• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THE GODS ARE SMILING UPON US TODAY !!!

Firstly, Fendyweather just won a £15.5k settlement from Natwest.

Secondly..........

After great discomfort squirming around my attic in the dust and cobwebs......and constant distractions such as old letters from old girlfriends, and pictures of when I had more hair...... two hours later ...

FOUND SOME TERMS AND CONDITIONS FROM MY OWN BUSINESS ACCOUNT RIGHT BACK FROM IT'S VERY OPENING IN 1994 !!!!!!

...SIGNED AND DELIVERED......AND THEY CONTAIN VERY VERY EXPLICIT TERMS REGARDS OVERDRAFTS AND RUNNING MY ACCOUNT IN CREDIT.....

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

:D :D :D

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bright

You can use UCTA77 (ask them to demonstrate where in the act it says otherwise, and they will not be able to), BUT they are correct in saying you cant use UTCCR.

Come and have a look and join in this thread for Business claimants, lots of help here:

Hi Hope I am in the right place now, does this mean I need to start again and use the UCTA77..:confused: :confused: :confused:

P.S. Is theirany guides to getting round this site???

Help.....:(

Bright

You can use UCTA77 (ask them to demonstrate where in the act it says otherwise, and they will not be able to), BUT they are correct in saying you cant use UTCCR.

Come and have a look and join in this thread for Business claimants, lots of help here:

Hi Hope I am in the right place now, does this mean I need to start again and use the UCTA77..:confused: :confused: :confused:

P.S. Is theirany guides to getting round this site???

Help.....:(

Bright

In here should be everything you need to know.

There's also some very good guides to getting around the site.

Do have a good read of this thread regards Busines claims, and a good read of some of the other threads listed.

There's no shortcuts I'm afraid....... lots of reading ahead for you !!!

First of all read the Frequently asked questions here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

DO READ THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!!

As you go on, you’ll also find this very helpful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

You’ll then need to start your own thread;

Go to here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/

Find the name of the Bank your action will be against.

Click on it (the name of the Bank in Bold Blue)

On that page, you will then find a label saying "Forum Tools" (just under the list of page numbers).

Click on it. It will show you some options.

Firstly, it's a good idea to subscribe to the Forum ,as you'll then recieve updates from people in similar situatioins against the same Bank. So click on Subscribe. It will ask how often you want updates (Personally I like Daily).

Once Subscibed to the Forum it will redirect you back.

Hit the same button and choose "Start new thread"

Give your Thread a title eg: yourforumname v whatever bank

(choose how often you want updating by email if anyone posts responses in your thread)

Then your up and running !:-)

Whilst your there, you might want to take some time to have a look at some of the threads by people taking action against your same Bank, very helpful. Remember, any threads you want to follow, you can either choose the thread tools button, and choose subscribe to thread, or simply whenever you make a post in a thread it will automatically subscribe you to that thread.

On the main page I've posted above, you'll also find lots of highlighted "stickies", which have lots of very informative stuff in them too.

Once your ready to start , you’ll need to do a schedule of charges to submit to the bank, try this one:

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Best regards and good luck

photoman

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Bright

In here should be everything you need to know.

There's also some very good guides to getting around the site.

Do have a good read of this thread regards Busines claims, and a good read of some of the other threads listed.

There's no shortcuts I'm afraid....... lots of reading ahead for you !!!

First of all read the Frequently asked questions here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

DO READ THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!!

As you go on, you’ll also find this very helpful:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

You’ll then need to start your own thread;

Go to here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/

Find the name of the Bank your action will be against.

Click on it (the name of the Bank in Bold Blue)

On that page, you will then find a label saying "Forum Tools" (just under the list of page numbers).

Click on it. It will show you some options.

Firstly, it's a good idea to subscribe to the Forum ,as you'll then recieve updates from people in similar situatioins against the same Bank. So click on Subscribe. It will ask how often you want updates (Personally I like Daily).

Once Subscibed to the Forum it will redirect you back.

Hit the same button and choose "Start new thread"

Give your Thread a title eg: yourforumname v whatever bank

(choose how often you want updating by email if anyone posts responses in your thread)

Then your up and running !:-)

Whilst your there, you might want to take some time to have a look at some of the threads by people taking action against your same Bank, very helpful. Remember, any threads you want to follow, you can either choose the thread tools button, and choose subscribe to thread, or simply whenever you make a post in a thread it will automatically subscribe you to that thread.

On the main page I've posted above, you'll also find lots of highlighted "stickies", which have lots of very informative stuff in them too.

Once your ready to start , you’ll need to do a schedule of charges to submit to the bank, try this one:

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Best regards and good luck

photoman

Hi thanks will get reading again and resend the business letter before any action again.

Hi im pretty new here.

I am in the process of claiming back 20 k from my wifes business account.can you give me any tips on the best road to go down.With that size of cash would involving legal rep be a good idea or just go it alone.any help would be grately appreciated.

Hi im pretty new here.

I am in the process of claiming back 20 k from my wifes business account.can you give me any tips on the best road to go down.With that size of cash would involving legal rep be a good idea or just go it alone.any help would be grately appreciated.

T7cus,

Have a look at this for inspiration regards claims for Business accounts, over £25k won on a Business account by our very own Parkvale.

BBC NEWS | Business | Couple recover £25,000 from bank

and have a look at their actual thread on CAG here,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/83479-parkvale-natwest.html

Then, also, read the post directly above the one you made, it shows you how to start a thread, all the step by step instructions, and frequently asked questions.

Remember, there are some differences with Business account claims, so also have a good read of this actual thread from the start.

Good luck

PM

Hello Photoman (and all on this thread)!

First of all, thanks for creating such a brilliant thread - it has been a really useful resource for me so far.

My case is quite complex and involves both personal and business accounts.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/81525-gandolfi-natwest-3.html

To sum up briefly, Natwest filed a claim against me for unpaid loan/overdraft debts. I am in the process of defending and counterclaiming for unlawful bank charges. It is quite a big claim, 16 years, loan interest, possibly CI, default removal, kitchen sink etc.

I have a couple of questions which I hope you may be able to help with.

1) I want to claim back O/D interest and the interest on unecessary business loans (also with Natwest) which I was encouraged to take out to pay off the debt caused by the charges (usual story it seems). Both types of interest were debited from my business account. There is a period where I am overdrawn AND paying off the loan at the same time....this is where I get confused.....

How do I enter the interest/balances in Mindzai's spreadsheet so that it can calculate the correct proportion of both sets of interest against the accumulated charges? Do I enter the O/D balance against O/D interest and the loan balance against loan interest?

2)Because my counterclaim will include both personal and sole trader accounts, is it OK to leave the consumer law clauses in my claim?

I have loads more to ask but will leave it at that on this thread for now.

If you are able to offer any specific help on my case do drop in on my thread if you have time.

Thanks again!

Gandolfi

:)

Hello again

Just phoned the court to see whats happening with my claim. (Had a defence off MJ on 31st May asking for it to be struck out, see my above posts) I was told that MJ had 'replied' and a letter would be out to me in 6 days. I asked is this to do with the N244 I sent in on 2nd May? She then told me the 'reply' from MJ should not have been dealt with and filed with my original claim until the N244 comes back from the DJ. She said she will email her manager who will contact admin etc to chase up my N244 but it can take 8 weeks to get it off the DJ :eek: A silly mistake has now put me back by at least a month, may be two.

Everyone please check and check those N1's and spreadsheets before posting them off it saves time and £35.00!

Hi photoman and all

just a quick update with my claim from the uncooperative business bank, had a reply today which begins

Dear Groovycaz

Account Number****** ********

Our Ref:**********

Further to your letter dated 28 May 2007 regarding the above account. My investigation into the issues raised is complete and I am now in a position to respond.

As previosly advised financial institutions are only required by law to keep records for a maximum of 6 years. It is detailed in the statute of limitations that we do not have to refund more than 6 years of charges.

I note from our records that an offer in full and final settlement of your claim was issued to you on the 16 May 2007. Should you wish to accept this amount, please return the form duly signed.

Yours Sincerely

Joan Lyons

Customer Service Advisor

Well, again they have ignored the fact that I do not require them to hold my details further than 6 years I have all the information myself and im certain they are telling fibs that they DO NOT have to refund more than 6 years charges... any help in drafting a nice reply anyone....GC:rolleyes:

Just trying to remember is get stuffed one f or 2 f 's

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hello Photoman (and all on this thread)!

First of all, thanks for creating such a brilliant thread - it has been a really useful resource for me so far.

My case is quite complex and involves both personal and business accounts.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/81525-gandolfi-natwest-3.html

To sum up briefly, Natwest filed a claim against me for unpaid loan/overdraft debts. I am in the process of defending and counterclaiming for unlawful bank charges. It is quite a big claim, 16 years, loan interest, possibly CI, default removal, kitchen sink etc.

I have a couple of questions which I hope you may be able to help with.

1) I want to claim back O/D interest and the interest on unecessary business loans (also with Natwest) which I was encouraged to take out to pay off the debt caused by the charges (usual story it seems). Both types of interest were debited from my business account. There is a period where I am overdrawn AND paying off the loan at the same time....this is where I get confused.....

How do I enter the interest/balances in Mindzai's spreadsheet so that it can calculate the correct proportion of both sets of interest against the accumulated charges? Do I enter the O/D balance against O/D interest and the loan balance against loan interest?

2)Because my counterclaim will include both personal and sole trader accounts, is it OK to leave the consumer law clauses in my claim?

I have loads more to ask but will leave it at that on this thread for now.

If you are able to offer any specific help on my case do drop in on my thread if you have time.

Thanks again!

Gandolfi

:)

Gandolfi,

Okay....... boy you've really cut your cloth thick here !!

I tried to paste in a sample of how I used Mindzai's sheet to calculate the interest paid on a loan account, that was down to repaying the original charges on another account.

The formatting was way out, due to the way the site deals with copy and pasting, but I'm sure you can work it out.

Okay, basically this is the way I have done it;

1/ Firstly you'll need to change the titles of some of the headings to reflect the fact that this is a different sort of calculation relating to a loan account.

Then:

On the right hand side;

1/ put in the date exactly one day before the loan started (get this from statement), and in the penalties to date, put in the cumulative penalties upto that date that you paid on the account this loan was used to pay off.

2/Then in the other columns, put in;

The interest date

The Interest charged

The account balance at interest date

All this information you can get from your loan account statements.

Remember to enter the account balance as a negative figure.

Also the interest free overdraft will always be 0.

Then this should tell you how much interest each month you paid on the loan account due to repaying your other account with this loan.

Whether you submit this by adding it onto your claim for the account you originally paid the charges on, or as a seperate claim for the loan account, is a matter of opinion?

I suppose that by also putting in this spreadsheet with your claim for the primary account might make the most sense, as that where the money came from to pay the loan each month.

eg; Say, if you paid £100 each month from your account into your loan account, and say on one month your interest on the loan account was £40, and £20 of that is calculated as having been applied as additional interest on the loan that has transpired as due to repaying your original charges, then you add a £20 claim onto your final total.

You will have to submit all the spreadsheets, and add the totals together on your claim, and provide your reasonings in your letters and on your Particulars of Claim.

Try this and see?

Maybe also have a look at the thread in my signature regards reclaiming interest on a loan used to consolidate borrowing due to charges, lots of views and pointers on there.

Hope this helps?

£0.00

• Haha 1

:-x :-x :-x Hi Celicaman seem to be following you about the site hows things?

It looks like its my last bugger off letter from them, I will file N1 on monday...GC

Hey GC, just watching & learning

Got a hearing date 11th July so hope its sorted

by then.

After that i think i will go for the same account going back to 1990 including recent 'charges' and go for CI and overdraft charges. Trying to decide if its worth trying to work the spreadsheet, so year 1 (1990) work on apr of say 30% + depending on what it was that year and then the next year at what ever it was and so on,

Anybody think that would would work.

Only fill in one years worth at the the chosen APR, then copy paste into spreadsheet, then keep doing it for each year. Its closer than just a base CI spreadsheet that works on one APR, after all in 1990, the mortgage rates wers something like 15% so what were the bank charge APR's

should make for an interesting end result, Lets see oh i reckon £25k lol, tell you what tell the bank to just cough up a straight 20K and we call it quits

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hello Photoman and all in thread is this letter right for sending now [sole trader business account.]

:cool:

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my business account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law and contrary to Statute. The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the bank; exceed any alleged actual loss to the bank in respect of any breaches of contract ; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the bank which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit. The precedent for this was Dunlop Pneumatic v New Garage [1915] AC 79.along with Murray v. Leisure play [2005] EWCA Civ 963

If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs.

Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006 and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to the contrary.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated the account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are fair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have deceived me into agreeing to pay them.

Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now.

I calculate that you have taken £185.00 plus £62 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £247.00

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

Hello Bright, it looks about the same as the letter I wrote to the BOS when claiming business charges, Im sure Photoman will look over it and advise better than me.....GC

Hey Celicaman

20k yes that will do nicely please....by way of a personal cheque of course;)

Hello Bright, it looks about the same as the letter I wrote to the BOS when claiming business charges, Im sure Photoman will look over it and advise better than me.....GC

Hey Celicaman

20k yes that will do nicely please....by way of a personal cheque of course;)

Looks fine to me also. Nothing untoward inc.

Please, all, do remember I am not a Mod or site helper, just a claimant like everyone else on this thread.

Also, even though I may have started this thread, I do not consider it my own, it is for the benefit and use of all Business claimants.

PM

Hello people...

I just wondered if anybody could tell me anything about

Account Control Management Fees......Have been a sole trader for 17 years, and am just about to start reclaiming my charges, but want to get it right..........Basically this is what happened.....

They would charge me £20 to look at a transaction, and then £30 to reject it... £50 in one go.....

Just because this is called a FEE, does it make it legal?, or can i claim the charges back.....Many thanx......

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hello people...

I just wondered if anybody could tell me anything about

Account Control Management Fees......Have been a sole trader for 17 years, and am just about to start reclaiming my charges, but want to get it right..........Basically this is what happened.....

They would charge me £20 to look at a transaction, and then £30 to reject it... £50 in one go.....

Just because this is called a FEE, does it make it legal?, or can i claim the charges back.....Many thanx......

Tony

I've never heard of such fees?

What bank was this ?

Sounds to me absolutely outrageous !!

And in my view it just actually further backs up our contention that the reject fee is a penalty !!

Okay, perhaps they may be able to claim (and possibly even show), that due to the status of the account they had to monitor the transaction, so they may try to claim the £20 was for a service.

But that would only wash if they had charged the £20 for monitoring EVERY transaction, even the ones that cleared.

To then charge another £30 to reject it is without any doubt in my mind a penalty.

They would have to prove that there was another £30 worth of "service", work, or costs involved above and beyond the £20 they had already charged.

I do hope that some others here see your post and comment.

Outrageous !!!:o

HI Tony

The Cooperative Business Bank charged me between £5 and £15 "management time fees" 10 years ago and ive included these charges, ive asked them to proove manual intervention but of course they only hold customer account information for 6 years!!!!!GC

Thank you people...The bank was Barclays and there is no getting away from it as thats exactly as they print it on my statements...

"Account Control Management Fees"

I want to go back to 1990 with CI on this one as the amount equates to enough to get my life back, but you can appreciate i have to get it right first time.....So far i have gone back 6 years with 8%. I submitted my court claim on Tuesday so i have a few weeks yet before i start again.

Sorry for gatecrashing thread, but am getting nowhere fast.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Looks fine to me also. Nothing untoward inc.

Please, all, do remember I am not a Mod or site helper, just a claimant like everyone else on this thread.

Also, even though I may have started this thread, I do not consider it my own, it is for the benefit and use of all Business claimants.

PM

Hi.

thanks photoman:smile: and all you other guys This my trial bank account to get me started. Going to start on Ltd company soon. { Can I use this letter to.:?: :?: :?: for that business account.:?:

Bright.

Hi thanks, have you got yours back then:?:

Bright:-)

Thank you people...The bank was Barclays and there is no getting away from it as thats exactly as they print it on my statements...

"Account Control Management Fees"

I want to go back to 1990 with CI on this one as the amount equates to enough to get my life back, but you can appreciate i have to get it right first time.....So far i have gone back 6 years with 8%. I submitted my court claim on Tuesday so i have a few weeks yet before i start again.

Sorry for gatecrashing thread, but am getting nowhere fast.

Yes they are penalty fees so claim them back as well

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies