Nikki v HSBC

nikki198003
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I've finally plucked up the courage and my DPA letter is waiting to be posted 1st thing tomorrow!!

I've added up the charges roughly and it comes to about £1000 ( between 2 accounts):-x

If I'm honest, I'm really nervous about starting this journey, but it's my money they've taken, so here I go

Nikki

Quite right too!

Welcome, and well done. Quell your nerves by imagining what you'll do with the money you thought you had lost for ever! :D

Keep us posted. Use the waiting time by keeping on reading the forum!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE.................

I received a letter yesterday offering £1270 of the £1500 I requested.Looking around the boards this looks to be a pretty good ( but not good enough!) offer, as a lot of the time they have just offered half.

I intend to accept this offer, and pursue the rest.

Is there a template ( or example letter) of accepting their offer but informing them I'm going after the rest?

there isnt a template as such , however many have been in the same situation as you and have come up with something like this:

courtesy of livingforever :D

Dear Mr Beaumont,

I refer to your letter of 1st June 2006 offering a figure in the sum of £xxxx in relation to the charges levied against our account.

We accept this offer as part payment in relation to this claim and would ask that the remaining £xxxx be refunded to the account in question within 7 days to avoid further action.

This remaining £xxxx is comprised of the remainder of the initial charges of £xxxx, plus £xxxx charges levied on our account on 29th May 2006 despite our request in our previous letter of 19th of May for these to be cancelled.

Yours sincerely,

this should be ok if you modify it for your needs :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

personally , i think that just sending the letter would be sufficient , it also eliminates any error which they could misinterperate, however others have sent both, if you do send both, make sure you put a line through the offending text and initial it aswell

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks