BOS Overdraft Charge - HELP?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some advice.....

Never had a bank charge for a long time with BOS & recently my account went just £9.95 overdrawn due to my Broadband ISP changing its Direct Debit date (every month it seems). On the same day this happened i quickly credited my account online £30 to overide this hoping by doing so i would not be subject to a charge

BUT

I received a letter today saying that i will charged £30 for "going overdrawn without agreement" and that this will be TAKEN from my account.

Is there anything i can do to stop them taking the money in the first place or get a refund of £30 once they have taken the money. I don't know if threatening with court action would fly for £30, so i'm really looking for a quick way to say what they are doing is 'illegal' and hopefully prevent them from taking action.

Any suggestions?

I think you'll find it's not illegal but unlawful i.e. making profit from charges. I am with the BOS and if a dd is due I can put funds in anytime that day to cover it and it's ok but the bank have advised me that not all companies systems will keep trying for the payment on that day so some may only apply once so putting in funds that day won't be accepted but all dd's i have i have done this with

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)