• Tweets

• Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles.
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank Parking ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - wrong reg - Appeal failed - Belvedere Street Car Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 1JJ

Aah thank for putting me in the know lookinforinfo much appreciated wouldn`t it be great if they decided against going to Court but they have been relentless so it is anyone`s guess

• 4 weeks later...

A letter from Court arrived today dated 21st March stating if I want to be Litigation Friend I have to make a formal application to the Court whatever this means?

And must also get a written report from a GP or Psychiatrist setting out whether on the balance of probabilities the defendant currently lacks capacity within the meaning of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 to conduct these proceedings.

A 2nd letter states there will be a Preliminary hearing on the 25th June via CVP which 30 minutes is allocated where directions will be give about me being suitable as Litigation Friend.

I have now been on hold to the Court for 2 hours and 9 minutes and just getting "Sorry to keep you waiting"

I have been looking how to do this but no idea how to do it

Photographed them on my mobile

they are in photos but can`t send them tried to do it as a pm mail to Admin but that as failed too, no idea how a photo can be

I am at the end of my tether

surely the Courts would not keep me on hold for nearly 2 and half hours,

I don`t know what to do next.

I have never known anything so stressful cannot believe a hearing as to be done via the internet then a Court case too it is all getting too much for me, Court have just answered my call after 2 hours 35 minutes told me to email Court and tell them I have only just received these letters.

I assume the Formal Application means the Litigation Friend form I sent to Northampton

I can resent that to Chesterfield other than that I do not know what a formal application is,

it was difficult asking for advice once my call was answered as it was a lady whose English was quite poor she did not understand what I was saying.

Done all what is required right now

the Court responded immediately and said the application I put in at Northampton in March 2023 to act as Litigation Friend was sent over for the Judge to consider on the 2nd April

no idea why this was requested again.

I explained all about the letters only arriving today.

I have papers that the GP filled in concerning my son being Severely Mentally Impaired that was sent to the Council to exempt him from paying Council Tax

the adviser at Court said this would probably be acceptable as I explained it is so hard to get a GP appointment and they would charge for this letter. 

The Court said they would let me know asap whether things have been accepted by the Court 

I want you to see I am trying, though stressed to death by it all it has been going on for well over a year, just want it to end,

you any idea what will happen when they video call me to see if I am suitable to act as Litigation Friend as it says 30 minutes allowed for this

I am 65 not used to this like you have had years at it, I am sorry if it annoys you that I am constantly stressed, I wish I could overcome my stress but with me looking after elderly parents, 2 disabled children and a disabled nephew after his parents died life is a challenge so apologies for this boring you I will do my best to help myself instead of annoying you,  I realise I should not expect empathy I just hoped people could appreciate why I easily get stressed. 

• 3 weeks later...

The hearing is 25th June, I have downloaded items to different organisations previously but they do it a simple way and I just cross out private things with a felt tip and sent to an email address. 

I have looked at the instructions for CAG it seems extremely complicated especially this about having to use a system MSPAINT.EXE that removes your personal information.

I am hoping one of my Grandchildren understands things to give me help, I have shown one of my daughters she said she does not understand the instructions.

I have a PC and I mainly use a lap top, as previously advised I only understand the straightforward things, sending an email and using my scanner to send a document that I save in a file or send it to an email.

I will try and find someone to help me, thanks for your help you have given me so far appreciate it

Scanned the document made it 150 size saved it to scanned documents, went on this PDF Merge and it says "This type of file is not supported" I headed it Court 28-04-2024 jpeg. I cannot save the scanned document as PDF as it does not list that option on my scanner, tried to upload it direct to CAG page and again it does not accept jpeg

I have no paper work at present to share to CAG I was just taking your advice and practising how to scan and send things, I have followed the instructions on the link you gave me. But that go me nowhere as all it keeps saying is it has to be pdf and I found no way how to make things pdf.

I assume I will not get any more paper work from the Court for sometime seeing as the online hearing is not till 25th June, I will keep trying to see how to do this pdf thing.

I doubt any of my family will understand any of this anymore than I do but I am going to ask each of them, the only way I personally know how to black out personal details is with a marker pen all that link I have read I am no wiser, I have a family member abroad he might be able to help I will ask him if he knows how to get rid of personal details off paper work and change things to pdf

The upload guide I was given on CAG has a link How to convert your document to pdf and this is the link I used www.pdfmerge.com, I was under the impression this would show me how to change things from jpg to pdf

I applied to the Court to act as litigation friend has my son is Severely Mentally Impaired and sent the proof they requested from his GP so I thought this might have been accepted without a hearing. I cannot believe the claimant is still convinced my son was the driver.

• honeybee13 changed the title to Bank Parking ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - wrong reg - Appeal failed - Belvedere Street Car Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 1JJ

I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June.

The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further.

My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.

Thanks I will take a look at that report I appreciate that people know I have a lot going on and I do easily forget things and have helped me out

• 1 month later...

Well the paper work from the Court does say preliminary hearing and that I am to forward my email and contact number 7 days before the hearing.

At the hearing they will decide If they accept me being Litigation Friend on behalf of my mentally disabled son.

That is really good is that a mistake last off "driver doesn't have a licence" I assume that should be keeper?

The Court requested me to send the Court and applicant proof of my sons disability from their GP this clearly shows he has Severe Mental Impairement, he is also illiterate. 

I naively assumed once the applicant received this that they would drop the claim. 

It offends me that Bank has asked the Judge to throw the case out at the preliminary hearing and to make us pay up.

Unsure what would be classed as appeal I first contacted the applicant then IAS. I am not aware I could appeal again as Bank state I was informed that is news to me.

I would have to look through the paper work, I apologise I forget so much due to my caring duties wish I had quality time to get so much done. Will try and look tomorrow, appreciate everyone's time and input.

Yes it would seem they make it up has they go along the IAS had the wrong vehicle and number plate it would have been the elderly lady's vehicle whom my grandson helped pay her fee has she didn't know how to do it so it would seem he paid again with her details by mistake

I cannot locate anything in my paper work that states 2 payments were made? Perhaps you could point this out?

In reply from IAS it states

"The ticketing data has been attached" nothing was sent to me.

I made a response to the IAS all this was done online

Thanks very much Dave

I wish I could clear the confusion of me supposedly having received something that states 2 tickets were paid for,

I have always supplied copies of anything I have received

unless CAG have something

I cannot find anything