• Tweets

• OK, good. So click on  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-dec-2021/ Scroll down to  Q2) How should I defend? There you will find the template defence. Change (6) to (7) and add a new (6). 6.  In a second abuse of process, the Claimant is claiming legal representative's costs even though they have no legal representative and in fact are representing themselves. When you want file the defence on MCOL. You can do it this evening if you want, but we generally say to do it a few days before the deadline (24 May) to ensure nothing goes wrong at the last minute but at the same time to show PE you're not scared of them and want them to sweat.
    • I hope I'm wrong but this seems to suggest you've been had. The site operator strikes a deal with the car park owner but then suddenly can't get hold of him/her.  Really?  In a whole year?  In a world of smartphones/SMS/WhatsApp/e-mail? Anyway, please comment on the points LFI & I have made. 
    • Just to check one thing before filing the defence. They have no legal representative - right? I'm referring to the two "boxes" on the top left-hand side of the claim form.  Both show Parking Eye, right?
    • Your case is not looking too good at this stage. Not helped by the car park not appearing on Google Street view.  Interesting that UKPC seem to think that Walcot Yard is off Walcot Road when it is off Walcot Street. Part of Walcot Yard has the postcode BA1 5DW which is a building called North Range. You would have to find out where in Bath they would know the specific post code for the car park there since if it were the 5DW ending you may be able to claim that you weren't in BA1 5BG Walcot yard, Walcot Road, but BA1 5DW Walcot yard, Walcot Street.  But probably the main help would come from the site manager. A  written statement from him explaining the informal situation with the land owner or better still  finding out who the land owner is  and contacting them might help. though getting UKPC to cancel at this late stage will be next to impossible. I see they are trying to scam you out of £70 or is £60? 1. £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages. Amount Claimed ~170 Either way in this case the Judge threw out the whole case-please read it and understand it as you may be questioned on   G4QZ465V EXCEL V WILKINSON. Also please write to UKPC asking if the £60  charge includes vat and if it does, does it include vat and why should you be paying their vat. And what are the damages you caused? There may be other arguments you can raise when you receive their WS though they are often sent late to make it difficult to add to your WS. Time is of the essence though for some of the items above. their is no speed limit, now will do. 🙂
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bigjohnk v RBOS ***SETTLED IN FULL***

bigjohnk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got all my statements from RBOS (actually I recieved them a couple of months ago but I've been working away & this is the first chance I had to go through them!)

I have one question regarding something on my statement though.

There is a charge shown that says for example:

"Chg to 29Sep A/C ******** £9.00".

I assume this to be a normal account charge which I can't claim back, this amount does however vary & I guess it is due to the number of transaction in a particular month.

There is however a "referral charge" that keeps appearing, this too varies each time it appears. Any ideas what it is for & can I claim it back?

The referral charge doesn't appear every month & varies from £20 to £60.

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

I think it must be an admin fee as it appeared every month, although it was sometimes for as much as £30, I think it must have been related to how many transactions we made in that particular month.

Now for my next question! I've added up the total charges, so I now send the letter asking for my money back. Do I claim the total charges or a percentage?

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

I'm just starting out on this myself. But my understanding is, send the letter with your schedule of charges now. Leave off any interest. That will be for, and if, it goes to court.

Go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html to see how Vampiress has put together a few handy spreadsheets. You do need to register with Google to access them. I'll need to PM Vamp to ask her if it's OK to host them somewhere more accessible, as some people don't want to or have difficulty registering.

Seahorse

I've just finished going through my statements, now to do the schedule of charges, which, am I correct in assuming it's just a list of the date & amount of each charge?

I've just noticed I got a charge for a "default notice fee" of £30 in 2004, anyone know how long this default notice lasts for?

John

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

Well the ball is well & truly rolling now!!

Sent off claim letter yesterday (recorded delivery) so it should be there by now!!

14 days & counting!

RBOS - Settled in Full

You need to check if the default is on your credit file. If it is, I believe it can stay there for 6 years. I've just had a call from my missus. Apparently RBoS have become confused with my simple request to change the date of our loan D/D and have defaulted us for non payment this month. Of course it must be our fault, but only because we believed that our request was so simple it shouldn't have been beyond their intellect to comprehend what we were asking. But since they failed in their task in November to carry out the same request, I should really have seen that one coming.

Good Luck with your fight. I'm starting to see red now, so all I can wish on them is nastiness.

Seahorse

Things are going slowly, just been on the PO website to check the tracking record of my letter......."your item is being processed but we have not recieved confirmation of delivery"....it was sent 1st class, recorded with the option to have it signed for, on the 29th of Jan.

Just phoned the confirmation line....same message, but with the addition that "recorded delivery is not guaranteed delivery"!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

RBOS - Settled in Full

I found that it takes a day or 2 after delivery for the tracking to show up in the system. You'll probably find it there on Monday (assuming they all down tools for the weekend)

This time next week I should be home and able to start my spreadsheet. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Seahorse

I've not used a spreadsheet, I went for the simple option, add up the charges, itemise each one & send that!!!

To be honest I'll be glad to get anything out of them!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

Hmm. Being a lazy kinda person, I just like to type numbers into boxes and let the computer do all the work. ;) THAT's what I call the simple option. How did we ever get along with Excel??? Mind you, computers being the simple option for the banks too, as they are, is I suppose, the whole reason why their charges are so out of sync with their actual costs.

Seahorse

Still don't know if RBOS have recieved my letter as the tracking system still has the same message as Saturday!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

Hi John, just been reading up on your thread, will get my hubby to look into this about royal mail, he works for a big company that deals with royal mail and is in charge off all the mail that goes in and out of the building ect and knows how all the sytems work.

Will try and get on the internet tommorow lunch and post ya a reply or different contact number.... I know it doesnt take this long:confused:

Good Luck with your claim

Hi john, I'm in the same boat, sent my prelim letter on the 30th of Jan, 1st class recorded delivery and still no info on the web, I just rang them and they said the same, no info and not guaranteed !

How long do you think we leave it before we send again ?

Jon

As I understand it Recorded Delivery can be worse than useless because the PO quite often doesnt bother to get sigs from big companies...especially if its a mail-bag drop.

Bigjohn - Unless you're a seriously mathematical person you really should spend some time getting to grips with one of the spreadsheets as it makes the interest calculations a doddle - it does them for you.

I think you can safely say that if you've posted it and have proof (that's easy cos you still have the stub stamped at the PO), you can start the clock ticking 2 days after posting regardless. They'll have got your letter all right. Whether they like it or not, they can't just say it's lost in the system.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Seahorse

Do you think it's worth ringing the bank to see if they have recieved it?

If they say no then I'll send it special delivery & if they say yes I'll remind them they have until next Wednesday to reply!!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you regarding this, just in the process of selling and buying a house :p

right had a word with hubby and he says that they will have recived it, if you want to go to the royal mail website with your recorded number you can do a track and trace it should then have a digital signiture or say that it has been delivered. Untill you know this the days are still ticking for them!

heres a link - http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track;jsessionid=ZHDLCSPKK2SLWFB2IGEUNZQUHRAYUQ2K?catId=22700601&gear=authentication

Hope this helps, least you dont have to listen to a voice recording now :)

If I have been off any help, Please feel free to click my scales :razz:

• Haha 2

Thanks for the info Loki I tried the site but got exactly the same as the other one.

Strange thing is I got a letter for RBOS today telling me that if I continued to pay into the account at the agreed amount no further action would be taken!!!!

Basically what happened was........a long time ago in a ga....sorry I don't know what happened then....a couple of years ago I got a letter from the RBOS telling me they no longer wanted my business & my O/D would have to be paid off, I managed to get them to agree to let me pay it off in instalments, which is what I did & it was paid off in December last year.

The amounts on the letter didn't tally so I managed to find my old internet banking login & checked my balance .......lo & behold not in the red actually over £100 in credit, quick phone call to direct banking & it's transfered to my current bank account.

Going to call the branch tomorrow & find out whats going on!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

Just checked the Royal mail website again & still no confirmation of delivery.

I tried calling my branch on Friday, but no one answered the phone!!!!!:mad:

RBOS - Settled in Full

I finally got through to my branch today & spoke to a very nice man who said he would check to see if my letter had been received.

He called back about an hour later.

"Sorry sir but we don't appear to have any record of your letter, was it addressed to a specific member of staff?"

"No, it was addressed to the Customer Service Manager!"

"In that case it would have been forwarded to our regional head office."

I really don't think they have actually received my letter as the postal service in my neck of the woods is notoriously bad.....I know for a fact that the local main sorting office has a sign on the door saying "Welcome to the Bermuda Triangle!!"

About a month ago I posted 6 letters all at the same time & 4 of them never arrived!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

I'm going to send all the info again, but this time by special delivery.

My question is do I send it to the manager of my branch or somewhere else?

RBOS - Settled in Full

Hmmm....I think I'll send mine to the same place.......even though it's a freepost address I'm still going to send it special delivery.....just to make sure it arrives & I have proof of it!

RBOS - Settled in Full