Halifax Vs Close Motor Finance (Default Removal)

Netyard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

31/01/2007 - s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998.

I have this default on my credit history but this one had been satisfied, the reason why it was defaulted was because I terminated the agreement and told them to collect the car, they didnt collect it for about 3 months and I had cancelled the Direct Debit for the car.

Close Motor Finance

Roman House

Roman Road

Donacaster

DN4 5EZ

Tuesday 31st January 2007

Notice pursuant to s.10 of The Data Protection Act 1998.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: CLOSE MOTOR FINANCE LIMITED

HIRE PURCHASE/CONDITIONAL SALE Started: XX/XX/02 Defaulted £17XX on XX/XX/05

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Whereas I have been a customer of Close Motor Finance since XX/XX/2002 and whereas I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, at no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998

Therefore Take Notice that I require that you cease from processing within 7 days of the receipt by you of this notice or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of charges which have been applied to my account in respect of defaults or contractual breaches.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which may already have been caused and that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope this works :)

• 1 month later...

Not had any reply from Close Motor Finance but to my suprise the default has been removed from my account?! :D