for the weekend I found the standard bog-off letter (dated 14 March but not posted for ages) from Tara Camfield, Customer Experience Coordinator.

:razz: Who dreams up these stupid job titles? :razz:

Watch this space for further developments...

Varangian Guard

The Byzantine Empire strikes back

Hi VG3

Makes you wonder if a 'customer experience coordinator' is there to delight us with new experiences (wishful thinking perhaps??) or is it just trying to put a positive 'spin' label on what we all know as a COMPLAINTS department??

Good luck with your claim - on current reckoning you should be getting your charges refunded in about 6-7 weeks time.

Guest ian cognito
not so sure where they got 8 weeks from!!!!!

That's the period the financial ombudsman says is reasonable for the banks to deal with complaints :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Service date was set at 29th April.:)

On 27th they Acknowledged Service, stating that they will defend the whole claim. They are using Eversheds Solicitors in Cardiff.

Varangian

best of luck vara!! x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Vara,

I am about a week ahead of you, N1 submitted on the 13th April,

still no news from Nationwide,

i shall be keeping an eye on your thread to track progress as i read on another thread that NW are delaying paying up even after the 28 day deadline, so GOOD LUCK.:lol::lol:

Wheatfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Well

Having said they would defend, Nationwide did nothing for weeks. The 28 days ends today 27th.

Yesterday (26th) I received a letter from the court saying that their defence was that the full amounts had been paid to me on 23rd. However, still no money in account today, perhaps because I can't do anything now before Tuesday due to the bank holiday.

Looking good - but better when I see the money is really there :D;)

Varangian

As the 28 days end on a sunday the court will extend it to the next working day which I think in this case is wednesday. However if NW have already submitted a defence this doesnt matter.

Do not call off the action until you have the dosh.

I have noticed in a couple of threads that they do seem to be taking a long time recently to pay people out, even after saying they have done!

Well............

Still not had the charges back, so rang them up to see.

An awfully nice woman apologised because there had been 'an error' and they had forgotten to refund the money that they had already told the court they had paid on 23rd May. Bless. :p

Good job I'm as understanding as they are when my money is coming in a bit late :D

Anyway she assured me she would do the form today and I'd get the cash tomorrow. So A really lovely call - 3 grand better off and she sounded a real hunny too!! :D

Varangian

I rang the Customer Experience people in Swindon - the same ones who sent you the rejection letter. But that's because they had failed to pay what they had already said they had paid.

You should get a letter from the court now saying that they have paid everything and that is their defence filed within the 28 days. No good ringing the people I did until they have agreed to pay you.

Varangian

Well now I know!!!! I`m not only having an economics and contractual law lesson on this site.. Now,, I`m gettin friggin history lessons. It`s like goin back to school. But what I urgently need to learn is how to use a laptop.