eddie

eddiem
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have just joined this group after being told about it by someone online.

My situation is that due to various reasons over the last twenty years my credit record has been very poor. I have things registered with the credit reference agencies that stop me getting credit from most companies.

However the main reason I am writing this email is with reference to my banking with Lloyds TSB over the last ten years. During this time I reckon I have been charged somewhere in the region of £10,000 in various bank charges. Most of this consists of a series of £30 charges for returned direct debits, some of which were for amounts under £10 and then further charges of £30 when the charges incurred made me go over my agreed overdraft limit. They also used to chrge me for returned direct debits even if I had paid the cash into the bank on the same day. I stopped using Lloyds about six months ago and am now currently with NatWest. During the last six months Lloyds have added almost £1000 in charges, mainly because there are two companies that are being paid via debit card regular payments and then the bank charges on top. They are now about to issue legal proceedings against me.

What I would like to know is what is the possibility of reclaiming all or some of these charges back and details of how to go about it. All you help in this matter wouldbe greatly appreciated. I look forward to your replies.

Eddie

PS I do have most of my statements for the last five years.

Welcome.

What you have to do first and foremost is spend some time in here. You need to read and absorb the FAQs. You need to read the forum material to get a feel on how it all works.

Then, and only then, you can reclaim an awful lot of charges. But you need to know what you're doing.

You mention debit card regular payments. Who, and what for? Can you not change payments to a standing order, where you take take control of when to pay? That would stop the charges adding on and on, for starters.

Who's issuing proceedings, Lloyds or the people you're paying as above?

Re the debit card regular payments, there are two and they are still being paid by Lloyds even though I have asked both Lloyds and the claimants to cancel them. They are Sky and AOL subscriptions. £42 and £5.99. They are currently still paying these and adding 2 x £30 monthly charges for increasing the amount of the unauthorised overdraft. The legal action is being threatened by solicitors acting on behalf of Lloyds TSB. Hope this makes my case more clear.

Eddie

Have you got any evidence that Lloyds refused to cancel a payment.

This would give you an extremely strong case and also probably open many other avenues to get recompence from the bank.

I suppose I don't have any evidence of this apart from telephone conversations with the Lloyds TSB help centre where they said it was not possible for them to cancel these payments whether they wanted to or not. They said that the only way they could be stopped is by arrangement between the Debitors (Sky and AOL) and myself.

I have had no contact with Lloyds over the last few months and recently have received two letters and about three phone calls from their solicitors which all have been ignored by myself.

They still send me monthly statements with the two debits £42 and £6.99 plus a total of 2 x £30 charges so my arrears with them is increasing at the rate of around £100 per month.

I don't know whether to leave this untill they may take me to court or proceed with trying to reclaim some of the massive amount of costs they have charged me over the last few years.

Thanks Eddie

Erm, if you wrote to the two companie then they would be obliged to cancel them/transfer them to whichever account you request. I'm pretty sure you've been told rubbish and Lloyds could cancel them pretty easily. I was made redundent a couple of years ago, and was not paid the wages I thought I had coming. When I rushed into lloyds they managed to cancel all my direct debits so that they wouldn't bounce (you have to tell them a few days before it is due to go through, mind.)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."- Margret Mead

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks