• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

claim against TSB ** WON **

welly59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I'd just like to say thanks for the advice on this forum.

I've just started a claim against ltsb - just under £5000.

I really have no problems starting the claim and my circumstances speak for itself.

We were living mostlly on my wives wages and she suffered a mild heart attack this year and was off work for several months. As she was employed by an agency she had very little in the way of sickness cover.

I had about 10 SO/DDs with my bank and at £35 to miss each one I suffered about £400+ charges a month for a few months.

As you can imagine this has led to extreem difficulties and an overdraft of £1000's.

Now I've gone back over the past 5 years and will aim to claim back the charges from LTSB. No, we have no pity for them.

My mortgage is with GMAC who took me to court for a repossession, I thought it with the assistance of the court duty solicitor provided by a local housing association. She was very good! If you haev one available when going to court for housing I suggest you use them.

GMAC are charging me £50 per month while I am in arrears. This is more than I am able to pay of the arrears each month so unless I can pay off a couple of grand then I will never get the arrears down.

Anyway, my wife is much better and I'm looking for £5k from the bank.

Hi and Welcome!:)

You seem to have everything under control. I'm sorry to hear of your problems, but glad your wife is better now.

Good luck, and keep us informed on how you are doing:)

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 1 month later...

just recieved, this morning: Notice of Transfer of Proceedings to Swansea CC; Allocation Questionaire (No. N150); Copy of TSB defense (N9B)

It seems I have to complete the Allocation Questionaire (No. N150);

and return it. Any tips for this section?

How long does the matter take to conclusion from this stage?

thanks

Hi

Have a look a the following couple of links to help you with your AQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

How long does it take to conclude from this stage? It varies, could be a week, could be months, sorry no definate answer.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this development:

My claim was issued in Swansea CC and I recieved notice that it has been transfered to Cardiff. When I called the Swansea court I was told that all these cases were now being transfered so that one judge could deal witt them all.

This morning I have recieved a "General Form of Judgement or Order" it is form N24. This is what it says:

Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to this order, you must make and application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDER THAT

1. Directions will be given in this case by the Designated Civil Judge, His Honour Judge G Hickinbottom, on the 14th August at ... the court address

2. The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the court and the other side at least 7 working adys prior tothe hearing.

What does it mean and what do I do now?

many thanks

• 3 months later...

Amazing letter this morning, my case which was transfered from Swansea to Cardiff was due for a hearing on 14the August. The letter, frm TSB lawyers, states that they have refunded my money in full, including costs and interest. They also asked me to phone the court to cancel the hearing.

Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Well I called the court and they said that all the cases have been stayed untill after the January High Court hearing.

Well I'm chuffed! The case has been stayed for a while now, and yet the bank still payed up.

GMAC are next in my sights. Can anyone adivise me about arrears charges with GMAC? Can I reclaim?

Thnaks

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Don't forget to fill out the survey

:-) A donation would help us to help others :-)

Enjoy your payout!

Yes you can reclaim arrears fees from Gmac. Its not easy but it can be done. Have a look through the mortgage forum and start a thread.

Amazing letter this morning, my case which was transfered from Swansea to Cardiff was due for a hearing on 14the August. The letter, frm TSB lawyers, states that they have refunded my money in full, including costs and interest. They also asked me to phone the court to cancel the hearing.

Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Well I called the court and they said that all the cases have been stayed untill after the January High Court hearing.

Well I'm chuffed! The case has been stayed for a while now, and yet the bank still payed up.

GMAC are next in my sights. Can anyone adivise me about arrears charges with GMAC? Can I reclaim?

Thnaks

Many congrats - was the letter dated after last weeks announcement?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

A question that im sure has been answered allover the forum. So what do we do now where we are at the court stage, do we still submit or hold off now? Are lloyds putting all claims on hold or are they still paying out?

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

A question that im sure has been answered allover the forum. So what do we do now where we are at the court stage, do we still submit or hold off now? Are lloyds putting all claims on hold or are they still paying out?

Hi

It's business as usual at the moment, so submit. It's not up to Lloyds whether they put the claims on hold, it is up to the Judge at the court.

• 4 weeks later...

--funny thing: the cheque and letter was dated the day after the decision about the January hearing! I must have slipped through the net at the last moment, I feel like the "one who got away."

A few days later I had a letter from the court telling about the stay of all cases in Cardiff.

I'm after GMAC no and a few others.

thanks for the help from CAG

Well done and big congratulations.

A win will give others the incentive to carry on with the big fight.

It has also given you the fighting spirit to go for another claim!!

Good luck

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!