New Has Plucked Up Courage!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

After ages reading and re-reading posts on this site I thought it was time I did something about our bank charges. My other half wanted me to get someone to do it for us, but we've already been robbed and I wasn't going to give my money away again!

I have just sent off SAR to Shabbey, I only have a handful of statements and the charges so far are over £1200 just on one account. I have also done the same for a Natwest Credit Card and GE Money for a B & Q Store Card. This is just for starters. I want do deal with Shabbey first but I thought I'd ask for statements from a couple of the others to get the ball rolling.

I can't believe how supportive all the members are, I am looking forward to becoming a fully fledged member

Hi julied1, welcome to CAG

I see you have been lurking since last October. You must have read plenty by now.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks,

Yes I have been a bystander since October, a bit scared I think. It's only because I keeping reading how other people have claimed money back, I thought I'd give it a go. The members just seem to be ordinary people like me.

I'm sure if I got stuck there would be someone there to give me a hand.

It goes much deeper than that julied1, we are all conditioned to consider big institutions like banks to be above board and honest, when we are shown evidence to the contrary, we just don't want to believe it, its called cognitive dissonance.

8-)

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks rippedoffagain for the links, they will come in very handy I have the following to deal with:-

Me Hubby

Abbey Abbey

Capital One (closed acc) Capital One (closed acc)

Bradford & Bingley (closed acc) Bradford & Bingley (closed acc)

G E Money (B & Q card) Morgan Stanley (closed acc)

Barclay Card (nrly paid up) Natwest C C (closed acc)

Halifax C C (closed acc) Halifax (closed acc)

MBNA (closed acc)

I will be starting new threads as I deal with these but at the moment don't want to bite off more than I can chew!

As you can see a lot of the accounts are closed, and we don't want any more credit cards, once you have one other companies can't wait to throw another one at you. I'm still going to try and get some money back though.

Funny thing is my hubby always complains about the amount of c__p I save. He was however amased when I found the odd statement from 2001. So far there is only onne account I can't find the number for but I only have to go to work because it;s the bank where my wages used to be paid into..

See you around the site