• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wheresmyhairgone v halifax ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

welcome to the haliprats forum..:D

The address we all use is.......

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Have you tried phoning them up and asking for your statements from the last 6 years? That's what I did, I was told there would be a £5 charge (they never charged me though), 10 days later I recieved approximatley 60 envelopes with my statements.

Hi wheresmyhairgone just to let you know Halifax would seem to be draging their feet over SARs. Took them 43 days to send mine. Some seem to get them quicker some not seems tobe luck of the draw.

Give the moneygrabbers hell

dpick

Hi, They have 40 days from receipt to send your statements. That's not a nice round number we dreamed up it's THE LAW! However I keep reading that people are waiting for longer. Chase them!!! They were quick enough to take the money from your account!!

Theoretically if enough of us complained about the non compliance with the DPA we could get them shut down. I'd like to see that!

If time is dragging on this link might be useful

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

hi

thanks for your replys. i have also started proceedings against lloyds and capital one but halifax will give me most satifaction. i,ll tell you why and may be some one can give me some advice.

2 years ago my halifax account went £345.00 0D. the whole amount was charges and fines and after many phone calls the halifax refused to come to some agreement with me about reducing this. anyway in the end i told them i would see them in court. i forgot to mention it was joint account with my wife.

they passed it on to thier solicitors and i received a court summons. i sent in my defence and just before the court date received a letter from the solicitors stating they were droping the case. that was last year.

about a month ago my wife received received a letter from thames credit stating they acquired the debt. the letter had gone to an old address, i live in a village so the letters come to us anyway.

i phoned them up but they wouldn,t speak to me, i said they could because the disputed debt is in my name as well. the person on the other end said it wasn,t a joint account, which i argued but she wasn,t having any of it. she wanted me to send her proof that it was a joint account and that thay had the wrong address. i told her to get the proof herself from halifax and she said fine we,ll just keep sending letters and start phoning as well. see you in court i said and hung up.

what i,m wondering is why did halifax sell the debt in just my wifes name without any mention of me and why have they given thames credit our old address( we moved 4 years ago and halifax had our new address for at least 2 years)

do you think the halifax have ommitted my details on purpose, have they knowingly ripped of thames credit.

Hi

I don't know the legalities of this but I am beginning to see that this forum is giving away the banks ways of fiddling money out of us. Have spotted at least half a dozen thing that they would have been able to get away with with me now if I had not been reading this forum.

good luck to you will keep reading this thread

dpick

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Again

havn,t posted for a while. i,m at the lba stage. halifax replied to my prelim letter by stating that they can,t talk to me unless i correspond with them with mine and my wifes signitures. it is a joint account but i have just been using my name. is this true or should i ignore that and carry on as i am. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Again

havn,t posted for a while. i,m at the lba stage. halifax replied to my prelim letter by stating that they can,t talk to me unless i correspond with them with mine and my wifes signitures. it is a joint account but i have just been using my name. is this true or should i ignore that and carry on as i am. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi I have joint account with my wife with as you the Halifax you only need both signatures if you both have to sign a cheque etc if as with our account we are both able to use the account independently then they don't need both. I got my charges back they never even bothered to ask my wife anything.

Another thought when you moved did you change your address and your wifes address, when we moved 5 yesrs ago I gave Halifax my new address and didn't think to check they changed her address as well, they didn't and sent her replacement card to old address when it was due as it was pepole in old address were relatives of ours so all ok..

all the best dpick:p

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations dolphin.

A quick question to anybody out there. i,ve just received a response to my lba letter. they have offered me £800(i.m claiming £4700), but state if i cash the cheque then i accept it as full and final payment, is this correct? My problem is i have 5 claims sitting in my draw because i can,t afford the £720 court costs. I just thought what poetic justice it would be for Halifax to finance my claims.Can i cash the cheque but write to halifax to state that i accept it as a part payment and will be continuing with my claim for the rest.

Advice would be appreciated

THANKS

Congratulations dolphin.

A quick question to anybody out there. i,ve just received a response to my lba letter. they have offered me £800(i.m claiming £4700), but state if i cash the cheque then i accept it as full and final payment, is this correct? My problem is i have 5 claims sitting in my draw because i can,t afford the £720 court costs. I just thought what poetic justice it would be for Halifax to finance my claims.Can i cash the cheque but write to halifax to state that i accept it as a part payment and will be continuing with my claim for the rest.

Advice would be appreciated

THANKS

hi does the letter have a phone number to call if it has I would try a call they can only say no. I got a call for my claim and they offered £1700 on £2295 is said sorry I want full amount was put on hold 20 seconds then they said yes.

best of luck dpick:o

• Haha 1

hi dpick

thanks for your response. sorry to sound a bit thick but i,m not sure what you mean, did they agree to the full amount on the phone and do you mean i should ring them and explain i,ll except the £800 as part payment or ring them and refuse it and see if they offer a higher amount or even the full amount?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

hi Dusary

i rang them them, guess what! the kind lady said she was open to offers. the actual charges i was claiming back was £1600 plus contractual interest. i told her i was willing to accept £1600 plus 8% interest then she put me on hold, cant believe it came back 5mins later and agreed. i,m gonna get a cheque for £2133.15 within two weeks. cheers dpick just clicked your scales. now i have the funds to go after the bank i really hate LLOYDS TSB the b------ds tried to bankrupt me and my business.