• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HARRY WHO ? only joking. Thanks for that. I am learning everyday ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Hedgey I feel for you hun 110% teenage girls ( a big thumbs down)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Exactly what I was saying. Parkvale is a wolf in disguise too I think. Lol. Just kidding Parkvale. Changing subject slightly I love it cos my son whose coming up 9 thinks Im god. Its ace. I can tell him anything and he believes it. Like Mum, where do angels come from. My house I tell him. But I have to say little boys hate it when you get done up to have night out with the girls. Doesnt happen much but when it does, its like OMG are you really going to wear that. I wouldnt care, not like I got a mini on. But he hates me putting make up on or doing my hair nice or basically me just making an effort and not wearing my suit for work. He likes me to wear suit and look like mummy. If I dare to look like I care when Im going out he does his nut. Like "Dad, why are you letting mum out like that ". Like dad has a say in it. I am a free spirit, and wont be dictated to when I go or what I wear. Im a good girl, dont stray, wouldnt dream of it, but like to have a giggle when I go out, but boy, little boys dont like it. I think he thinks Im gonna run away with somebody, Lol. Chance would be a fine thing. Lol. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxx

Absolutely Caz. My bezzie mate reckons teenage girls are kidnapped by aliens at the age of 13, transported to planet zanussi to be reprogrammed by little aliens resembling those on the 'smash' advert and transferred into psychotic, irrational beings. However, she also reckons that aforementioned aliens return and remove the psycho chip around the 18th birthday. They've not been back for my little treasure yet!!!!!!!!!! My hubby (in his simple outlook on life) merely reckons "like mother like daughter"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

But I have to say little boys hate it when you get done up to have night out with the girls.

Now that one I totally agree with! Our sons feel that they should be the only people in our lives and that we should spend every waking moment with them. However, it should be said.............. they're practising to be like daddy!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

hedgey,

I think they missed Fendy's chip.:D :D

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

totally agree parkie............ trouble is, think they missed ours too!!!!!!!!!!! :D;):D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Im now missing everybodys trying to keep up. My girl is a treasure, I would die for her, but boy shes opinionated at mo. Nothing else matters iin life except hair, guitar, allowance, dog, food, not dog food, but food, preferably chocolate, and music. And B*gger. What would we do without the CAG now. oooooooooh 9 mins to Whistleblower. Getting excited. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxx what me thinks over TV. Sad sad sad.

6 minutes and counting

Oooooooh.............. quick - it's coming on!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx:D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Ooooooh isnt it exciting. A real live CAG member on Whistleblower, albeit in name only. Natwest staff member, I applaud you. I have my own ideas on whom this is, but well done for standing up for what is right and good. Brilliant. I cannot thank you enough for restoring our faith that not all bank staff are baddies. Even though it feels like they are for most of the time. If my sister in law in anything to go by, theyre baddies, but you my friend have restored my faith in banking staff. Well done for being brave enough to stand up in CAG name only, but nonetheless, every bit helps. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BRILLIANT.

I'm pretty sure Nattie used to be called natweststaffmember. Come on Nattie............ was it yoooooooooooooooohoooooooo???!!!:D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Oooooooooh its so exciting. Amazing to think that Yorkshire bank staff member was prepared to stand up and actually come up with figure of less than 2 quid to administer a bounced cheque etc. etc etc. . Utterly amazing. I had even in my own mind accepted a figure of up to 5 quid in fairness, but for it to be only 2 quid is astounding. Im utterly utterly flabberghasted and dismayed that banks can be so ruthless to their bread and butter. Because for those people going down, they have to remember, do they want to catch them when theyre on the up or not. ???????????/ their choice but their abuse, makes me think why bother. chuck banks down the drain. G*ts. Nattie I love you. Will you marry me. Please. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fendy i think you might have been the whistle blower. eusa_whistle.gif Goodnight

Lol Lol Lol. I flippin wish. If I worked for a bank then I would be more than happy to put my two penneth into the ring to help anybody. Anonymously of course, just like our lovely Nattie. Fendy xxxxxxxx Ok School run to now do, then dog walk, so back on here later, after dog has been sufficiently exercised. Day off today. ONly work part time. 3 days a week. But its enough believe me. Lol. Fendy xxx

Question for Nattie Please. I have advantage gold account and to be honest really dont need it, ie. dont use the advantages it supposedly has, but I have overdraft in place of £1500. I never use it, but I would like to keep it as its a nice buffer zone to have in the event that I might need it at some point in future for something. As I always say you dont know whats around every corner, so if I downgrade my account to plain current account, will they take my allowed overdraft off me. It wouldnt be the end of the world, but I would like to keep it just in case. Do you know the answer to this one. Are they allowed to withdraw it, if I downgrade my account ????? Nattie Please. ???????

Hi Fendy, hows things today? I back at work thank god, some adult interaction at last.

I had an advantage premier account (which i didnt ask for) which was given to me this year, previously to this i had advantage gold (never asked for that either!). Got letter downgrading me after i told them i didnt want a consolidation loan (still paying last one :-x ). I was a bit scared this was in retaliation to my prelim letter but eventually plucked up the courage to phone my 'account manager' (who i now know is just a salesman :D ) and asked him what kind of o/d facilities i would have with a normal account and he said i would still have the same o/d facilities ie. £3k on joint and £4k on husbands!! Was a bit worried as we really need the o/d and use it every month. Hope this helps. Would def downgrade but say you want the same o/d facilities. Oooh, never really given advice before on here, especially to one so knowledgable ;) Cheers Jetspark XX

Ooooh Jetspark. I aint that knowledgeable really. Ive only been doing this claiming thing since New year. Boy has it flown.......But thanks for the info. Will downgrade account tomorrow. Better send letter. Seems they get uppity about doing it verbally from what Ive been hearing on here today. I dont need it as such, rarely use it, but its nice to have there for a rainy day if I need it. Especially since its cost me £400 squid this month to file the court claim, and will cost me another £100 when I submit AQ when that comes through, and plus Im starting court claim against Abbey next Tuesday for another 5.7K with them, and thats gonna set me back too, so I might be needing it next month. Albeit for a short period of time till Nasty West and Shabby pay me back. Ooooooh justice is sweet. Im off to make tea for kiddlywinkles, and will be back on later this evening. I would hate for anybody to think Im spending my life on here at the mo. Its just its been my day off today and after walking dog and cleaning house and doing some ironing, I got bored. So seemed the logical thing to do to come on here and keep on with the learning process. Catch ya later no doubt.

Fendy xxxxx

Guest NATTIE

No is the answer, and yes is the answer to the other question re natwesttaffmember, we are on in the same. Nattie was what i got know as and so name changed early this year to help people who had to type forever, natweststaffmember, Still know as it still on some other charges sites.

Yippeeee downgrading tomorrow. I do think its a good account though for those who are going to use all the advantages, but we just dont. And I cant see that we ever would to be honest. Im not slagging of the account per se, its just not necessary for us. Thanks Nattie soooooooooo much. Your help is as ever, INVALUABLE. Brilliant. Ive read your other post on tractordrivers thread about last night. I think you are a brave brave man. Keep up the good work. But whatever you do, dont risk your own skin jobwise. Where would we all then be without you. Fendy xxxx CAN I HAVE YOUR BABIES PLEASE. LOL. !!!!!!love0002.gif

Guest NATTIE

I think i am a dead man walking, a marked man, and the punishment for it will be, can you guess?

Best offer so far today fendy by the way!!

Oooooooooh no Nattie. You wont get the boot will you ???? Surely they dont know who you are ???? How can they. Your real name is never appearing anywhere so how can they tell who you are ???? Trust me if they boot you, you will not be short of a very very very good job for long. Karma Nattie. Because of your extremely kind and helpful nature, you will be rewarded in the long run. Good things come to those who do good deeds. Nothing truer ever said. You are a star and Im positive superb things lie ahead in your future. I COULDNT WISH THEM ON A NICER GUY. You just see. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest NATTIE

Fendy, to be blunt with you i am in breach of my contract which is gross misconduct and that means dismissal from my job. Can you get a job in a trustworthy environment when you have been sacked from a bank? I will reap what i have sown and will be sacked if and maybe my thoughts when they find out who i am and where i work. As I said I am a dead man walking.

If you want i can walk you through what will happen to me when they get me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks