• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Me against the Natwest X2 **I'VE WON, I'VE WON!!!**

bs0lth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you go girl! i haven't had a thing, have you had your copy of their response to the AQ? i reckon my postie's off sick enjoying the sunshine ... that must be the reason i've heard nothing, it happens every valentines day too!!

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Submitted MoneyClaim on 30 May.

Acknowledged 7 Jun, 3 Jul deadline for response

Defence filed 4 Jul

Received their copy of AQ 21 July, awaiting court date

*********** SETTLED IN FULL - 17 August *************

Egg Card:

Requested Payment Protection Refund on 20 May,

Sent Data Protection Act request, egg acknowledged,

8 Jul deadline for response.

26 Jul: Sent Prelim Letter

01 Sep: Sent LBA

Citibank:

Not Started

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Laffar... but I dont know about you but i feel like this is a team effort... with you and Tim... I want all three of us to get our cheques on the same day....

and into the bank at the same time....

keep me posted please...

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Finally got a copy of their AQ. Not much other news apart from that, at least it's one step closer.

Any news at your end?

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Defence filed 4 Jul

Egg Card:

Citibank:

Not Started

Hi Laffar,

I got a copy of their AQ this morning as well, turned down their offer and they should have got that yesterday, they did give me 7 days in which to reply...

So its lookin like we are still in the same boat. Mind you I just wish this was all over and done with now, I just keep watching the post thinking is today the day?

ah well I do think we have light at the end of the tunnel.. mind you I also keep thinking... am I the one they are going to take to court...

not thinking like that though... Ill let you know if there is any change here...

Lynne

Oh Wow,

What a great read. Everything you have done, and I was thinking thats exactly like my case. Except you are a little ahead of me, so I know what to expect next. I was hoping the last entry would say "got my refund....." So maybe next time.

Its WAR

Oh Wow,

What a great read. Everything you have done, and I was thinking thats exactly like my case. Except you are a little ahead of me, so I know what to expect next. I was hoping the last entry would say "got my refund....." So maybe next time.

I know exactly where your at... Ive felt this all along.. thinking ok... do I chance it etc, but reading round the people that have beaten the natwest its running exactly to plan...

However the hardest thing Ive ever done is turn down the 50% offer...

The best thing thats happend was talking to laffar and tim and them helping me... they are a couple of days ahead...

Im really wanting to put Won on it now... give it a couple of weeks and might just have the offer i wanted...

keep going with your claim, if you need any help just ask... its amazing whos out there and the experience everyone is gaining...

But most of all.... Dont let them win.... its there for the taking..... just keep going exactly to plan and the formula does work.

best of luck

:D

lynne

Haydn, I'm expecting a big fat cheque to dent my doormat anytime now ... it's very exciting, but the waiting is maddening hang in there cheif!

BTW Lynne, still no news from natwest, so started action against Egg to pass the time

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Defence filed 4 Jul

Egg Card:

Citibank:

Not Started

Hi Lynne,Ive been looking for work in spain,logged on at a friends house now..

Cobbetts very quiet but now have a local court in cumbria to take my claim.Cobbetts are DEFENDING...LETS SEE IF THEY ARE ..?

maybe they will have a breakdown of their charges to show the court!

keep going!! :)

Hi Lynne,Ive been looking for work in spain,logged on at a friends house now..

Cobbetts very quiet but now have a local court in cumbria to take my claim.Cobbetts are DEFENDING...LETS SEE IF THEY ARE ..?

maybe they will have a breakdown of their charges to show the court!

keep going!! :)

I got a letter from them with their Court allocation form in... yup they just hit the deadline... I doubt they will take it to court... not now... I was really impressed with their 50% offer, and talking to Laffar... he hasnt had one yet...

Hope its all finished with sooner rather than later...

Good luck with your look for work.... and spain... oh how nice....

Lynne

BTW Lynne, still no news from NatWest, so started action against Egg to pass the time

Guess what.... started against Barclaycard..... needed something to do and this is addictive.... He He...

Can I Make Any Claim For Damages Due To Lost Business Contracts Due To Their Charges Putting Me Overdrawn And A Business Cheque Being Bounced Due To Their Chrages Being Applied To My Account Therefore The Firm Withdrawing Their Contract With Me To Provide Services To Them. And Also For Being Called A Liar And Due To Being Given Wrong Information By The Telephone Customer Advisors Leading To Me Putting Overdrawn. Adding Further Charges.

hi Lynne,

Just to keep you posted i received an offer of about half of what i'm after from cobbetts\natwest .... its obviously no way near good enough, but its encouraging

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Defence filed 4 Jul

Egg Card:

Citibank:

Not Started

:D Ok well I didnt believe this at first but ....

I've Won

The cheque came through from Corbetts this morning.... for the full amount of the claim, and the charges....

I still cant quite believe it...

Im sooooo happy....

I would like to thank everyone for their help... without you I couldnt have done this...

hehehehe.....

and what made it better... getting my sister to put the cheque into the bank for me.... and it going back into the account all the charges came from....

if your in doubt..... dont doubt it....it works....

Lynne

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

i cant wait until the day, cos' i am really stuck financially.

anyway, congratulate you again

apple

Apple

NatWest - MCOL issued 31/07/06; NW acknowledged 03/08/06; NW Defended 31/08/06; Cobbetts offered 60% 27/09/06; NW settled in FULL!!!! 07/10/06

Halifax cc - LBA sent 27/07/06; No Chance

First Direct - Data Protection Act sent 25/07/06; PRELIM sent 07/08/06; Offer received 12/08/06; Refused 18/08/06; 2nd offer rec'd 23/08/06 £1405 without interest (£172) and we accepted:grin:

thank you sooo much...

I still dont believe it... keep looking at the paying in reciept.... mind there have been a couple of occassions that I thought this is never ever going to work....

Keep going with your claim, dont bottle out with their 50% offer... you will get the full amount within 14 days after...

best wishes and good luck with your claim

lynne

Just a PS to my previous post... Ive filled in the survey... and made a small donation now... the bigger one will come as soon as my cheque clears....

all of this means .....

I've Won.....:D

Thanks for your post. It is great that you have won your charges back. The question I like to ask, why do the bank bother going through this process but in the end they pay out. As the cost they must be paying Cobbett must be very high.

I look forward to receive all further correspondence from Cobbetts.

Thanks

WELL DONE - MY SON GOT HIS CHEQUE YESTERDAY TOO - TOOK IT TO THE BANK TODAY!

I asked how long to clear - the girl said 5 - 10 working days. I said why so long as the chq is like an internal one. She said no it is not this is from Royal Bank of Scotland!! I told her they are natwest's parent company - she got all flustered afer that. I HAD GREAT PLEASURE IN SAYING IN A VERY LOUD VOICE THAT THIS CHQ IS FOR THE UNLAWFUL CHARGES THAT NATWEST HAD CHARGED HIM - IT WAS LOVELY TO SEE THE COUNTER STAFF SQUIRM (I know it is not their fault personally & I was not rude to her - honest natweststaffmember) & THE CUSTOMERS IN THE QUEUE BEHIND ME PRICK THEIR EARS UP!!!!!

God only knows why they are paying all these legal fees & paying up in the end. Mind you who know how many are settling for 50% being afraid of maybe their case being the first one to go to court!!

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

Brilliant, well done!!

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Defence filed 4 Jul

Egg Card:

Citibank:

Not Started

Congratulations!!

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

NatWest SETTLED IN FULL 25/08/06

Capital One settled in full 12/10/06

LTSB prelim letter sent 25/08/06

LTSB standard prelim response received 02/09/06

LBA sent 15/09/06

DONATE TO THIS SITE BY CLICKING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

Thanks for your post. It is great that you have won your charges back. The question I like to ask, why do the bank bother going through this process but in the end they pay out. As the cost they must be paying Cobbett must be very high.

I look forward to receive all further correspondence from Cobbetts.

Thanks

I think that they do it because there will be a lot of people that buckle as soon as a solicitor gets involved... or will take their 50% offer... all of that saves them money in the long run... so the few that take it all the way they get their money as they dont want to go to court...

and when your hard up and watching everypenny... the court costs do eat into your money... I wonder just how many people havent taken it all the way because they cant afford the costs...

thanks for your congratulations by the way... smiled all the way to the bank....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks