ME v Alliance and Leicester

kevvy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Considering chasing my charges by A+L but not sure if possible.

Opened account with them for about a year and they closed the account after they found out i was in an IVA. I had charges in the period (probably about £500.00) from memory but not sure as account now closed can i chase.

I have account no etc so can do the deed if required

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

right got back statements today and what looks like the details of time spent by bank on charges ICANNOT believe the charges £1311.00 in 6months i will send next letter now heres hoping

my worry is thay have sent me a load of sheets with statements that seem to suggest that they are responding to request for manual intervention with relate to the charges or does everyone get these as well?

Hi Kevvy,

not sure exactly what you have on these statements, If there has been manual intervention, which i would doubt, then they must specifically state that. Even if it does, they would then have to prove by accurate, auditable and quantifiable means that this manual intervention was equal in cost to the charge levied against you .. The banks and credit card companies will not be keen to do this as it will prove what we all know already, that they are overcharging!!

yep...standard bog off letter we've done nothing wrong send the LBA letter. they will probably reply to that with heres a £100 good will payment now get lost. that seems to be there normal pattern. They did that on both my accounts MBNA and A&L (a&l is operated MBNA).

go get em kev

kevin:)

Kevvy,

generally leave it 14 days in order to allow reasonable time to reply or take action. If they have replied to your preliminary letter within that time frame, then no need to wait any longer go ahead and send the LBA straight away

Kevvy,

generally leave it 14 days in order to allow reasonable time to reply or take action. If they have replied to your preliminary letter within that time frame, then no need to wait any longer go ahead and send the LBA straight away

hi kevvy,

yep, as i said, if they respond within the 14 days then go straight to the next step .

so if you have already sent the LBA and they have responded with the usual get lost reply then go straight on to the money claim

Right i have received second Bog off letter today can you tell me if this is usual as it reads

The OFT has commented that they consider the level of late payment charges to be unfair, however they were actually refereing to late payment fees for credit card payments only which are quite distinct from a banks charges on current account.

They say the cannot accept that i have been unfairly charged.

Hi kevvy,

standard bog off letter. At no point in the process do they admit any wrong doing. Even when they pay up, which they will, they will still state that their charges are fair, we have done nothing wrong blah blah blah.....

straight to the money claim then... go get em:D

Yep, just the breakdown on the claim form is all you need right now. A&L already have your schedule of charges, if it gets to the allocation questionaire then you can attach it then. If they do as they did on my claim and my MBNA claim (same people , MBNA) they will pay up when their response to your money claim is due back to the court and submit their defence that the claim is paid in full.:)

i have changed my mind i printed out the forms and took 3 copies to the court and got same advice from them. paid them in cash and took the 3 copies in they were good. Probably me but just felt better handing them over and knowing they have them

Well heres hoping must say im very very unsure i will reeive any monies back.

best of luck- I would say by reading A&L threads compared with other banks you have a better chance than with other banks.

I will watch with interest. (no pun intended):grin:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE