• Tweets

• sorry I have been confused by Statute Barred meaning. I thought with Statute Barred the debt cannot be chased 6 years after you have stopped paying.  Originally I set up a payment arrangement with all the companies around 2008 when things went horribly wrong. At that time the payment arrangement was with the original creditors.  I still have one of the original creditors who I pay each month (Cap1). I thought that if you make a payment arrangement you have to stick to that situation throughout. Also, MDR (Moorcroft) have been taking a monthly payment on behalf of M & S Bank for about 5 years. When I sent MDR a CCA request I got a copy of the original agreement sent to me directly by M & S Bank about 5 weeks after my CCA request. Sorry for my ignorance but would you suggest I stop paying all including Cap1 who are the original creditor? TIA
    • London1971 without divulging too much into his mental health he has issues regarding anything to do with government and so is it ok to fill the forms provided and what do I put on there  thanks  
    • Dear all, I am hoping for some advice/guidance on this matter. I received a LoC dated 12/04/24 and replied to this on the 2/05/24 disputing claim with the following reasons: 1: [Inadequate Affordability Assessment]: I contend that your institution failed to conduct a thorough assessment of my financial circumstances prior to approving the loan. As a result, the loan amount and repayment terms were not suitable for my income and financial situation. 2: [Unsustainable Repayments]: The repayment schedule imposed by the loan agreement placed an undue burden on my finances, making it impossible for me to meet my other financial obligations without experiencing significant hardship. 3: [Lack of Transparency]: Your institution did not adequately disclose the risks associated with the loan, including any potential increases in interest rates or fees over the loan term. I also added the following: Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations, lenders have a legal obligation to conduct thorough affordability assessments and ensure that loan agreements are suitable for borrowers' circumstances. I hereby request that your institution: 1: Conduct a full investigation into my claim of irresponsible lending. 2: Provide me with copies of all documentation related to the loan application and approval process, including affordability assessments, credit checks, and correspondence. 3: Cease all collection activities related to the loan until this matter is resolved. Yesterday i received the attached reply via email and it included: 1: The Original Loan agreement 2: An account statement 3: A copy of a default notice letter. The email included a link for a direct debit set up page where you enter their reference and your bank account details (looks like a standard D/D set up page) but there is nothing to indicate the amount of the D/D that I might be agreeing to. I also think two days response time is not long enough to appropriately reply. Any thoughts appreciated   Email-compressed.pdf
    • Easy to set one up on Gov.uk , search on Google.
    • Hi London  he doesn’t have government gateway. Should we do it via post?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wannagethelp vrs Lloyds ***WON***

wannagethelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Patsy

Yes the martin lewis one is just as good if you are only adding 8% interest under S.69 County Courts Act 1984.the only difference is that the spread sheets on here contain a little more info such as your name, the banks name, your account number and alittle more detail about the charges etc thats the only real difference .

i guess the reason you cant open the spread sheets on here is you probably dont have the software installed on your pc. do you have microsoft excel on your pc?

regards

paul

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ,,,,,sorry I dropped off and couldn't seem to get back,,,,lost my password and somehow managed to get myself totally shut out of my own laptop,,,,,,:rolleyes: ......see how smart I am.....? Back now and have gone online to money thingy and did my claim last night.......was flustered and sweating buckets but managed it .(I think).......so what now,,,,do I have to wait 5 days for them to serve and then another 14 days for them to respond?.......just wanted to also say a big thank you to everyone that has helped me.....I'm extremely skint and if this works I will surely donate to this site,,,,,its been really supportive......hey,,,,do I have to inform the site I have put in a claim now:?:

Glad to be back

Patsy

Hi

If you send a Private Message to a Moderator (green coloured names) telling them your claim number, amount etc and they will put it in the Litigation thread.

Yes once the claim is served, they have then 14 days to acknowledge, if you keep checking on Moneyclaim it will tell you when this has happened.

If you haven't sent a copy of your Schedule to Moneyclaim, you should do the following:

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

And once Lloyds acknowledge, send a copy of your schedule to the Solicitors.

Barty:-)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi Barty,,,,,thanks for your quick reply,,,,,,,I hadn't done that.....? I have just typed up the letter but need to ask, I have a list of my charges, statement pages and dates charges taken......is that what you mean.....is that adequate if I put the claim no. etc on the top of the page....?

Its me again.............Barty,,,,,,the list is just a plain A4 page with statement page numbers (not actual statements),,,amount of charge and date charge was taken..........do I have to make another list (making a total of 4 columns on the page) of the interest and put that on.....? Including claimant no. etc.....Sorry to sound thick but I am.......

Hi

Did you fill in one of the spreadsheets with your charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

That is the schedule you need to send.

Barty:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

Hi.......nope,,,,tried that one but haven't got the software to support it........is it ok to use the Martin Lewis one and print that off and attach to the letter to Money Claim Online.....? I can access that one but not sure if its ok to do that.......help....feel I sinking fast........:o

Hi

As long as it as all the details on, it should be fine. Date, type of charge, amount. I couldn't do the excel spreadsheets, but I downloaded the Open office ones no problem.

Hi Patsy,

I felt I had to get in touch and hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread!

I'm also new to this and am just about to send my letter back claiming charges and interest. As such I am not really in a position to give you advice, more encouragement if you like! Don't let yourself be intimidated by this process. I too am finding it a little daunting and am by no means a whizz on the computer but I'm taking my time and reading as much as I can and following all the advice in the site. Try to believe in yourself and see this as your right to claim back money that has been wrongfully taken from you and see this as your first step to taking your power back if you like.

Make sure you read and then reread everything and remember to be confident and know that you have as good a chance as the rest of us to recover these charges. If you panic and don't believe in yourself you may miss things.

Go for it girl!!!

Hi dgmge,,,,,,,,,yes is is daunting and very scary but I do appreciate your support :) ,,,,,,,,only thing is now I think I've messed up...........the total charges are correct but have claimed on online money claim for interest with £2.pences,,,,different from what it actually is,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh my ,,,,,,,,what do I do,,,,,,,,,shall I just send a list of charges and dates and then just put 'interest £xxx.xx so it all stays the same ,,,,,,,its only a couple of quid but dont want to have to start all over.........so stressed:confused:

Helppppppppp anyone?????????

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Can you say how much your claim is wrong by? Perhaps with fewer commas! It's very difficult to read what the problem is.

Hi mo3b,,,,,,,,sorry for the confusion. The interest is wrong by £2.05. I'm in a real state,,,,,,have to send the schedule off to be attached to the moneyclaim and don't know what to do now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:(

By the way I followed your thread,,,,,,,I can empathise completely, I've been there, single mum myself.

oh my,,,,,,,another blonde day in Essex, ha ha. :p Of course the total amount of interest calculated would differ.....the early calculation was from ages ago, so the amount would have risen slightly, tut. Well, have just answered my own question.

So far,

1. sent initial letter

2. sent lba

3. completed online moneyclaim

4. sent list of charges and interest to moneyclaim to attach to my claim

Now do I just wait?

Apologies for the confusion to anyone reading this thread, my only excuse is I'm really skint and stressed.

Hi

Right now you have to wait for them to acknowledge your claim, they have 14 days from when the claim is served to do this. The claim is served about 5 days after you do it on Moneyclaim. Once they have acknowledged, they have 28 days from when the claim is served to enter a defence. The usually enter a defence towards the end of the 28 days.

Please try not to get stressed out by all this, you are doing a good job, and you will soon have your money back.:)

Hello Barty,

Thanks for the response and encouragement,,,,,,is greatly appreciated,,,,,,,I read a lot of the cases on here and it does give me hope but I seem to not be able to absorb the information,,,,,,,think its because I'm in a sorry situation at the moment and can only get worse if I've messed anything up and miss out.........I did eventually just + interest of £xx.xx at the end of my list of charges so as to not complicate matters with totals that differ........hope that's adequate.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

:) (that's a very strained smile by the way)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Hi mo3b,,,,,,,,sorry for the confusion. The interest is wrong by £2.05. I'm in a real state,,,,,,have to send the schedule off to be attached to the moneyclaim and don't know what to do now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:(

By the way I followed your thread,,,,,,,I can empathise completely, I've been there, single mum myself.

Erm ok good, but I'm not a single Mum!

Hello,

Can anybody help,,,,,

I did my online moneyclaim Friday night and sent my list of charges + interest Monday special delivery to arrive no later than Tuesday by 1pm. I was happy with that then today I have received a letter from the court saying they have sent the claim Monday by first class post but they would not have received my additional letter and charges list to attach to my moneyclaim before they sent the claim to Lloyds........has that messed anything up?

It also says it will be deemed served on 3rd March and the defendant has until the 17 March to reply, which I suppose they will and reply to defend it eh?

Also, had an email to say in April the banks will probably agree a lower rate of charges, will that affect my claim do you think?

Hello,

Can anybody help,,,,,

I did my online moneyclaim Friday night and sent my list of charges + interest Monday special delivery to arrive no later than Tuesday by 1pm. I was happy with that then today I have received a letter from the court saying they have sent the claim Monday by first class post but they would not have received my additional letter and charges list to attach to my moneyclaim before they sent the claim to Lloyds........has that messed anything up? You can send a copy to Lloyd's solicitors when they acknowledge, so no problem

It also says it will be deemed served on 3rd March and the defendant has until the 17 March to reply, which I suppose they will and reply to defend it eh? Yes they will

Also, had an email to say in April the banks will probably agree a lower rate of charges, will that affect my claim do you think? I don't think so

Thanks for the response Barty,

I'll just wait then for the acknowledgement then send them off.

Hey, this news about the banks coming to an agreement to make charges less, does it mean that everyone after March will get less of their money back? Or will it mean that anyone putting in a claim against a bank will get all their charges back if they have claimed before the decision? I'm confused about that one, any ideas?

Hello again,,,,,I have today received an acknowledgement, it says ltsb are going to defend all of it (my claim),,,,,,as expected. So, do I now send the list of charges to their solicitors does anyone know....? Do I just post it off with the claim no from moneyclaim and ask that they attach to the claim papers...?

Another thing I wanted to ask, I sent the list of charges to moneyclaim but it didn't actually say what the charges were for, just the statement no., the charge and date it was taken, then added the interest at 8%. Is that ok?

Also,,,,,do I just wait now or do I need to make any phone calls or contact court for a date or anything.....phew,,,I'm getting a bit frazzled and panicky now so trying to keep calm and focused.

Thanks anyone.