• Tweets

• The "grief tech" firms helping users create talking avatars of their dead relatives.View the full article
    • I do disagree with you regarding one thing - we are not very good with letters or these situations and are slow on the uptake. So far you have stood up to Excel and their threats, immediately given us the information in the sticky, done loads of reading up to educate yourselves, learnt from the mistake of outing the driver so you'll know not to do so in the future, got on to the organ grinder to try to get them to call off their dogs, etc., etc.  Good grief - we wish everyone who came here would do this!!! Most people who get these invoices sadly think they have been fined and if they don't pay a drone from Ukraine will be diverted and will fall on their home (or some such vague grand apocalyptic threat) and they fold and give in.  You haven't.  Well done. Don't worry - you won't be paying a penny.  Although it will take some time to see off this vile company.
    • Spot on!  You learn quickly. Who cares if the case gets sent to debt collectors?  They have no powers.  All the effort you will have to put in will be to open envelopes - and then spend time laughing at their daft "threats".  No stress at all!
    • I did ask them why, but seems they have more spare cash than we do .. ;-( .. I doubt their bank would even support a chargeback after a year has passed. Anyway I've constructed my first DRAFT Snotty Letter .. so here goes ..   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you had added. Shall we raise that related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding the ANPR entry / exit periods compared with actual valid parking periods. Especially with no consideration of the legally allowed grace periods and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the issues with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture more useless ANPR photos. We will of course be requesting “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Legal Counsel on behalf of the Vehicle Keeper.  
    • Hi,t I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right subsection but General Retail appears to be the closest to it I think... About a year and a half ago I got a new phone so I listed my iPhone 10 on eBay.  The listed stated 'UK only' and 'no returns accepted'. Considering I had had the phone for about 4 years, I myself was amazed that I had kept it in such good condition all that time - apart from being slightly scuffed around the charging port there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It had the original box, its unopened original Apple cable, plug, and earbuds, and I threw in a case for it and It had always had a screen protector on it. Someone wanted it from Armenia, and I stupidly agreed to it.  She paid and I sent it off, fully insured. Not long after she received it, she sent a message saying it 'was not as described', so I asked to see photos of whatever was the problem.  She sent two photographs of the box.  Just the box.  I said I wasn't even going to consider refunding her unless she told me what she meant by 'not as described'.  I thought, if it's been damaged in transit, then it would be covered by the insurance. Anyway, she didn't respond at all, even though I had messaged her several times, so she opened a case with eBay. I have sold a fair few things of mine on eBay in the past buy had never had had anyone come back to me asking for a refund.  I got in touch with eBay several times by phone and by email, and found out they always side with the buyer, no matter what with their 'eBay Seller Guarantee'.  She had been told she could keep the phone and told me they would recover the money from me from my account blah blah.  So I unlinked all of my cards etc and changed my bank account to one that I never use with no money in it. My account got suspended.  I continued to try to explain to eBay that I had been scammed but I got nowhere. My account was permanently inaccessible by this point. I reported the phone stolen and the IMEI blacklisted but I'm not sure if that would make any difference being in Armenia, but it was all I could think of to piss the buyer off. A couple of months later I was contacted by email by a debt recovery company (I can' remember who now), to whom I explained I will not discuss the matter with them until I had received an SAR I had requested from eBay. As I could no longer access my account, I couldn't review the communication I needed to show I was not in the wrong. The SAR was produced but I was advised that the information I was looking for would not be included but I said I wanted it anyway.  There were so many codes etc. and hoops to jump through to access it, that even after trying whilst on the phone to them, I still couldn't get into it, so I never got to see it in the end.  I think they said they would send the code by post but they never did and I forgot about it after a while. I've just come across a couple of emails from Moorgroup, asking me to phone them to discuss a private matter regarding eBay.  I haven't replied or done anything at all yet.  The amount they are trying to recover from me is £200ish from what I remember. I know it's not that much but I don't want to pay the b*astards on general principle. I've had a lot of useful advice from CAG in the past about debt collectors but it has always been about being chased by creditors, I've never been in this situation before. I don't know what power they legally have to recover the 'debt', and most importantly, I am two years into a DRO, and the last thing I want is another CCJ to shake off if I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face.   Any advice gratefully received!!
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Fendy - gotta go, Asda beckons! Need to stock up on rations for my hungty brood.............. along with the odd bottle of red here and there!!!!! Have a lovely meal tonight with lots of luvly jubbly red wine to wash the pasta down............. yay haaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!! See you tomorrow honey, lots of love xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK back for 5, 2 gorgeous bottles of red later and one lovely fillet steak in pepper sauce. Oh noooooooo better go. Dont feel able to handle the forum 2nite. Amazing, 4 glasses of red and Im incapacitated. Sorry, back tomorrow. Not good right now. Dont make much sense. Sorry y'all. Fendy xxxxxx

OK back today. Head much clearer and after reading up on AQ's for the last couple of hours Im pretty confident I know what Im doing once it arrives. Will be back on here to ask for help if theres anything Im not clear on when it pops through my letter box. Just waiting waiting waiting again now. Not much I can do till that arrives. And also reading up on the scare/delay tactics of Cobbets, saying peeps havent particularised their claims property etc. etc. so have been reading up on the letters for those too in case they come back to me with that one. Have to try and cover every eventuality. Crikey Im sure I will almost be a fully qualifed legal brain after all tis. Lol. As if............... Fendy xx

Hey Fendy, just posted on my thread (in answer to yours and mortees!!) but now I'm postin on yours too honey!!! Not sure about the qualified legan brain bit, cos girl......... you need to be a barrister!!!! Dont' be sellin' yourself short!!! You've had a long road so far, but the end's almost in sight Fend, so dont' you be worrying for one more minute. Hedgey's orders you hear!!!! :D God it's been a strange day today.......... snow in west yorks, hail and slush in manchester, gorgeous sunshine in the midlands...... global warming's arrived in a region near you folks!!!!

Think I need to go to bed - this mother's all red wined out tonight. Work tomorrrow - back to reality (which yes........ I do find strangely difficult sometimes!!!!!) See you tomorrow Fendy, lots 'a' love xxxxxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hey y'all just checking in for my daily gossip fix. At work actually, but thought Id sneak a log in and see if anybody has gotten their money back today from Nasty West. I love it when the threads change to WON. Im sad I know but I get a right kick from it. Snow settled everywhere, more came last night, looks lovely. So bright white everywhere. Really pretty. Who needs money when you got picture postcard views. Ahhhhhhhhh, bliss. Road clear though so kids protesting like crazy this morning. "Dont wanna go to school, cos if the snow comes again mum how will you get up to my school", thats was from the littlest one, his school is out in the sticks, on the moor, nothing but fields and bad weather up there, but its beautiful in the summer, and I must admit when it snows the village up there comes to an utter stand still. Nobody can get in and nobody can get out, so Im keeping my eyes on the forecast. If it starts snowing again, I will have to leave work early and go on a recovery expedition for the little one. He will panic if he thinks he cant get home for the night. Lol. Although Im sure school would look after them fine overnight if it came to it. Lol. Bit of an adventure for them I would have though. Anyways, back to my thread. Have posted my letter to Cobbets, recorded this morning, enclosing a lovely 6 page breakdown spreadsheet of each and every single charge, so they cant now come back and say they havent had it. Even though Im sure they still will. If I get, I will just be OVER THE MOON. Ive never had more than a grand left ever in my savings account, so this will be a lovely bonus. I gotta help my mum pay some bills though, shes gotten herself into a bit of a hole over the years, long story, 4 siblings, my dad died when we were little etc. etc. and mums struggled to bring us all up without him, and on a pittence of a salary, and without any kind of benefit at all other than widows pensions, so I admire her immensely, so I owe her back big time. She had it so hard, and we are all so grateful to here for the fact she brought us up well, and weve all landed decent jobs and lives, (lucky) but a testament to my mum I think, So will of course make donation to this website first, then my mum will be getting a large chunk of my winnings, and if theres anything left, I will be treating the family, i..e hubby and 2 kids to a lovely holiday. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Recharge the batteries and all after the fight. Anyways, if I get any contact through from Cobbets I will of course be back on here to report it straight away. Take Care Peeps. Fendy xxxx

Hi Fendy, ur either not very busy at work or u are very sad, i think it may be the latter :D . Actually, i think i am just about as sad as you, being on here every spare moment although i dont post nearly as much as you. Your weather sounds fantastic, i love the snow but unfortunately we dont get much of it down here is sunny surrey (did grow up in the highlands tho, so know what its like), we did have 2 snowfalls overnight during this winter, kids loved it with snowmen being built and snowball fights before school. They then got to school and were told they couldnt play in it at all during the day due to 'health and safety'. what a bunch of killjoys eh? They had to sit and watch it melt all day :( .Told my kids if it snowed again they could have day off :D . Next time it was forecast i had a word with the headmaster and he said they would be allowed to play in it cos they were 'prepared' this time!!!

Oh well i am home today with sick child upstairs (sore throat and temperature), youngest off last week with tonsilitis, am losing money daily here as i dont get sick pay, so spending most of my time trawling round here reading as usual. My next stage is MCOL next monday so have been checking out the forms to prepare myself. Heard nothing from prelim or LBA but you never know. Quite a hefty claim so am expecting to fill in forms next week. At least i will get the stat interest which will be worth another grand or so. Will be worth the extra paperwork i hope. Anyway, hope you manage to rescue the children, i am just counting the minutes before i can actually get out and pick my youngest up. Going stir crazy cooped up in here with the heating on (wouldnt be on if i was at work and she was at school :grin: ) Oh well, g&t time will come around soon enuf :grin: Jetspark xx

Hi Fendy

Been looking through your recent posts, i too am dealing with Lynsey Burgoyne as well, AQ had to be in on the 5th had phoned up the court this morning to see what the next stage would be and was told that a court date would be set now but could be looking at JULY for this so a long wait now. One thing intrigued me with your claim is the daily interest on your claim of £3 something is this standard or should i have added this somewhere on my claim form, i used all the templates on this site, but intersted to see where you got that from? Especially if i have too wait til July for a court date?

Regards and Good Luck and will be watching your progress. ;)

Hiya, Firemansam, from the date you file your claim with MCOL, (because Im claiming 8% stat interest on mine), the spreadsheet works it out for you if you enter the total amount of claim in the charges column, and put the date as tomorrows date, remembering of course to set the date bck on your computer by a day, date, whatever day it is that you are calculating it, and it gives you the daily total that the amount is accumulating by on a daily basis. So I filed my MCOL 5th March, by the time this is settled, it could possibly add another chunk onto the claim because my daily rate of interest is £3.35, so if its July, heck I could be looking at another 150 days X £3.35, oooooh nice little bonus for my work. If you need help, drop me a shout, and I can work out yours for you if you just give me the date of your claim, the total you are claiming, and it works out your daily rate for you on the 8% stat charges sheet. Good Luck. Let me know if you get any word from Cobbets, interesting to see how long things are taking now. But my claim is huge, thats why my daily rate is so high. Fendy xxxx

Fendy,

My AQ received at the court 8th Feb. nearly 6 weeks ago. Have phoned the court numerous times. Iwas told last week that the court is snowed under with claims. So it is down to the long game now. eusa_doh.gifPatience by the truck load i think. So be prepared

fendy .

Easter is looming only 3weeks and i think my patience will be getting pretty stretched

by then.EasterBunny.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

OMG Parkvale, where do you get those amazing little cartoons from. Its Ace. I adore it. Im gonna pinch it for my e mails. Please........ I know what ya mean. Patience is gonna be my second name at the end of all this. Would be nice to have spondoolies before summer, but Im in it for the long haul as Ive said all alone, so if it takes till blumming October Im waiting it out. I can wait. Not the end of the world.................. Hey ur becoming quite the celebrity in here. Have you seen Jetsparks post above. Shes dreaming about you now. LOL. the influence you have, amazing. Enjoy the fame................. and celebrity of course. All in name. Take Care and do keep me posted on your own progress. Fendy xxxxx Love reading other threads. Will go now and catch up on yours. Bye for now. xxxxx and keep out of dreamtime internet cafes, (see Jetspark above), LOL.

:D:):D;):p HAPPY TODAY. Love reading threads and I love it when there are so many new claimants. I get a weird kick from knowing how snown under the Nasty West must be. Ha. Karma. What goes around comes around. LOL. And boy is theirs coming around. LOL. Fendy xxx

Hey Fendy, you're sounding chirpy today honey!!! Personally, I think the anticipation of an outstanding win against nasty west is lifting your spirits by the day - it's so close, you can almost taste it!! Been so busy today - can't believe the number of new threads on here. Must have taken me nearly an hour tonight just to catch up with myself!!!! Got any gossip for me??? xxx :grin:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Yeah was reading Wrightstars claim this morning. Got offer of settlement. Brilliant or what. Yeah, lots and lots of new threads tonight. Been loads. Ive felt like a one man poster tonight. Lol. xxx Been fun though. Beats watching the damn footy again. Lol. xxx Good day at work got mountains done so feeling tip top. Fend xxx Snowing again, lol, Can you believe it. Roads covered too. xxxx

I'm so jealous that you've got snow. We've just got freaky manchester hailstones one minute, then lovely sunshine that deceives you into stepping outside in a t-shirt only to end up looking like shake 'n' shiver............ niiiiiiiice!!!! And I so know what you're talking about with the footy - if my husband watches anymore of it he just may find himself wearing the tv on his head. However, I do believe surgeons can work miracles these days - removing even the largest obstructions from one's body. Hmmmm..... I may need to have a re-think - don't want to deprive myself of Whistleblower on Wednesday!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Oooooh I know. I wouldnt miss it for the world. My daughter has her electric guitar lesson at that time Wednesday but because Im so selfish and wont miss it for anything, Ive cancelled her lesson this week. Well, I think of it as doing my homework. Its important in my quest, so she understands bless her. Think it will give the topic of convo on here on thursday morning, dont you. Lol. xxxx

Oooooooooh Fendy - Thursday morning? Think we'll all be back on straight after the programme!!! That's if we can log back on again - cos once the rest of the country wises up to the dirty tricks that our prestigious high street banks have been getting away with, our beloved CAG may well crash from the overload!!!! I should have been on a girlie night out on Wed (in revenge for hubby's copious levels of footy viewing in recent weeks!) - but even moi is passing up a chinese banquet and copious amounts of red stuff/white stuff/beer/whateverrrrrrrrr to watch on Wed. Can't wait!!! xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Just wondering. Keep reading about different peeps wanting to keep their claims low so out of multi track etc. etc. Do any of you legals or super brainy mods on her know why that would be ?? What difference does it make, and if I lost (which Im not planning to obviously) but stranger things have happened at sea, how much is the most I stand to lose in fees i.e. the banks. Not that it will stop me anyway, but I was just wondering ??? Michael, anybody ???? Dont wanna end up bankrupt, but can stand to lose a bit more on this if it comes to that. God forbid. I flipping hope not, and so far has anybody lost that you know of with this size of claim. 15.7K including 8% stat. ??? Help. Anybody. Not worried, just like to know my position at all times on everything. Fendy xx

Fendy,

Calm down rolleyes.gif or you will blow a gasket. Multi track is for claims £15 + . Full disclosure is a definate on this track, but the cost implications are higher. As generally cases are more complicated and take more time. I would think that your case would go into fast track as the judiciary know that a case has never been defended in court.

Thus they would be tying up valuable court time in multi track.

Fast track and multi track

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Oooooh thanks Parkvale. Always there to my rescue. My hero. Ta very muchly moo for the link. Will read up now. Just had a temporary blip there. Suddenly thought, Oh heck, will I now lose my house over this if Im liable for Nasty Wests costs too. Thank god for that. And ta again.

Fendy xx

OK, got bored, day off today, weather freezing so after walking dog for an hour on moors getting even more freezing, and cleaning house when I got back and then preparing dinner for this evening, was utterly utterly bored. So decided to do something positive. Not normal I know,but positive, surely in the courts eyes anyway. So sent e mail to Lynsey Burgoyne and Stuart Higley in the form of below:

DATE: 20TH MARCH 2007

Dear Ms Burgoyne,

CASE NO: XXXXXXXXXX

NATWEST ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXX

SORT CODE: XXXXXXXXXX

NAMES: MRS BLAH BLAH BLAH AND MR BLAH BLAH BLAH

ADDRESS: AS MY FULL POSTAL ADDRESS

I have received a copy of your N9 acknowledgement of claim dated

14th March 07, and note that you will be defending the whole of the claim. However, in a further attempt at resolution of this matter, prior to taking up valuable court time and resources, not to mention the judges, very precious and limited time, I have contacted you, to ensure you are aware of my absolute determination to see this matter through to the end.

I have given Natwest several occasions on which to refund these charges, &

furthermore gave them much longer by contact through e mail (copies of

everything I have kept), to settle this matter well before court stage.

I would add, that they had plenty of time allowed by me prior to

starting my court claim, in which to settle for my charges alone, which

are: £xxxxxxxxx and at every turn, they ignored my requests to refund as per

my claim. I do feel rather sad and find it quite pointless really, that it got

the stage where I had to spend a further £400 on commencing this claim, and feel it also rather wasteful of time, resources and money that Natwest are prepared to

defend this and drag it on when they have no hope of winning this case,

incurring further costs from yourselves compiled onto my existing claim.

Surely the Natwest shareholders would be better served by not throwing even more of their profits down this avenue when they could settle for less. I feel it an awful abuse of the courts system and precious time, and I will be of course requesting that the judge ask you to provide full breakdown of costings for these charges, which I will be entitled to do as this will no doubt be fast track at court. If the charges are so transparent, then I look forward to reading the exact way in which each and every one of these has been arrived at. Your forced disclosure of these costs will be compelling reading to say the least.

CHARGES AS IT STANDS NOW.

BANK CHARGES: £XXXXXXXX

Interest at Stat. 8% as per S69 : £35XX.XX

Plus my court costs to date of £400 for commencing the claim

Plus SAR request cost of £10.00

Plus Interest accuring at a daily rate of £3.35 per day

Plus costs that I will present to the judge in court of work charged

at £9.50 per hour for the number of hours I have spent on this to date,

together with all costs for every recorded delivery letter I have had to

send.

This coupled with your own costs to Natwest will end up costing them

a small fortune.

Once again, I offer the olive branch, of which I shall advise the

judge, In order to try and save further costs to the Natwest, I would

re-iterate, I am prepared to accept Total of £XXXXXXXX plus £400 court

costs spent to date on bringing this claim, without any further costs added to this, if you were to offer me this now, thus saving Natwest the other costs as detailed above, plus costs for your own work in this matter.

Failing that, this case continues to court. I can wait.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU CONSIDER THIS, AS AT NO TIME IN THE FUTURE AGAIN OF THIS CASE, WILL I BE OFFERING SUCH AN OLIVE BRANCH FOR EARLY SETTLEMENT IN THIS CASE. I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS WITH THE NATWEST. ALL OF WHICH HAVE BEEN IGNORED. The courts are crowded with these kinds of claims at the moment, and I truly am trying in an endeavour to be entirely fair about this, to ensure that you dont run upany further costs to the defendent in this case, i.e. Natwest Bank by dragging this out at much more expense to them and their shareholders, in your costs as their legal defence in this case.

I do not enjoy this process and at no time has it been undertaken

with any malice intended to the bank. I simply want what is fair and right

in this matter. I feel almost sorry that it got to the stage that I have

had to take court action against Natwest to sort this matter out. I

attempted several times to sort this out long before it got to this stage.

But have been met with a brick wall of silence.

In conclusion, if you see fit to offer me the amount mentioned

above, i.e. £XXXXXXXX at this stage only, I would be utterly delighted to

accept and thus not incurr any more charges to your client.But unless this

offer is forthcoming in the next week, then I will not offer to settle for

this amount, at any point in future. I will see this through to the end and

will see you in court. Believe me, Im not daunted by the court process at

all. I know exactly what to do with an AQ and exactly how to prepare my

court bundle. Its not a daunting prospect in the slightest. The whole

court process is there to serve both myself and your client in a fair way,

and to decide the proper outcome as other cases have already been decided. This is my first and last olive branch to you as Natwests legal representatives.

Thank you for your time in reading this, I appreciate you are

probably a very very busy lady at the moment, with claims mounting up, and if I hear from you again that would be truly enlightening. But if not, then that makes your position in this case perfectly clear to me and I shall see you in court.

Yours faithfully,

MRS FENDYWEATHER LADY

TEL. HOME: XXXXXXXXXX

TEL. MOBILE: XXXXXXXXXX

E.MAIL: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now to be honest, Im not expecting them to reply at all. Im really not, but I had ten minutes to kill and thought it could only go in my defence in course, that I had yet again tried to extend the olive branch to them, and settle this before taking up even more court time and resources. We shall see. But I doubt very much I will get any kind of answer. Although, two minutes ago I just got an e mail from Mr. Dix acknowledging receipt of my e mail, so at least they might be looking at it. Perhaps. Do you think. ?????? Maybe ????????? Possibly ??????????????? NOT. IM SURE.

Fendy ,

Great idea and won't do any harm. Not so sure about the "olive branch". I think you are being more than helpful trying to bring this matter to an early conclusion. Don't show any weakness to them. You have indicated your intentions to them very specifically and in a fair forthright manner. Which is hardly how cobblers treat bank charge claimee's. Also remember it is not the indians that call the shots, it is the chiefs. So everything has to be cleared by Nat West. Everything is worth a try, and you do have the law on your side. It's cobblers deal or no deal. They would rather fight you to the end i'm sure, because its more money in their coffers. Yet you may well have stumbled on a really good idea. action-smiley-033.gif. We must try all avenues in this fightand fendy that is a really good letter and it will certainly make them think.eusa_think.gif

I actually couldnt give a monkeys about trying to be nice and offer the olive branch but when it comes to court, Im sure a letter or something of this kind would surely go in my favour. The fact I copied in Stuart Higley on this was really just to try to wake the guy up the fact that Im gonna win anyway, so why doesnt he agree to settle up now rather than 6 months from now when possibly another £300 to £400 quid will have been added on just in daily interest alone. Never mind whatever Cobbets are going to be charging Nasty West for defending it. Im not trying to be cocky, just factual to the guy. i.e. Are you really happy to spend more dosh on this when you could settle now for a lesser amount than it will cost you in 3-6 months time you silly man. And bring it to an earlier conclusion of course if I can. And surely the fact Ive already spent £400 quid on submitting the claim to court, lets them know that Im not frightened of chucking more money at this if I have to, to get a win. But then again, everything they have done so far hasnt made any sense anyway, so why should they listen to the voice of reason, i.e. me, on this one too. NVM, just got bored. Had time to kill today so had to do something. I dont think it can go against me anyway can it ??? Surely not. Just for sending a letter. Ah well. Back to the waiting waiting waiting. Lol. Can get old and grey on here just waiting waiting waiting. Lol. Fendy xxxxxxxxxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks