Help required with preliminary letter Please

Dave220
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I currently bank with Natwest. I have got my statements for the last 6 years and am ready to send my letter asking for the charges back but I just need to confirm 2 things

1) Can somebody confirm the best address to send my letter to as after searching the forums there are several addresses quoted.

2) Is it best to copy the template letter and add my details or should I just use the template as a guide and create my own letter.

these are probably questions that have been answered many times but I dont want to mess my chances up of getting my money.

I am going to claim just over £1000 without interest at this stage and will keep the forum updated with my progress.

Any other advice greatly appreciated.

PS Do they normally close your account after paying up? :|

hi mate, i used the template letter and just adited it to suit my claim, i sent it to the london address, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/41754-user-guide-contacts-link.html try this link for contacts....

as for the account closing it doesnt seem to happen often but its good practice to open another one cos you never know!!

good luck :)

Hi Dave

It is best to send correspondence to

NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

135 BISHOPSGATE

LONDON

EC2M 3UR

by recorded delivery

Use the template and add your own account details, but I would not alter it in any other way.

I made 2 seperate claims against Natwest and they havent closed the accounts.

Good luck

Thanks for the info and encouragement. I have been thinking of doing this for a while but when it actually comes to it, its very scary. I will post my letter tomorrow and keep the thread updated :)