Understanding my Statements

MandyNI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I'm not thick, honest! :oops: I do have my Flex Account statements (or the vast bulk of them going all the way back six years) but I'm finding the charges confusing. For some months I seem to have a separate statement of the charges incurred, but they are also listed in the main statement. So need to understand are they duplicated on the charges statement? Just a tad confused and don't want to start off by sending a claim that isn't correct.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi MandyNI!

U will have to double check with a fine-tooth comb I'm afraid.

(...No-one said it was going to be easy!...lol).

U can Claim for the unlawful Charges and their Associated Interest Charges from the date that they were debited from your account.

Nationwide have become a tad devious of late and from my own personal experience, they have put down Return DD Fees as INTEREST on my Charges Statement, just IMO to try to confuse the unwary!

Hope this helps?!

Allow me to assit, I currently work for Nationwide and I can sort out the confusion.

The only respectable thing about the way Nationwide claims these (unlawful!) charges is they apply them to the account twenty eight days AFTER the next statement which is preferable to whipping them away right away.

So if I were to go overdrawn now the charge would be notified at the bottom of the statement I get at end of Jan. The charge would not come out of my account until the end of Feb (ish).

Therefore I suggest your best bet is to total only the charges that appear in the main body of the statement (the bit with columns).

hope this helps, if I can help anymore let me kno.w

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Thanks that's helpful indebtstudent. I'll have another look tonight and start completing the spreadsheet later this week.

I think I will have to wait until my o/d is paid though as I don't want them pulling the plug on that because I'm being difficult lol! Just want to get it prepared and see what it looks like first.

How long will you OD take to clear?

If they take that away and add more charges it's just more you will get back...

I would just add up the charges when they appear in the main statement. See others on here for details of calculating the interest (I understand this can be done from the date the charges were applied, over six years that's a lot and worth claiming).

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

when i started totalling up my charges it took me ages to understand the charge sheet (separate to the statement) and the statements, so just hid the charge sheets and counted all the charges on my statements that way it didn't confuse me (so easily done!!) good luck with your claim btw :)

BOS 1st Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 2nd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 3rd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 4th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 5th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Thanks for the help, I have now managed just to list all my charges (just around £1500) and I'm just missing two or three months so not sure I bother to get those statements tbh.

My O/D realistically will take me six months or so to clear, as I have a lot going on this year and I don't have oddles and oddles of disposable income right now