Asbo v Abbey

Asbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I sent my SAR on 20 Feb using the template on this forum and received a letter from Pam Speed (Business Manager) this morning (03.03). I've not done this sort of thing before and it's all a bit daunting to me, so advice would be most welcome!!!

I *think* I've got the letter (delaying tactic?) telling me they can't supply all of the data but at the bottom of the letter it states:

Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and its not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2001 and 2005, under separate cover.

Does this mean they are complying with my request or should I send another letter stating that they have 40 days to comply from date of my first letter? (as I've read on here).

Many thanks

Asbo

p.s They are saying that not all manual interventions are recorded and cannot help with that request??? :confused:

Guest Niklowe

Hi Asbo,

This is just a standard letter from Abbey. The bit at the bottom of the letter has been added on, as their bluff was called by the OIC last year about their microfiche arguement. The're slow in sending the data, but you should receive it.

Yep, their arranging for archived records to be sent on, so should be a OK.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Flippin eck , just recieved 12 separate envelopes all containing a monthly statement. Bet my postman loves me.(thats what our bank charges pay for) just waiting for the microfiche printout now then I'll unleash hell:) :) :)

My friend is claiming from a LloydsTSB business account and received 65 A4 envelopes (count them, 65) each containing a months worth of statements.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Right , I've got my approach for repayment letter and a schedule of charges all ready to send off. Should i have included the interest charged while overdrawn in the schedule or attatch it on a separate schedule or leave it off altogether

All help appreciated, thanks Asbo

Guest louis wu

The interest charged whilst o/d is tricky.

They can charge you o/d interst, the trick is deducting the charges accrued from your o/d and seeing what the difference is. If the difference puts you in a positive balance, then claim the full interest charge for that month.

If you are still o/d after deducting you charges, then I tried to work it out as a percentage and then slightly undervalue it (not by much though) and deduct that from the actual interst charge. There is a spreadsheet in the templates section, but I found it too confusing.

Havn't explained it too well but I hope you get the gist of it. I am sure you will get more acurate ways of doing it, but it worked for me.

Louis

Thanks Louis

It is way too confusing, I think I'll not be greedy and leave it off. Charges alone come to over 3k so that will do for me

Asbo

P.S. scales clicked, Thanks

Guest louis wu

Thanks mate,

I think in a way, not being greedy and getting the 3 grand back will still be a great result, and don't forget the satisfaction of knowing you got one over the Shabby, priceless in my book,

Best of luck mate

Louis

Cheers Karnevil

But "advanced, Exel and spreadsheet " in the same sentance doesnt do it for me, I'm having trouble with the basics:confused: :)

Asbo

Oh, just remembered, should i send my shedule to the address i first used or to the address i got in my reply from Pam Speed in Bradford?

Thanks