Mazza v Barclays **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have followed the guidelines on the website to claim £1674 including interest from barclays.

I have filed a claim online and Barclays are defending it. I am now terrified and not sure what to do next.

From the court I have received:

Notice of transfer of proceedings to my local court. this is normal and nothing to worry about.

A letter asking for a further £100 as the claim is over £1500. This is prob the allocation questionnaire fee, i would think.

An allocation questionairre - N149 - to be completed and returned by 16th january. This is what the £100 is for i'm sure, and yes you have to pay this but you will get this back from them when you win.

Barclay's defence and counterclaim which disputes the full amount and gives their defence over 3 pages. This makes horrific reading,

Can you be a bit more specific about what this contains, its prob the standard defence?

Please help - I need to know what to do next. Do you think I should continue my claim? Yes, they are only trying to scare you, by fireing legal jargon at you so you feel ill-equiped, just continue to post your questions and you will get all the support you need.

If I get a date for court - what should I do to prepare? Are barclay's likely to turn up? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html see this and no they haven't yet

How do i ger a court Buddy and how does this work? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/buddy.php

Help!!

I will post the link to my thread so you can have a read

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/44145-tanzarelli-barclays.html

Tanz

Hope this helps

Tanz

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have filed a court claim against Barclays for 2 accounts respectively of£1712.70 and £1346.04 i.e. for £3058.74. Barclays have filed a defence and the claim is proceeding shortly to the Small Claims Court. I have included compound interest into the total. I need advice from anyone who has been in a similar position and how I should proceed from here? i.e. how should I mount a defence?!!!!!! Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, David.

For starters you don't mount a defence as you are the claimant. You as the claimant get your arguements together.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks