cmawp vs Abbey

cmawp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all other like-minded people on here!

This is my first post after reading through various areas of the site and I think I'm ready to start. I'm about to send my preliminary letter as per the one in the library - no need for the data request letter because I've kept my statements and I'm happy that they're complete.

The only thing I've not succeeded in finding so far has been an address to send my correspondance to. Milton Keynes is all I seem to have found so far in the forum!

Any help on where to send my preliminary letter would be greatly appreciated.

For my background, I'm only claiming £170 but this money was taken from me when I was a jobless student in my final year at university. Prior to my final year, I used to work 12hrs a week in a supermarket for my social money. I set up a DD for £4.50 a month to pay for medical insurance ([problem]) and I forgot about it in my final year, which is where the charges come from. They way I look at this now is that the £170 was a months earnings after tax and if I compare that to my salary now, although I've not got a lot to gloat about, it'd be four figures.

This is all about principal and the fact that Abbey would not stop the DD for me. My account is now closed and all I have with Abbey is a savings account with £0 in it, so they're not going to scare me with any of their usual tactics.

Can anyone confirm whether the following is the best address to send my preliminary letter of request:

Abbey National PLC

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regents Place,

London,

NW1 3AN

Is there a dept. that I could add on to this so that it might get to the right person?

Hi cmawp,

I used the Triton House address three weeks ago for my Prelim, but the reply to it came from MK........"you pays your money and takes your choice" it would seem.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi,

All correspondence should be sent to the headquarters - Triton Square address.

Hope this helps.

Nutty x

;) If I helped, then please click my scales ;)

My advice is only my opinion...

Please read the

FAQ's

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Abbey - £1600 - WON!!

• 2 weeks later...

I received a standard reply today ie.:

'Thanks for contacting us, we're sorry to hear that you're not happy.... here is a leaflet detailing our complaints procedure....we'll get back to you in 4 weeks'

Yeah right! No Gesture Of Good Will (GOGW) either.

The Preliminary Request deadline is 1pm on 13th Feb, so I'll draft up my Letter Before Action (LBA) over the weekend and have it ready to send on the 14th, recorded delivery.

There don't seem to be any problems sending to the Milton Keynes Address as opposed to the Triton House one. Either one seems to work.

I got the same reply, I sent my LBA on 13th Feb, so i'll see what happens. My reply to the Prelim letter came from Milton Keynes so I sent the LBA to that address.

There really needs to be a stick with where to post. It seems common knowledge that Data requests are to MK but for other correspondance I haven't seen a consensus.

I agree there c-m; a sticky with where to send when you first letter would be an excellent addition to the site. Everything has been easy to find so far except for a definitive 'where to send' for the prelim and following correspondence, although common sense would suggest to reply to the address and person on the letter that you receive.

I sent my LBA on 14th Feb to Andrew Stanton at the Milton Keynes address. I've drafted up a 'rejection of settlement' letter in case they try to settle for a lesser amount than I'm pursuing for. I'll accept their offer but pursue for the rest etc.

Just pulling together the information I need for my N1 so that I'm ready to go, should Abbey not settle after my LBA but I have a quick question regarding the Value:

The following is quoted from the "N1 - Particulars of Claim" that Bankfodder has created:

Charges £170.00

Overdraft Interest £0

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £19.25

Court Fee £30.00

TOTAL £ 219.25

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day {(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day) }OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

I'm pretty sure I understand the charges, overdraft interest, s.69 CCA 1984 and the court fee that apply to me. What I'm not so sure about is the last sentence; how do I perform the calculation in red, using my figures (in blue) from above?

hi I am really all confused about the whole matter, I have worked out my overall charges with the interest with the online calculator and I am trying to do the spreadsheets and I just can not work them out and I am getting really frustrated. I had £655.50 charges with £213.29 interest. I have also sent the letter of letter before action & received 2 letters that they are investigating my complain, I feel as if I am not gettin any where with this I have follow all the right procedures but I feel as if they are winning and I feel that if I ask you too many questions you might think I am silly.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :o :eek: PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!

you really need to read the FAQ's and other people's post's.

Don't worry I have felt the same as you but you will find the more you read the more you will see what they are doing to you is exactly the same as other people.

From what I have read on here I don't think you are being treated any differently than any one else, just remember they are just standard letters they send out to everyone, the idea is to make you feel like you are now and you will give up and they win!!!

Hang in there and read as many post's from other people as you can you will soon see the paterns