Interest Rate & Contractual Interest

tricky0000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm about to send in my prelim letter with my schedule of charges etc, but all the figures being banded about on this board has done my head in.

i'm claiming back for the last six years to jan 2001, and obviously MBNA didn't treat my SAR as a SAR so i've just got a list of transactions.

What would be a fair figure to use as the interest rate they would have charged me and what would be a fair rate to charge them as contractual interest?

What would be a fair figure to use as the interest rate they would have charged me the current rate from their website and what would be a fair rate to charge them as contractual interest? i used the cash advance rate for my card as published on thier website

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Dont believe they are the same, although they may be, cash advance was the rate you paid if you took money out of a hole in the wall with your credit card i bwelieve and i always thought this was higher than the purchase rate (cash tansaction?).

The best way to check is to go to thier site and look for the kind of card you have/had. There will be a page where they post the rates for each card type, all companies do this so that consumers can do comparisons.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Do you know what it means on a credit card statement when they charge for PROMOTIONAL RETAIL INTEREST CHARGE ?Can I claim this back?

Hi Jemg,

No you can't claim for this, this is what the charge you for the pleasure of having one of their cards.

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

a tried and tested method by myself and quite a few others is to estimate intersest till mcol or n1 stage. then give them a call, they will calculate interest for you. did 4 me anyways only last wk.

matt

Did you also know that they dont always give the claimant what the claimant thinks they are getting too?

If you are going to rely on MBNA to work out what you are entitled to then you will be stuck with whatever they offer, even if its wrong.

You should do the work yourself then call them so you know what you are entitlted to.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA