Can Anyone Check Im doin ok Please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evenin All!! :cool:

Im just startin this wonderful procedure! Sent prelim letter (without any interest of any kind added) on 4th Jan (recieved 5th recorded) had a letter back from my Bank Manager saying she has forwarded it to the complaints Manager, Firstly, does my first 14 prelim days start from the date I mailed it or the date they recieved it??

Second can anyone have a quick look at my speadsheet interest @8% or should I not post it on here?

Any help would be grateful

Bilko

Hey Vic,

Yeh I know not to add the 8% till the end speadsheets that go with the court docs only but im just playing about with them just to see if im doin it right, Its all a bit confusing to say the least to start with! lol

Advice to any newcomers is to READ READ READ, make sure you know what you're doing before you start as mistakes just delay your claim.

I noted the comment about sending the prelim letter to your local branch, that will have delayed it getting to the right department. Everything on this site says to send this direct to their head office, then it can't get lost in the internal system - which isn't even internal mail any more, it's all scanned into their computer system by a third-party company.

The 14 days are from the date they should have received it, taken to be 2 days after posting normally.

If you've read the instructions for the spreadsheet then you'll see that it calculates the 8% for you as you enter transactions. Don't worry about this until you reach court stage.

Use the time between now and the next step to read even more, there's so much on this site that is there to help you, as well as other people's stories - where they've no doubt asked the same questions themselves.

Although you'll find a lot of people willing to help, it's better to help yourself to start with. By the time you reach the next stage you should know exactly what you need to do, and have the confidence to do it.

• Confused 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi Hillards, Thanks for your post, Unfortunatly I mailed my prelim letter before I even set eyes on this site I was using the BBC site and going by there advice re; BBC NEWS | Business | How to claim back penalty charges on there it says to mail it to your branch.

I think im gona stick with this one from now on mate.

Thanks again

B

Hiya Bilko5

Your right to stick with this site, the help is amazing, & the amount of people winning from this site must be 100%. anytime you get stuck or you are not sure, just ask for some advice, & like Hillards says Read read read, this will give you a better understanding on how to go about your claim, always remember the more you read the more you learn,

Good Luck (not that you will need it)

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Cheers guys, This seems to be the case 9 times out of 10 where they have lost the first lettter internally or lost it in wrong dept...

Bin on a mission big time today lookin thru threads etc.. Thanks for your help again all.

Bilko,

Keep the faith and read, read, read the FAQs & Ste by Step instructions.

I'm at the same stage as you - they have my prelim (with 'interest debited - notified last month' added to the spreadsheet - this is no the 8% APR). It will be interesting to compare notes and see whether we are treated in a similar way..:eek:

Doubtful - they don't seem to have any set procedures othe than pay up without going to court :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it.

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.