Living with separated partner (universal credit)

peakson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These issues can be quite complicated, depending on the housing being paid etc. Online advice not recommended as too complex.

To stop you getting into a mess with potential overpayment of benefits leaving you with a debt and possible DWP compliance actions, I would suggest that you call 0800 328 5644 which is the UC helpline and ask for your UC Case Manager who administers your claim to call you to discuss your situation and what actions are required on the claim, before you register any changes.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They call UC helpline and ask for handover for a call back from the Case Manager.

Too many issues here that requires someone to look at claim and confirm all actions required.

Or call UC helpline and request a Job Centre appointment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Do remember Tom that you don't work in every Job Centre and it may depend on the size as well as the capability of the Job Centre that the OP would attend, as to whether they could deal with the enquiry effectively.  If the OP attends their local JC, they may just pass on the information the OP provides to the Service Centre.

Things like untidy tenancies needs to be checked.  Perhaps the ex partner was on the tenancy, then left the property, so the OP claimed untidy tenancy when the claim was entered into their single name.  And now that situation has changed.

The OP could send a journal message explaining the change in circumstances.  Sending a journal message, may just end up with many journal messages back and forward.  Which may or may not resolve the claims.  The OP could either send a journal message asking for an appointment at the Job Centre or ask to speak to Case Manager.  I have found that people phoning the UC number 0800 328 5644 leads to the call handler sending a service request to  Job Centre or Service Centre. But Tom is correct that they could tell you to use the journal as first communication option. And if that does not work to phone the helpline.

• I agree 1