Morris Owner vs Nationwide

Morris Owner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I have just received a reply to my first "opening salvo" requesting the details of all charges levied in the last 6 years. I made this request via the secure email facility on the Nationwide Website. To save others time, make the request for a "Subject Access Request" directly to the address as follows:-

Data Protection Officer

BCM

Nationwide Building Society

Kings Park Road

Moulton Park

Northampton

NN3 6NW

One needs also to enclose a £10 cheque or postal order made payable to "Nationwide Corporate Account (insert your name here).

I have a question at this point. As I am requesting details of two different flexaccounts, both in my name, should I send a cheque for £10 each, (£20 total)?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks & good luck to those on the same road to recovery!

M.O.

Hello All

I have just received a reply to my first "opening salvo" requesting the details of all charges levied in the last 6 years. I made this request via the secure email facility on the Nationwide Website. To save others time, make the request for a "Subject Access Request" directly to the address as follows:-

Data Protection Officer

BCM

Kings Park Road

Moulton Park

Northampton

NN3 6NW

One needs also to enclose a £10 cheque or postal order made payable to "Nationwide Corporate Account (insert your name here).

I have a question at this point. As I am requesting details of two different flexaccounts, both in my name, should I send a cheque for £10 each, (£20 total)?

M.O.

TBH

I dealt with two different Accounts from the same branch of the Halifax and when I started the process and right through to the Court stage I kept the two accounts and claims seperate. I used seperate letters and recorded them seperately as I did not want the bank saying they'd had info regarding one account and not the other etc... when it actually came to submitting the Court Claim though as the two did not total more than £5000 I submitted both accounts on the one claim. The choice is yours but make sure that if you are combining them that totally they do not come to more than £5,000 as you will be unable to use the small claims process for this claim.

Good luck hope this helps!

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Thanks for the advice Boo, much appreciated!

MO

My pleasure

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

Can I just clarify that the cheque that is sent to the aforementioned address needs to be made PAYABLE to Nationwide Corporate Account and then for example...John Smith - like follows; NATIONWIDE CORPORATE ACCOUNT JOHN SMITH

??

Can I just clarify that the cheque that is sent to the aforementioned address needs to be made PAYABLE to Nationwide Corporate Account and then for example...John Smith - like follows; NATIONWIDE CORPORATE ACCOUNT JOHN SMITH

??

No it should be made payable to the bank only which in this instance is Nationwide. You are paying Nationwide to provide you with information they hold about you regarding your account etc.

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

No it should be made payable to the bank only which in this instance is Nationwide. You are paying Nationwide to provide you with information they hold about you regarding your account etc.

Boo

That's what I thought! Thanks

I've just re-read the reply from Nationwide. Here are their exact words:-

When completing your Subject Access Request please enclose the fee with the request in the form of either a Cheque or a Postal Order, the payment will only be accepted if made payable to 'Nationwide Corporate Account (your name). The (Your name) would need to be replaced with your name as the account holder, for example 'Nationwide Corporate Account John Smith' would be acceptable. Your request may be returned if this is not completed correctly and this will cause a delay processing your request.

Regards,

Andrew Spencer

Internet Services

It does seem that we have to add our own names for some bizarre reason!

I've just re-read the reply from Nationwide. Here are their exact words:-

When completing your Subject Access Request please enclose the fee with the request in the form of either a Cheque or a Postal Order, the payment will only be accepted if made payable to 'Nationwide Corporate Account (your name). The (Your name) would need to be replaced with your name as the account holder, for example 'Nationwide Corporate Account John Smith' would be acceptable. Your request may be returned if this is not completed correctly and this will cause a delay processing your request.

Regards,

Andrew Spencer

Internet Services

It does seem that we have to add our own names for some bizarre reason!

Apologies if I have misinformed the thread, I should have checked before advising. This is something completely new to me and as that is the case I am taking advise myself so will come back to you when I know more.

Thanks

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Boo you would've been right except it sounds like they've changed things since i made my claim 6 months ago, normally you would only make it payable to 'the nationwide' but if you've been advised by them morris i would do it their way

they're probably aware they'll have to refund it later on anyway so that maybe why you have to put your name on it

by the way when i asked for my sar they didnt ask me for payment!!!

Good luck!

Boo you would've been right except it sounds like they've changed things since i made my claim 6 months ago, normally you would only make it payable to 'the nationwide' but if you've been advised by them morris i would do it their way

they're probably aware they'll have to refund it later on anyway so that maybe why you have to put your name on it

by the way when i asked for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) they didnt ask me for payment!!!

Good luck!

Thanks my little pink fluffy friend ;)

Boo x

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi medicgirl!

??

I recently sent off 2 S.A.R.'s...1 for me and 1 for my B/H

They were both independently sent to DPT @ Northampton by Recorded Delivery.

I had enclosed a £10 P.O. in each, crossed and made payable to NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY

They were signed as received by the same person (B. Russell)

The acknowledgement letters I got back were very similar

...but soooo different!

The one for my B/H (Natalie Luck) just said that she had requested the statements and that she would send them out in due course.

The one for me (Alexander Greenacre) also said that my statements had been requested. However, I was to send a £10 cheque/P.O. made payable to NATIONWIDE CORPORATE ACCOUNT re (my name) before they would be sent out to me!!!

The point being, that if they received my letter, then they received my £10 P.O.

If NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY was sufficient for my B/H's S.A.R. then it's good enough for mine!!!

The 40 days they have to send them aren't up yet.

Methinks that this is yet another misleading hurdle that they (Banks in General) are trying to place in front of us to make the re-claiming process as difficult and stressful as possible!!!

FGS...They are THE Bank when all is said and done!

Do they want us to do their processing as well???

It's up to them what holding account they choose to put our SAR money into before they eventually refund it back to us.

Why should we make it easier for them???

They are the one's that are insisting that we go through hoops in the charade run up. For them to eventually pay our Claims after we have Filed @ Court!!!

Hope this helps?!

Hi medicgirl!

I recently sent off 2 S.A.R.'s...1 for me and 1 for my B/H

They were both independently sent to DPT @ Northampton by Recorded Delivery.

I had enclosed a £10 P.O. in each, crossed and made payable to NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY

They were signed as received by the same person (B. Russell)

The acknowledgement letters I got back were very similar

...but soooo different!

The one for my B/H (Natalie Luck) just said that she had requested the statements and that she would send them out in due course.

The one for me (Alexander Greenacre) also said that my statements had been requested. However, I was to send a £10 cheque/P.O. made payable to NATIONWIDE CORPORATE ACCOUNT re (my name) before they would be sent out to me!!!

The point being, that if they received my letter, then they received my £10 P.O.

If NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY was sufficient for my B/H's S.A.R. then it's good enough for mine!!!

The 40 days they have to send them aren't up yet.

Methinks that this is yet another misleading hurdle that they (Banks in General) are trying to place in front of us to make the re-claiming process as difficult and stressful as possible!!!

FGS...They are THE Bank when all is said and done!

Do they want us to do their processing as well???

It's up to them what holding account they choose to put our S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) money into before they eventually refund it back to us.

Why should we make it easier for them???

They are the one's that are insisting that we go through hoops in the charade run up. For them to eventually pay our Claims after we have Filed @ Court!!!

Hope this helps?!

Just think of the other secenario though (screen goes all blurry and you're whisked away to an alternative universe....)

You walk into your bank after the door person has welcomed you with the red carpet treatment, there is no queue and you get to the counter and the lovliest person in the world says how can I help you today mrmilktrayman, you explain that you have charges and they apologise most profusely, leave the room and self inflict twenty lashes come back in and inform you that all of the money plus the interest and a large debit by way of an apology have all been credited to your account, please once more accept our apology and this will never happen again....... (screen goes blurry again and you're returned to this universe with a slap!)

How boring would that be??????:rolleyes:

At least this way you feel like you've worked for your money and it's justified!!

Boo

• Haha 1

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi All

The clock has now started it's countdown... the SAR letter plus cheque for £10 went off today, recorded delivery naturally. I decided to send just the one cheque and letter for both flexaccounts. So, now it's "wait & see" time!

I must say that I rather like the look of the contractual interest rate... 24.9% being Nationwide's latest unauthorised borrowing rate. I think that I'll plump for that one!

Will keep you all updated with any snippets that might be of use to others!

MO

Hi Morris Owner!

... the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter plus cheque for £10 went off today, recorded delivery naturally. I decided to send just the one cheque and letter for both flexaccounts.

To whom did U eventually decide to make YOUR £10 cheque payable to in the end?

At this stage of the "game" Nationwide are being very helpful and efficient. From my letter posted on 12th January, I have already had a reply advising that they have ordered the complete run of statements that I requested. Can't complain at that at least! :)

MO

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I received a reply to my initial request for refund..... and guess what?!?! The usual fob off!!!!! The LBA followed thereafter, I personalised it slightly, adding that I hoped that they would take the time to reply properly this time..... but this time I received a carbon copy of the original fob-off, albeit signed by a different hand! So, come pay day in goes my claim with the online small claims.

I wonder how long before they realise I am not joking? :D

Hello All

Data Protection Officer

BCM

Kings Park Road

Moulton Park

Northampton

NN3 6NW

M.O.

No one cheque covers all your accounts as long as they arnt joint. Beware though they wont cash the cheque for ages and your 40 days start fromt he date they actually CASH the cheque. Foundt his out today when I chased up my statements via online banking. Online banking wont talk to you about anything to do with your claim by the way.skeggza:p

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Hello skeggs885!

The above advice U gave the OP (#21) is 3 months too late...

FWIW...The 40 days starts from the date when they receive your S.A.R. NOT when they cash your cheque (...if they cash it at all!!!).

The S.A.R covers ALL accounts held by future Claimant.

It is a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST...

NOT an individual account/statement copy request!!!

Seems U have been unreliably informed methinks?!