Default Marker issued on Credit File but no default notice received - Creation Finance

johealey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

has anyone had any success with getting interest and charges frozen on a credit card from Creation please?  I wrote to them back in October asking for a 30 day breathing space, asking to set up a payment plan of £50 per month and I am just going round and round in circles with them.   They ignore my requests and just tell me that they cannot set up a payment plan until they see my bank statement.

They are continuing to charge interest, late payment fees, and interest on the late payment fees!  Then they sent me a letter after a few months to say my payment arrangement had come to an end - there was no payment arrangement in place!

They are asking for a copy of my bank statement which I am refusing to give them - not sure what they are playing at here!

I have asked them to send me their final response, but they refuse!

I am wondering if I could try and go down the route of claiming back these charges and any advice would be appreciated please?

Thanks 

sounds like you are tying them up in knots nicely.

if they wont help you as they must, then let them keep ignoring you with demands that you are not obliged to comply with, none of their business...correct!!

have you annoyed them further yet with a CCa request and an sar?

if not do so, as it will give you a record of their ineptness in not following the guidelines and give you a mighty big hammer to dispute the debt when they sell iy on, as they will and that might be the best thing to happen now.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As by that timer the debt will be chock full of unlawful charges and interest on the charges.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 years later...

I am just looking for a bit of advice please.  

I had a creation credit card, and a few years ago I fell into some ill health and was unable to keep up with repayments on my creation card. 

I continued to pay £15 per week and had written to them a number of times about being put into a payment arrangement, but sadly they were nothing short of unhelpful.  I continued to pay £15 per week without fail and then went through a long period of ill health (still paying the weekly amount).  During this time I was denied access to my online account and didn't receive any paper statement other than the odd ad-hoc statement which I thought was very random.

Now I am in a better position (health wise) I have been trying to sort the account out. 

A few months ago, I found out that they had put a Default Notice on my credit file, however, no Default Notice has ever been received.  I raised a complaint and they admitted their error in that the marker was placed on the account, but having checked that no Notice was ever sent out and they added £200 to my credit card account by way of their error and an apology.  They also said that I had called them to discuss the account and that they had written to me, this was a lie as I have never ever spoken to anyone at Creation, everything has been done via email to ensure a paper trail. 

I therefore asked for the Default Notice to be removed given this had never been received and the first I knew about it was when checking my credit file.  They agreed to remove the Default Notice, but they said they were concerned that a new Default Notice could be issued due to the arrears currently on the account - it was £900,

and as of today's date is is £419.00 and they wanted to know whether I wanted to take that risk and have the Notice removed with a risk of having a new one added to my credit file with a more recent date (the current Default Notice is dated March 2021).

I wrote back and took their comments on board and said that I would continue to clear the arrears asap and that the Notice could be removed as soon as the account is no longer in arrears and that I was fully committed to repaying the balance owed.  However, they have now backtracked and are refusing to remove the Notice completely.

They have admitted their error but are still refusing to remove the Notice, is there anything that I can do to try and get this removed please?

Thanks in advance

old and new threads merged for a better history.

is it a registered defaulted date in the debt summary or just a D in the calendar section?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...