Started So I'll Finish!!

smbird090177
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning All.

A newbie to this and looking forward to it.

Will need help along the way so advice needed on every step despite excellent information all over the website.

Here goes:

1) Monday 24th April sent D.P.A to Mr Alex Lyons, D.P.A department at Natwest requesting information on my account for charges applied. Printed out your letter from the website.

Sent recorded delivery and requiring a signature on 24th April

Now 30th april and still no delivery signature confirmation from post office tack n trace section re: letter to Natwest.

Please inform on next step if no signature and also if there has been a signature.

Bet England To Win The World Cup - Join Facebook group

http://www.bet-england-to-win-world-cup.co.uk

Guest Lueeze

Well on the sig thing, you will have to contact Royal Mail..

Call them on 08459272100.

You will have to wait for that part before anything else!

Good Luck with your claim!

Lou x

As far as your request under the DPA is concerned, it will be the next working day after posting that they are deemed to have received it.

Recorded delivery is hardly worth using - it is constantly delivered (to businesses especially) without either a signature, or without being updated on their website - this is from personal experience as well as many, many threads on eBay community boards and MSE.

I don't use it anymore.

If I want proof that something has been delivered, I always use special. Yes, expensive it may be, but it has never failed me.

£4.10 for next day, signature retrieval is free too, unlike recorded (if they bother to record the delivery in the first place).

So, in short, just because the website does not show tracking, it doesn't mean it hasn't been delivered.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Please inform on next step if no signature and also if there has been a signature.

If the bank sent you a letter and you claimed (or indeed genuinely) did not receive that letter would they accept that as a defence and give you another chance? I think not!

Keep reading the forums and familairise yourself with all the procedures, all your answers lie within...

• 2 weeks later...

Ive received my statements from Natwest today Saturday 13th May.

---------------------------------

Regarding charges: On the statement it doesnt actually say what the charges are for... (the first examples below i understand, its the ones further down i dont)

i.e

1 month it will say charges

card misuse: 35.00

referall 25.00

-------------------------------

But what are the others below, normally taken on the last day of the month. I understand the interest one below but the one below that 'charges', can i claim for those as i dont actually know what the 'charges' are for.

i.e

interest 6.46

Charges 38.00

---------------------

If they are charging you, and they don't tell you why, that's their problem.

The only 'charges' that can't be reclaimed are the type of account fees that you agree to in advance (i.e. monthly management fees, or those where you pay, for example, £10 and receive discounts and special offers).

Everything else is your money that they have taken unlawfully - get it back!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for your reply.

the 38 pounds charges that im not sure about are very regular charges and i believe that within that charge is a 5 pound charge for their services (Advantage gold) and all the rest is some kind of charge for going over my overdraft limit.

Although the statement doesnt break it the charge down, if i go to claim the 38 pounds could i get in to trouble for trying to claim it all back (as it doesnt state what the charge is for) or would they just adjust the charges taking the 5 pounds from every claim of this amount and give me the rest (33 pounds).

Has anybody had any luck with natwest so far, as i see that their are no (or very few) claims that are registered in the litigation section about natwest.

Cheers

shaun

Guest Lueeze

I would just claim the whole £38, its down to them to proove otherwise. Its not your fault if they do not make this clear!

Lou x

• 1 month later...

After a delay i have now sent my Preliminary letter yesterday (@ 12pm) and it has already been updated on the Post Office site that the letter was delivered from their East London branch today....wow that was quick

Just waiting for their reply now.

Cheers

Shaun

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks