Lucy v HSBC - help please

lucykirk2003
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Thank you to all who post great advice on here.

Perhaps you can help. I'm claiming £1804 from HSBC and have claimed via MCOL. I'm 6 days past the service date.

HSBC/DG have said they'll defend the whole claim. I've faxed a copy of my schedule to DG.

I am getting so worried about having to go to an actual court to fight this. Please can you tell me how likely this is?

Also I've noticed from reading this and other websites that some people claiming more than me are getting offers after the LBA stage yet me and others claiming much less than me are having to file claims that are then going to be defended. Is it pot luck do you think?

Your advice would be really appreciated. I don't want to back down (apart from don't want to lose £120) but I'm getting so scared.

Thank you everyone.

Lu

:) Won the following claims thanks to this site...

£250.00 RBS - after 2nd letter

£140.00 First Direct - after 2nd letter

£393.32 Alliance and Leicester - filed claim on MCOL and they paid up within 2 weeks

£2218.28 HSBC (for hubbie) - filed claim on MCOL and they paid up after 3 weeks

:D nothing more to claim now and O/D and Credit Card paid off with proceeds of claims.

Hi Lucy,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - My claim was for £1748 including MCOL fees + 8% interest. I've also found it strange how different people get different offers - You'd imagine they must have a process when they're dealing with thousands of claims, but it seems pretty opaque!

The good news is that the forums are full of people who have got their money back, and as far as I know no cases have actually been defended inside a court. Stick with it, maybe call D&G to check the fax was received. Mine apparently wasn't, so I resent it.

Good luck, and relax - You'll get the money in the end, it's just a waiting game. :).

Thanks Meff, hopefully we'll get through this unscathed!

Good luck!

£393.32 Alliance and Leicester - filed claim on MCOL and they paid up within 2 weeks

:D nothing more to claim now and O/D and Credit Card paid off with proceeds of claims.

Good Luck to you too. I'm slightly further down the road than you, in that I had my AQ arrive in the post today - D&G's time is up, either pay me or turn up in court. I have a feeling it will be the former though ;)

I found the waiting game got me down a little, but reading through the 'Won' part of the forum can give you an idea of likely timescales. Chasing D&G to ensure they have your breakdown is also a good idea, thanks to the members on the board who advise me to do so :D

Has anyone else any opinions on this? Or does anyone actually know why some people get offers early for larger amounts and others with small amounts have to go the whole way. Is it anything to do with whether HSBC think they'll win, could it be to do with how the account was operated?

Thanks for your support

I think there is no process to HSBC deciding when and who to pay out, I think they have so many claims it is all a bit haphazard.

I received my full offer without even getting to the LBA stages, although granted mine was a smaller claim (£450).

Thanks for your input. I'm not giving in but I am blooming scared that it'll all go wrong and I'll have lost the £120.00 plus £100.00 AQ money. God forbid though as I really don't need that.