• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Awwww Fendy, big kiss and hug for you - and extra big one for your lovely mum too. I'm so sorry sweetie. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :(

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fends, i know this is a bit morbid, but it helps you to understand what life is all about..

I spent 10 years covering the M62 and A1 and saw peeps lose their lives for nothing, and also saw incredible miracles. Where you wouldn't have believed what peeps escaped from. Every life is precious, Whether its the cat's or or a human life it hurts like sh**, and only time heals the wound.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks Hedgey, and I know what ya mean Parky. Theres just no rhyme and reason to why and when for anybody really. But Im such a funny sort of gal, that Im always looking deeper into the reasons for everything, instead of just accepting them.................. And I know for somebodys poor child or husband or father to be killed in terrible accidents, is way way way higher on the scale of injustice than my mums poor iccle sick kitty kat, but why cant we decide what to let hurt us and what not. I didnt want to be a wuss over this kitty thing I really didnt. I kind of felt proud mum had asked me to do it because it means she trusted me to be able to take kitty to vets and comfort kitty enough to see it through to the end, but in the end I kind of let her down really, cos I just blubbed like a pathetic thing on a wet weekend, and am still doing so. Im trying to do my fllipping contractual spreadsheet and I just cant concentrate. Keep thinking of kitty laying in my cardigan on vets table, little eyes pleading up at me, and me not being able to do anything to take away kittys pain. Im such a pathetic person I know, but I just cant get that picture of out my head. I just cant stop crying. How utterly ridiculous am I............ and Im so sorry other peepies out there who have lost somebody or a pet recently, I really am so sorry, I know this kitty doesnt compare in any way whatosever to those who have lost actual people, I do know that, but I just cant make the hurt and the tears go away................. I know Im sure I will feel better next week, but the image is in my head, and I cant get it out, I just feel so awful that I couldnt make kitty feel better at the end................ xxx She really was such a sweet little cat.............. (And heres me, whose not really close to puddy tats). xxxxxx I hate emotional pain. it just hurts too much. I know it will go away, I do know it will but in the meantime, I just want to feel better again and want my mum to feel better again. Rambling again. Im so sorry everybody, I really am.................. And Parky, my pain wont compare anywhere near to what you must have seen over the years, you poor poor man. xxxx I wouldnt be able to sleep at night........xxx

The point is you do get over it , but it hurts like sh**. Be strong especially for your mum and get your flipping contractual interest soted out. Just trying to brighten the day up a little. Your do at Manchester are you inviting the uber paralegal ?

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

She might be out of a job by July and looking for some friends. I'm sure you would welcome her with open arms. laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif. Trying me bestes to cheer yoos upee.

Hi Fendy, Sorry to hear what you've (and ur family) have been thru today, its heartbreaking, its happened to me a couple of times and each time is as bad as the last. Know what ur going thru xx take care Sparkie

Thanks soooooooo much meee virtual buddies................. its nice to know somebody else has been through it and come out the other side intact................I know Im so so so so so so so so so so pathetic.................... compared to other peoples real human grief/pain about the loss of actual people.

And Im so sorry for being an utter wuss of the absolute loch ness monster proportions, so Im shutting up about it now, and trying to get my head around the contractual still Parky..................... did u do contractual ??? Ive ended up doing my own simpler spreadsheet, that shows 8% stat, as opposed to contractual, ie the two side by side, so i can see the difference between the two, but I could do with somebody, i.e. ultra uber experienced to check over the spready for me to see if my formula calculations on the spready are right........... I think they are but because my maths is ultra crap,, then I would prefer a super uber mathematical brain to tell me, ITS RIGHT, as opposed to wrong............ Im trying to think happy thoughts about kitty running through cornfields with my much missed.............Daddeeeeee, yaaaaaaaaaaaay, its helping............xxxxx

I don't know if you spotted a posting i did a while back about how i calculated my interest with this: Calculator It was dead easy, but a bit slow.

fendy i used the calculator on the "other" site before id heard of this one,its for 8% and its really easy!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

hi

Just a quick question for anyone that can help me. Im asking this on behalf of my daughter. Shes doing spreadsheet but on her statements there is an unarranged borrowing fee also service charge ,which she thinks is because she has Advantage Gold Acct. Now I dont think she can claim for service charge, but not certain. Also does the unnaranged fee go down in the charges or the interest as she also pays interest.

Thanks anyone in anticipation.

regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi again

sorry tobe a pain but have just been gioing through some threads and came across a stick that answered my questions to the letter so once again sorry to post an obviously unwarrented question.:o

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Hi Fendy

thought this might help. A vet gave it to me years ago when I had to have one of my Siamese put to sleep......

Wendy xx

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

How nice. cry.gifcry.gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaw ta lovely peepies, ta...................... As I said, I know Im a wussy of monstrous proportions but I just had a poopy day.......... I know I will be fine in a couple of days, but it helps to have a good ol bawl and get it out of your system I find............. Eyes dont look too pretty just now, but Im ok..................... Thanks all so much for being such nice peepies........................... I know theres way worse going on in the world, but its nice to know peeps care. It really is. Thanks................. Fendy xxxx

Gonna lounge around for rest of day feeling sorry for maself that way I might be ok for work tomoz.................... my mums ok, I just phoned her, shes just got in from work, and my iccle sis has buried the kitty at the bottom of the garden, so shes never far away................ thanks a billion my virtual buddies.......................... xxxx

Fendy, good going - but how many times have you told us all to keep going? Don't lose faith girl, keep it going you will get your money!

All the best

<--If you think this post was helpful, click on the scales underneath my alias and help me catch up with the others!!

Sky Broadband:

Requested 5/11/06

Letter 6/12/06

Equipment received 20/12/06

Connected 22/12/06

:)

Ongoing problems = 4.5 hours of calls

:x

Moved house 30/04/07

Not connected = 1.5 hours of calls

:x

Complained 16/05/07

New Equipment Received 21/05/07

Connected 25/05/07

:)

No problems with connection, await refund of calls / time ...

:rolleyes:

Just a quickie. Finally decided to shake myself up and stop being wimpy.................. but have decided, that like it or not Im not up to handling contractual, at least not yet. I have to learn to walk before I can run................ and because its hard doing the contractual when you dont have all the information to hand, i.e. on the Capital One cards, I have had copies of all charges, nothing to show each months rate of purchase interest, so I would be out of my depth and stabbing in the dark. So for Capital One have decided to KISS (keep it simple stupid) and stick to basic 8% spready...................... obviously at prelim only asking for charges. So banging those two claims off tomorrow recorded to Capital One. One for me and one for hubby. See, throwing yourself into work helps take your mind of expired kitties......................... Im so trying............................... thanks for all your help anyway peepies, but if I try to do something Im really not up to right now then I will only land myself in hot water and I dont wanna delay any longer on getting the Capital One stuff started................ Ive got HSBC(Midland), Abbey Number 2, Natwest Number 2, Yorkshire Bank over 20 years, and several store cards to start on, so will deffo have got my head round contractual for the next round of the bank claims, but for credit cards Im sticking to 8%. Its soooooooooooooooo much easier when your brains a bit grief stricken. Thanks peepies, and thanks Parky for the interest calculator but I still cant use it cost each month it seems the interest has been different and dont know how to work out an average without shooting myself in the feet. several times no doubt..............xxx

Just work out each charge individually. Using the different interest rate. Compound interest is interest computed on the sum of an original principal and accrued interest.

Contractual interest is relating to, or constituting a contract . So compound interest is how the banks charge you,and contractual interest is the actual % rate you are charged. So using that table put in each charge. What rate they charged you above base and the date of the charge, and Hey Presto . the full amount. Put the daily charge rate.Calculator

hi

just wanted to say what a lovely piece. Ive lost furry friends too over the years and people who were very special to me . One very very special,my hubby.

These words brought tears to my eyes and I can hardly see to type.

I like to think that they all walk by our side still , we sometimes feel their presence, we just cant see them physically, but we can if we look into our hearts and remember not just the good times but the not so good as well .Its all part of our memories and they never die.

regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw, Im sorry. I seem to have dredged up painful memories for peepies today. Im so sorry. That wasnt the intention, but you all know me sooooooooooo well by now. If somethings in my head affecting me, it has to come out. No hiding it................... cos I cant start to feel better till it comes out. Overflow, see I told ya all, my mums kitty fading out today is insignificant compared to the losses of people that a lot of peeps have had to bear. Im so sorry once again for being such a wuss over something that for animals is a very natural process.................... Overflow youve just put things in perspective for me. Thanks. I needed a kick up the bottom to stop me feeling sorry for myself................ My mums taken it better than me actually,,,,,,,,,,,, she just keeps saying it was the kindest thing to do to put her down, which I know it was, but it doesnt stop it hurting does it................ Thanks for the input overflow. Youve made me realise that animals can never come close to the loss of the lovely peepies........... Ever. xxxx Thanks for the wake up call.

Fendy xxxx

Parky, quote: "Just work out each charge individually. Using the different interest rate. Compound interest is interest computed on the sum of an original principal and accrued interest.

Contractual interest is relating to, or constituting a contract . So compound interest is how the banks charge you,and contractual interest is the actual % rate you are charged" unquote................. this is the problem mate. I dont have a month by month purchase interest rate. Capital One very kindly left those individual monthly interest rates off the print out they sent me and I know the rates fluctuated over 6 years, so I cant do the compound contractual because I dont have the interest rate information that I need to be able to calculate it, and I dont wanna waste any more time in delaying my claim. Like I said, once Im feeling more clued up on the contractual side, I will be more than happy to go for contractual, but I dont want to feel pressured into doing contractual when I know I dont know enough about it yet. Im still such a novice on all this despite 65,000 posts on the thread. Honest. Im not thick either, but my skills lie in English and Languages, not maths. And I would hate to fluff up all because of my own stupidity and lack of understanding of contractual. I dont think it benefits anybody to go into this claiming thingy only half knowing what you are supposed to be doing. I think it would be very foolhard of me to try and do contractual when I REALLY CANT GET MY HEAD AROUND IT AT ALL. I just cant. Call me thick, call me stupid, call me whatever ya like, but why pretend I get it, when I just dont..................... will have to do way more reading on it before the penny drops. So will ensure that for next round of bank claims, my head knows how to do it. For now though sticking to 8% stat, cos its what I know best. And imagine if I tried to do contractual, got it wrong, claimed through court, got claim thrown out cos of wrong calculations, then I would be a laughing stock on CAG and minus my basic charges back, so no good for anybody to lose these cases by their own stupidity. So as I said, Im sticking to 8% for this Capital One claim anyway, because I know could spend another week on contractual Compounded and still not get it. What I would need is to produce my spreadsheet and for smebody else to do the contractual for me, which is no good. Not fair to expect anybody else to do the contractual for me. If I cant do it myself then I wont bother. Lol xxxxx Feeling a bit better already bout kitty because my mum is handling it sooooooooooo well, bless her................... Fendy xxx

SKILLS IN ENGLISH !speechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gif Fendy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless you . Look after your mum. Tell her Parkie sends his condolences.

hi Fendy

just wonderin if this will help. I tried the other one for bank accounts and it was brill this ones for cc's. If it does , great if it doesnt ooopps sorry.

Re: Excel Contractual Interest Spreadsheet

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

meant to say look near the end of the thread :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Lol Lol. Parky I know my English is not proper english, I have a language all of my own I know, but what I mean was I passed my O level with an A, and I got french too, and I seem to excel at anything wordy, but maths, nope, never have, never will......................... But what I meant to say was, I do know proper English, lol, just dont use it much, prefer yorkshire binty speak instead. Lol. Its more me than anything else..............xxxx

Overflow, I have tried everything I really have, but whats the point in keep trying when I cant get it. I just cant........... Fendy xxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks