Green Bowl vs. Lloyds TSB

the green bowl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having checked my online statements recently I note that Lloyds TSB have charged me £610.00 in overdraft excess fees and unpaid D/D fees since August 2003.

At the moment I've taken no action against the bank.

I've printed off the relevant statements from Lloyds online banking site and the sample letter from the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...bank_14day.pdf.

I'm quite worried about pursuing this as I've got a £1,500 overdraft with them. If they decide to close my account and/or demand that the overdraft is cleared immediately I have no means to pay it off (getting the unfair charges back off them would be a start though!).

As I said I have the BBC's template letter ready to send, I'm going to open another current account on Monday in case Lloyds try to play hardball.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Hi green Bowl.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
Yes.

Throw away the BBC letter.

Spend a couple of days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Have a look at the letter templates library. You will find all the letters that you need.

If you use a letter from elswhere and there is any problem, then we may not be able to help you properly. We know that our letters work.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi and welcome!

Firstly I was wondering if you've considered using the forum's own templates - as you're obviously intending on getting help and guidance here. I'm not trying to tell you what to do but if you are wanting to use this forum as an aid then it would probably be better to use the forum's methods. :) I've had a quick scan through the BBC's letter which you've usefully linked to and it is quite different to the initial letter on this forum. Firstly it is, in effect, a Letter Before Action as it gives them one warning and then you file at court. On this forum we send a prelim giving them 14 days, then a LBA giving them a further 14 days, then we file the claim at court. You can find all of the relevant letters in the Bank Templates Library. It would probably be worth checking out the Step-By-Step Instructions too.

I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to tell you what to do - as it really isn't meant that way. :) I just think that as you haven't sent your initial letter yet you might want to reconsider which method you're going to use. Also we tend to send in a schedule of charges at each stage so that they can see a complete breakdown of charges you're claiming for - I didn't notice mention of this in the BBC letter.

As for the overdraft it is probably a bit of a gamble I'm afraid. I think it is unusual for them to demand it back while you're in the process of reclaiming , but you're right in getting another account open.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure people will still be willing to offer advice whichever letter you use.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many Thank to you both.

"I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to tell you what to do"

On the contrary, I came here looking for advice from people in the know and I'm more than happy to listen. I was going to send the BBC letter today but then stumbled across this forum and I'm glad I was more cautious. I think this forum is fantastic - truly indicative of the power the internet has given the consumer when dealing with these disingenious companies.

My girlfriend's mother dived straight in with the BBC letter and has now been frightened into compliance by a rather rude letter from Nationwide where they advise her to 'seek an alternative banking service in the future'. I will certainly be pointing her to the direction of this site.

As it stands it will take me some time to clear the overdraft. I think my best option is to transfer it to my new current account before continuing this action.

My Thanks again.

green bowl.

I think it is a good idea to give them as little ammunition as you can. As I said, it probably would be very unlikely that they demand repayment but obviously it helps your confidence if you don't have to worry about it. A good place to find potential bank accounts is on MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more. The Best Bank Accounts article lets you know the best accounts for each situation - including switching your account with overdraft to another bank. If you can do it then I think it's certainly worth it. :)

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You guys have been brilliant.

I will shop around on Monday to find a new current account. Due to my overdraft situation it looks like Alliance and Leicester are my best bet.

I'll keep my activities posted.

You've really helped me avoid some obvious pitfalls, thanks again!