Muckley V Barclays

muckley72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

This board has been great - thanks for all the advice recieved so far!

I'll be sending a donation when I win (thats when...not if!

OK here's my story so far-

8/12/06 - Sent letter requesting charges

In the interim opened Cahoot bank account with no problems whatsoever (this is a good one IMO as some accounts require you pay your salary in or a minimum amount per month, but Cahoot don't).

09/1/07 - local branch ring me to say that the statement bundle has arrived but is an inch thick and rather than post in about 10 envelopes would I like to pick it up (the girls in my branch are really nice).

Picking it up on Friday (I'm off anyway)to go through with a fine tooth comb.

Just so happens I'm moving house on Friday so will be a few days until I get my highlighter out!

Good luck everyone.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

OK here's my story so far-

8/12/06 - Sent letter requesting charges

In the interim opened Cahoot bank account with no problems whatsoever (this is a good one IMO as some accounts require you pay your salary in or a minimum amount per month, but Cahoot don't. AND very little hassle if you need to swap direct debits/standing orders).

09/1/07 - local branch ring me to say that the statement bundle has arrived but is an inch thick and rather than post in about 10 envelopes would I like to pick it up (the girls in my branch are really nice).

Picking it up on Friday (I'm off anyway)to go through with a fine tooth comb.

Moved house - yuk!

29/1/07 - sent my letter asking for dosh £1,305.00 exactly.

Playing the waiting game now...BUT in exactly 14 days I'll be on their case again!

Thanks for your advice so far - will make a donation WHEN I win.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Hi all,

I sent my letter off asking for Dosh and I got this letter back:

Barclays Bank

Retail Banking Customer Relations

Leicester

Dear Ms xxxxx.

We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of Service you have received from Barclays. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do so.

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 28th February 3007. In the meantime if you wish to discuss this matter further please call us bla bla bla.

I have enclosed a leaflet explaining how Barclays works to resolve complaints. I hope you find this useful. Well I bloomin' would have done if you'd flippin' enclosed it!

Yours sincerely

Shuaib Dawood

Customer Care Advisor

Now, I've got a couple of questions:

• Has anyone received a letter like this - it seems to be quite non-threatening or is this the standard 'buy more time' letter?
  • Do I wait until 28th Feb or just go ahead and send the second letter on the 14 day deadline which is 12th Feb?

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks!

It's a usual, buy more time letter - but it's to be hoped they get back to you before 3007 or else the interest alone will be crippling!

;)

As AJH247 has said - stick to your timetable.

Chances are you'll receive another letter in the next week saying they don't agree and offering a wee sum as a gesture of their immense magnanimity and how you should be grateful to accept the crumbs.

You then go the next step.