gailevans v First Direct

gailevans
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent of my first letter to Barclays today, claiming £748. As I have copies of all my bank statements, I dont need to request these, so can go straight onto the first stage - I hope this is correct, as this is what I have read into it!

Can someone please advise me if this isnt correct - and if it is, watch this space!!

Sent this (and my other claims to Barclays and Natwest) by registered post!!

Barclays - claiming £760 - lnitial letter sent 02/05/06

First Direct - claiming £748 - Initial letter sent 02/05/06

Natwest - claiming £1535 - Initial letter sent 02/05/06

Received the usual "we think are charges are fair" letter from Maureen Watson and was told to respond to Robert Kernaghan. LBA will be sent to good old Robert today, recorded post (copy to Maureen) and will wait and see what happens!

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent! Keep us posted!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Hold fire on that previous thought! Read on here it helps our case if we write to the banks after the deadline, remind them and given them another 7 days as a "goodwill gesture" so the date to file my claim is now postponed until 31 May!!

Wish the banks were as thoughtful as us!!!! :p

I wouldn't advise to write to them after the deadline. A deadline is a deadline, simple as.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Hold fire on that previous thought! Read on here it helps our case if we write to the banks after the deadline, remind them and given them another 7 days as a "goodwill gesture" so the date to file my claim is now postponed until 31 May!!

Wish the banks were as thoughtful as us!!!! :p

A little concerned as to where this advice has come from - certainly it is not in the procedure in the FAQ's, and if the bank see that claimants are prepared to allow the deadline to slip, they will see it as a sign of weakness.

Hiya - just spent the last 20 mins trawling back through to see where i saw it!!

Its on the Purplegirluk1 v Abbey thread and its a response from Vampiress.

Any Advice, should I hot foot up to the post office to try and get the letter back? Sent it Recorded (as usual)!

Just had a look at that thread, and the advice was given due to the claimant having not sent a preliminary request for refund. In this case the advise was correct, but normally it is unwise to push back on deadlines.

Okay, I misread the advice then! Oh well, am being too nice to them! Havent heard anything back from First Direct so I suppose if it goes to a court hearing, it will make me look better-ish!

Will stick to the next deadline like glue!!

Had a letter from a new person, Andrew Lea, Head of Banking Services:

"I am sorry that you remain unhappy following a letter dated 10 May 2006 from my colleague, Robert Kerhaghan. However, as this was the banks final response I am unable to add anything further in relation to this matter. As advised, if you remain dissatisfied, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service"

This seems a pretty "final" letter - another stalling/scare tactic? Dont particularly want to log a claim, costing me £80 and lose out.......

I'm 99.99% sure that you won't lose!

Take a look at my thread (link in sig)....

--

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks