Unusual one, can anyone help? (a bit long)

Katy77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I usually reside on the Lloyds TSB forum along with my other half but I was hoping for a bit of advice on a bit of a long shot regarding HSBC.

About 2 years ago (before we knew about the reclaiming business) my husband received a letter out of the blue from an agency who had been employed by HSBC to collect an outstanding £750 that they said he owed them. The story goes that before we met my husband lived in London for a few years with his ex-girlfriend and got into a bit of financial difficulties, split with her and then returned here to Bristol. He thought that he had tied up all the loose ends but it seems that he missed this one bank account. He had been using his overdraft facility in London on this account and when he moved back to Bristol the charges for exceeding this (because of their interest charges eventually pushing him over the agreeed limit) simply piled up and up, they had been adding charges for about 5 yrs! (they say he was officially in default in Feb '01 even though he wasn't at that address and wasn't served with the notice).

Anyway, we had just had our first child and were already in a bit of money strife so we just had to agree to pay this by monthly installments, (we didn't know that we had any other recource) and we have been paying for these outrageous charges ever since. What has brought this to our attention recently is that my husband needs to apply for a direct learning computer programming course and we needed a credit check to get the money in the form of a deferred loan. We checked Equifax to see what chance he had and his rating was 'very poor!'. I know that there has been a few late payments here and there on his credit card account but the 'very poor' was directly linked to these charges dating back to 2001!

So, we're really ****ed off that not only is my husband's credit rating pretty much nil, but this is all because of unfair charges applied to my husbands account anyway. Apparently it will take 6yrs from the date the full amount is paid back to HSBC before his rating will rise again. All because of their unfair charges. They are effectively keeping us on the bread line until it's cleared, and with us having two toddlers and living in rented it's a really depressing prospect.

Anyway, I know this is long but do any of you think that we have any leg to stand on with regards to clearing this 'debt' or even restoring his credit rating??

Many thanks in advance,

katy

Although think its long its still a straight forward case and you need to start at the beginning and go through all the same processes as everyone adding the pieces specifically about default notices in the letters ,[so your claim is for money and action [removal of default]

you need your statement s for the last 6 years which you can make a sar for from hsbc with your husbands consent and you can claim back the charges and interest at the rate that was agreed by both the bank and you ie you can charge them 29% !

start straight away keep notes ,copies,send it all recorded del etc

good luck neil

Send an SAR to HSBC and claim the charges back. Just like you are doing with Lloyds

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358