Big Motoring World Leeds

Hello,

After seeing all of the posts about BMW on here I really wish I hadn't even considered them!

I bought a used car from them over the weekend, one specifically which had a reversing camera and cruise control in the advert. I was foolish at the time of purchase and didn't check to see these functions work on the test drive (totally my fault).

Now that the car is home I've checked and checked and neither of these functions are available. I even checked on Parkers and it seems that no Skoda Kamiq '21 models come with any parking cameras at all.

When buying the car, I was told all that was needed was 'Four signatures and £500' to secure it. I was never shown any of the documents, and instead the sales rep opened a box on his iPad and asked me to sign. He had been complaining about the length of time some customers take these days all throughout my time with him. (Again) foolishly I signed.

In my email inbox I now have four attachments from BMW, one of which is my signature under a letter which says that the cars don't need to match the advertisements online, or have any of the features that a sales rep talks about.

I realise that I've made mistakes in not doing my due diligence here, but thought I might as well ask the experts here if I have any rights left to claim that the car was miss-advertised, or if I unknowingly signed them away?

Thanks in advance

how did you pay them?
dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, PhoenixCab said:

one of which is my signature under a letter which says that the cars don't need to match the advertisements online, or have any of the features that a sales rep talks about.

utter BS, doesn't matter you signed it.

pers i'd be writing as per the other threads here rejecting the car as not as described under CRA etc and be done with it.

as its a debit card you could also do a full chargeback within 120 days to your bank and simply dump the car back to BMW.

100's of like threads to read here.

get your ducks inline.

make sure you know what you are doing and off you go.

dont take any BS from BMW, no matter what you sign it does NOT remove your consumer rights.

p'haps it might be on the off chance you are a good manager , a quick phonecall tomorrow saying you dont want it because (no bla bla fitted) it might be resolved in 5 mins..i will guess to date you not tried

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks so much for your help!!

I've emailed them, and when they reply saying they can't do it I'll reply and state my rights.

I'm so glad I found this forum, and will read all of the posts I can find and help guides available for the future. Really can't thank you enough.

V important you read lots of BMW threads too

!

and they

Hello! After emailing them I received this reply:

Thank you for your email.

We apologise to hear of the concerns that you have advised us of.

Please be advised that you signed the specification disclaimer to state that you are aware of the specification the vehicle has.

As well as this, all customer's are given ample opportunity to walk around the vehicle with the salesperson, where options such as a reversing camera would be present on the rear of the vehicle, as well as cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

Having reviewed the preparation images we have of your vehicle, we can advise that your vehicle does not look to be equipped with these features. We can only apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this.

We are more than happy to look into providing you with a log book however and will confirm with the sales site why this is.

Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We will be in contact, once we have an update from the sales site.

I have drafted the following, please would you be able to comment as to if you think it is correct/sufficient?

"Thank you for your email.

Thanks you for confirming that the vehicle does not have these features as stated in the advertisement. 

I am sure you are aware that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides the short term right to reject within 30 days. Statutory rights cannot be taken away from a consumer, and any attempt to do so is illegal.

Please can you advise how best to return the vehicle?"

Thanks in advance!

unlawful.

and they

its not a criminal matter so cannot be illegal.

its a civil matter so unlawful.

dx

and they