Solidworks/CJCH sols - copyright infringement threats - made a call with mediator

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm blaming myself not to do some research earlier before I made the call with the mediator.
I sort of admitted it and they asked me to write them a letter / email to explain the full story. after I read the threads in this forum, I think my case is a bit different from others as I made the god damn call.

Any advice please - I personally want to ignore but I am not sure if they recorded anything in the call that put me to a dead end?

thank you

Edited by explorer1234

It would help if you told us the story.

A bullet pointed chronology please

thanks bankfodder for replying.

• I recieved a lettter from CJCH on 1Aug  (same format as the letter received by a lot of people) I ignored it and went on holiday end of Aug but the 1st day when I came back to the UK I received a phone call from Conventry and I picked up. It was the mediator arranging a call on 13 Sep. I attended because of fear.
  • in the call, the mediator said something like she was trying to help. then she asked what happened like how and why did I download the pirate software. I explained I was trying to learn something new from youtube and used the software just for home DIY (from their record, there are only 10 usage) and when I spotted the download link I thought that was a trial verison without knowing it is illegal.
  • she then mentioned the damage costs GBP14K and I said I don't have money then she asked me to write down the full story and financial situation and send back to her. she could then talk to the company to negotiate the amount and whether to pay one-off fine or buy the license / subscription.
  • I still havent sent anything back but after spending my time reading the threads from diff. platform, I doubt sending anything to the mediator
  • P.S. I have a marketing company but the company makes no profit - I don't even run anything yet

thanks!

The story you have given this really tells us nothing.

Please will you give us the story.

Also, who is "The Mediator"? It sounds a bit like "The Terminator".

just ignore them there is nothing they can do even with the call which is inadmissible evidence in the uk anyway

they've never done court ever...and why you are giving your pers financial details to some stranger on the phone is really worrying.

and as for that reddit stuff

thats for the usa where their rules are diff and are not applicable in this country. ive removed it all

:crazy:

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But for the benefit of others who visit here, we'd like the story please.

You found us because other people had posted their stories. It will be useful to have yours as well.