• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOL, ur funny. I like your humour Parkvale, and it certainly helps to have one throughout this whole blumming long drawn out process doesnt it. LOL. Not much round where I live though except sheep and cows and lots of fields. Way too many farmers to the hectare round here. LOL. OK, then to be politically correct G & T, with lovely squeezed lime grown straight from my garden, seriously..... Yum. xxx

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just wondering. Have been reading thread by Toilet Bandit again, what a legend, and I pretty much had exactly same scenario about my statements. I asked for them, there was approx, 600 of em, and they did finally arrive in huge very tatty brown envelope which had been patched up by royal mail and put in one of their bags that says sorry but your item got damaged in transit etc. etc. so we had to put it all in this big bag to keep it safe, and they were delivered to me by my lovely postie who recognised the name and address straight away when it came through Keighley sorting office, and thus tried to repair envelope as best he could. Long story, I e bay a lot and so am on first name terms with most of the posties down there, they know me well. But was terribly miffed that Natwest could send so many statements out to me in such a pathetically packed way, and not even recorded or anything. I mean, anybody out there could now have my statements. There is a whole 12 months missing. And its the last 12 months, i.e. the most recent. On account of I couldnt be bothered waiting another 40 days for the missing statements and luckily I already had copies of the last 6 months in my files, I always keep em 6 months before shredding em, meant I actually then only had 6 months missing, i.e. January 06 to July 06. I was pretty solvent mostly round then so I dont expect there were many charges during that time, so in the end I decided to pursue my claim with those 6 months worth of statements missing. I told Natwest this. They didnt care basically. On reading Mr. Toilet Bandits posts about him complaining to his MP about the shabbiness of the envelopes they use to send these out in, and the fact they are putting their customers at risk of identity fraud by sending them out in such a ridiculously packaged way, is there anything I could further do to bring them to task over this, Natwest I mean. I mean his problems with crappy envelopes were back in Spring last year, and almost a year has elapsed since his complaint to the bank and his MP about the envelopes theyre using for this, and he was promised they would sort their act out and use better envelopes. Well its still happening, almost a year later. The state mine arrived in was despicable. Natwest confirmed they had sent my last 12 months worth of statements in with the bundle I received, but they are all definitely missing. Can I do anything about this with natwest do you think, i.e. sue them for putting me at risk of identity fraud because my last exactly 12 months to the date worth of statements were missing, and they sent them, so theyve definitely been stolen in transit. Any suggestions anybody. ????? I know this is a seperate issue to my claim but any ideas on what I can do to bring Natwest to task over this. The fact they promised Toilet Bandit they would do something about their envelopes and the way they send the statements out, and clearly a year later they have done diddly squat ???

Patience is a virtue laughing-smiley-014.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I know, Im trying, I trying. OK. Last post on my own thread for today. I have to get a life back and get off this forum. But its compulsive reading, all for a good cause. xxx Fendy xxx Wont do another post until I know papers been served.

OOooooooooooooh bums, I hate this waiting. Its been four days, and my MCOL still isnt showing as served on Nasty West. I know they have 5 days to do it, but I just want that little note to change to ACKNOWLEDGED, instead of ISSUED. I think the waiting gets to me more than the fight. lol. NOTE TO SELF: Must practice more patience, I must. Im trying I really am. xxx Watch this space, will post once its ACKNOWLEDGED. Bums. xxxx

Fendy,

I repeat a little bit louder. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.:cool: They do every thing at the last minute. Unless you are as lucky as i was with this claim. Read this it might make you chuckle a bit :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/62561-parkvale-g-e-money.html

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hey Fendy, don't stress honey! You've worked so hard on this claim and you've done everything right, just listen to Parkvale and have a little more patience. It must be so awful having to wait like this, but hold on just a little longer and you'll get your reward.

Lots 'o' love,

hedgey xxx

p.s. it's friday tomorrow......... you can have a bottle of wine without feeling guilty about hubby! take it easy x :razz:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi again all, Im just beginning to be a bit puzzled by the MCOL. I paid for it and set the ball rolling first thing Monday morning 5th March, and when I check on the website, it just says START. It doesnt show that its been served on Nasty West yet. I thought they had 5 working days only to serve it. How come its not been served yet then ?? Im puzzled. Fendy xx

Fendy try ringing them 0845 601 5935. MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9am-5pm .

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/popup_helpdesk.html

Hey Parkvale, Many thanks for the info. I will ring first thing Monday and find out whats happening. Im being really patient, but I just want to know its been served. I will feel much happier about it all then. Just knowing that they know Im now serious, is all I want them to know. I did enough threatening that I would commence action, and I really think they were starting to think I wouldnt do it. Well I did. And I just want them to know Ive done it. Its the first step to the end of it all then.

Fendy xx

:mad: :mad: :evil::-o Hi all, just wondering, my MCOL issued last Monday 5th March. Still no sign on MCol website of when it was served. Tried to ring courts today, permanently engaged, boy they must be busy down there, so sent e mail chasing up service instead. But was wondering, this is probs a question for one of the mods on here, but somebody else might be able to help. With my claim being 11.7 without 8% interest, but 15.7 with 8%, plus 400 court costs for claim making 16.1K, Ive been told this will be fast track. Does that mean it will be dealt with much quicker than small claims ? If so, how long - ish can I expect this to take to court date ??? Any ideas anybody ??? thanks. Fendy xx

OK latest. Had lovely e mail from very nice man at MCOL court this morning. I queried yesterday if my claim had yet been served on Nasty West or not because the status showing online hadnt changed from issued. I filed the claim on Monday 5th March, and nice man at court said the claim is DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN SERVED FIVE DAYS FROM THAT DATE, even though status online isnt showing anything other than issued. He said I can safely assume that notice is deemed to have been served on 11th March. I know its early. But so far, no defence yet from Nasty West. I cant believe they wont defend, so Im expecting defence in post or at least acknowledgement of the claim sometime in next 12 days. Heres to hoping it JUST MIGHT BE THAT EASY and they dont acknowledge or defend. Nah, just wishful thinking on my part I think. Anyway, at least I know its now served, so can sit back and wait for next thing to happen. Ooooooh the suspense is killing me. Im kind of loving this in a weird way.... think I must be potty or something. Fendy xxx

Fendy,

I bet you when that very nice man at the MCOL court this morning when he put the phone down went speechless-smiley-040.gif. Only joking. What a good idea it was to contact them. action-smiley-033.gif

Never good to just sit and stew. Not that a good Yorkshire person as your self would ever do that. ;) I actually believe you are enjoying all of this. Keep up the good fight fendy.:)

Lol, Parkvale you make me laff so loud. Love the smileys by the way. Must copy then into my smiley file. Brilliant. And its so strange, but I have to agree. YES, WHOLEHEARTEDLY I AM ENJOYING THIS. I dont much like the time it takes up, because I have to be sure of what Im doing so Im trying to absorb so much from this CAG, dont want to fall at the final hurdle, but Im slightly worried about myself that I am enjoying it. How weird is that.......................... This turning forty 2 weeks ago thing, is begining to scare me now. My mum always used to say, OMG wait till you hit 40, you will have the confidence to take on the world. And its so strange, but suddenly I have. Im just not scared at all. More bothered about getting something wrong and making a dummy out of myself, but not bothered about Nasty West, or their legals or managers or anything. THEY JUST DONT SCARE ME AT ALL. I think I might need anger management classes after this little debarcle. But Im happier now I know MCOL is served on them. I will wait for the next juicy installment. No doubt I will be back on here asking for help for the experts on what to do when next bit drops through the door. LOL. xxxxx Gosh its such a great site isnt it. I dont think any of us would attempt this claiming back without the help on here. It instills confidence in a person. It really does.......

Fendy,

Your energy is boundless. I am kn....ed trying to catch up with you on these threads. I don't know if i have answered the right thread. :confused: I have been taking on the world all my life. The one lesson i have learnt is that God helps them that help themselves.

I couldnt agree more Parkvale. I mean the world doesnt owe any of us a living, we have to work that one out for ourselves in whatever way we can. And I always think the best things in life are free. i.e. the milk of human kindness and plain old good manners get a person far in life I believe. I have a mate that sometimes moans she never has any good luck. But always kind of say, you make your own luck. By good deeds and great effort Ive done ok in life. But I dont believe in sitting about on ones *ss and expecting everything good to befall you. You have to put in the effort to reap the rewards. Anyhow, enough of my preaching lol. Im being the Master of the Bl**ding obvious at the moment, LOL. xxx Fendy xxx A bit of hard graft never hurt anybody, and if you can help somebody else too in the process, then I think good things come your way. Maybe I have been lucky, but I always tend to be optimistic and come down on the positive side of something, and believe me, I have had bad stuff happen to me too in my lifetime, but I choose to draw on the benefits and memories of the good stuff to keep me positive in life. The bad stuff teaches us things, which hopefully we learn from, but if we dont then bad stuff will keep on happening. Me and my philosophy. There we go again, potty, small toddlers toilet facility working on overtime again, Lol. xxx

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, the fun has started. Cobblers have acknowledged my claim which I started 5th March, Date of Acknowledgement is showing as 14th March. Yippee Iiiii Aaaaaaay. Here we go. Hold on tight.......................... Cant wait to get the bit between my teeth now. Will keep this thread updated, daily if I have to. Lol. Fendy xxxxxx

Just keep up the good work girl - you're an inspiration to us all!! Have been "glued" here all morning reading your threads! My first action is against shabbey with more to follow! Love your idea of using a spreadsheet to keep track of it all!

Keep smiling

Mad

Thank you Mad. I think were all an inspiration to each other on here. The power of positive thinking. Its an amazing thing, it really is. And if we hit some hiccups during the whole process, then we just come back on here, sign in, drop a line, and you have tons and tons of peeps wishing you good luck and making you feel ok about everything again. Its wonderful. I love it. I think Im getting a bit sad though. Im spending more time on here at the moment than I am working. Im trying to get completely clued up on the process to ensure I dont go wrong. I would hate to give the case to Cobblers through my own stupidity. I certainly aint no Einstein but I do absorb info quite well so Im hoping that will see me through. Best of Luck to you too. Remember what Parkvale said. Its sooooooooo true. The guy/gal upstairs helps those who help themselves. I firmly believe that. Fendy xxxxxx

Have just been sat here reading your thread and you are giving me courage to carry on fighting. Have just sent LBA this morning asking for £14,000 fron Natwest, didn't even get response to !st letter sent. I wait with bated breath for outcome of your claim. Good luck, will have champagne on ice ready!!!!

Thanks John Kidd,

Just a quickie though. Did you send your prelim to Stuart Higleys department or your local branch, either way, did you send by recorded delivery. Theyre b*ggers for making out theyve never received stuff ?? I thought my claim was pretty big, at £11701.00 before interest, but blumming heck, you blow me out of the water on that one. Keep the iron hot. Strike to get back what is rightfully ours. Best of Luck yourself. Remember, theyre only people and only like you and me, but probably a bit craftier, so remember, nothing to be scared of. This CAG will help you through it all. YOU WILL GET IT. YOU JUST HAVE TO READ READ READ AND FOLLOW EVERYTHING ON THE FAQ'S SECTION. If youre tempted to accept early, Dont be. Its your money. You want it all. Obviously if they come back and offer you your charges only, you have to accept. Just remember that. Anything less than full charges, you dont have to take. Be strong, stay positive and you absolutely will win. Fendy xx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks