Urgent Ccj Help

cjcarno
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI i am new to this but seems like you guys can help

i have checked my credit file recently and too my astonishment i have a ccj from yorkshire water for £200 at my old address. i haven't received any letters regarding this or any correspondance so am paniking like mad.

how can i get this resolved and what are the best steps for doing this. i am just about to start looking for a mortgage so obviously need this off my credit file if poss.

please help if you can!!!!!!

Did you pay the account in full when you moved? Did you notify them of your change of address. If the answer to either question is yes then you may be able to get the judgement set aside.

If the CCJ is valid the best you can do is to pay the debt and have it marked as satisfied on your credit file. You can also have an explanatory note added to the record.

In reality if the rest of your credit is good a single small CCJ won't stop you getting a mortgage at a reasonable rate.

I notified them of my change of address as i have an account with them at new address. i have not recieved any letters regarding court summons etc. due to this i thought i had case for set aside??!!

do i contact yorkshire water to pay this as i am not aware of paying this as of yet or do i write a letter to them explaining the situation and asking them to set aside

thanks

In the first instance you would be best off writing to them and asking them for a statement of the old account and why they didn't write to you at your new address when they had it. You could simply send them a cheque but I'd be inclined to wait for the statement and then send them a letter saying that there had obviously been some confusion, offering them payment and asking them to agree to set the judgement aside.

I've no idea how they respond. If it's positive then good. If they refuse the set aside then I'd write a second harsher letter stating that you will make an application to the court for the set aside but pay the bill (not their court costs etc).

You could achieve all this with a telephone call but either record it or follow it up in writing.

is there any special format the letter should take or specific info needed to be included.

What is the process of getting ccj set aside, any special forms etc

thanks for your help so far

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 12 How To Set Aside A Judgment In The County Court

all you need :)

good luck!

Hi guys

I have an email from yorkshire water customer relations manager saying

"you must apply to Northampton County Court for the judgment to be set aside and Yorkshire Water will not object."

Is this good enought to get it set aside or do i need a more formal letter from them

Thanks for all your help, i think this is looking good