GE capital and ASSET LINK

kermit2482
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone please tell me if GE capital and ASSET link management are 1 of the same company, i have a very long story and nightmare scenario reference a holiday company which GE capital supplied the money for and once i found out i had been lied to i refused to pay the money, now GE capital have sold the debit on to ASSET link and they have made an order against my house, I am in court on the 2nd of January in order to try and set aside judgement as i wasn't even in the country when the court papers came through. Anyway GE capital are still sending me bills even though they have sold the debit supposedly to ASSET link, and they have taken me to court, i think both these companies are the same people but can anyone confirm this for me please, many thanks in anticipation Mike.

What's the address of Asset Link, and what court are they using ?

I may be wrong, but if as I think they are actually Link Financial under another name, and if they're using Lambeth CC, you need to act fast, and I mean VERY fast, to get the case transfered to your home court.

Link seem to have a very cosy arrangement with Lambeth, who don't like transfering a case once they have done anything with it, so they get things railroaded through there extremely fast. Plus, if you own your own home, be very careful, Link are VERY keen and VERY fast to apply for, and get, charging orders through Lambeth.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

Very sorry i have opened up a new thread with lots more info on it as i couldn't find this one and didn't think it had posted, ( SORRY NEW USER ).

Anyway Asset Link took me to court in Cardiff, although i didnt atttend as i was not in the country and they have obtained judgement against me, however i have been able to move it to plymouth court for the 2nd Jan 07 in order for me to try and set aside judgement

What's the address of Asset Link, and what court are they using ?

I may be wrong, but if as I think they are actually Link Financial under another name, and if they're using Lambeth CC, you need to act fast, and I mean VERY fast, to get the case transfered to your home court.

Link seem to have a very cosy arrangement with Lambeth, who don't like transfering a case once they have done anything with it, so they get things railroaded through there extremely fast. Plus, if you own your own home, be very careful, Link are VERY keen and VERY fast to apply for, and get, charging orders through Lambeth.

You're spot on. Link Financial is the same company as Asset Link - compare letters from the two, and they look basically the same. They have addresses in both Caerphilly and London I believe.

As far as I know, Link are not part of GE - they deal with debts from other companies too, although the Asset Link monicker seems to be reserved for various ex-GE / First National debts, and they obviously have a cosy arrangement, as Asset Link often seem to keep the original GE / FN account number.

And yes, Link are trigger-happy with Charging Orders, but I've had no direct dealings with Lambeth CC so can't help there I'm afraid.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I've just posted some stuff to a thread called "a bit of a shock" on MoneySavingExpert, which may help.

Link Financial are a different company from Asset Link Capital (no 1) Ltd, but they are co-located in Caerphilly. LF is the processing arm for ALC.

GE took over First National after FN had sold a load of problem debts to ALC, mine included.

Technically, GE/FN and ALC are separate legal entities but ALC sent me a fax from an FN fax machine! So there is more to this than meets the eye.

I suspect that the accounts are still being operated by GE/FN on ALC's behalf, as computer generated letters from both use exactly the same layout and typeface.

Does anyon know more info?

regards

Mark

• 6 months later...

Hi, do you have the number for the Asset Link Capital as i have had a mystery letter through my door i had no idea about. I cant contact them as i have no phone number to query this.

Please help...