Sytner/Albany/Principia Law raised a claim where i am the claimant for Hire Car Costs

JohnSm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've a similar story where my car got rear ended.

I've decided to use Sytner (Mercedes dealer) Insurance to claim for me in order to repair the car in the official dealership.

Sytner then uses Auxillis and everything was taken care properly but after 1/2 months I've received the contact from Principia Law where they will act for me to recover the HIRE CAR loses.

I'm concerned about the terms and conditions where it's mentioned the costs (success costs + police report etc) that I've to pay that I was not aware!

I was not aware of the need for an external company and hidden fees, can someone explain a bit more how this works ?

Thanks in advance

In brief, you have ultimate liability for the hire charges, that is the nature of the credit hire agreement you have signed.

Your agreement with Auxillis will mention somewhere regarding your obligation to assist them in any litigation to recover the hire charges.

To do this they instruct a law firm, in this case Principia, to deal with that side of things.

How much did the hire charges total (i.e. was it over £10k)? And do you know if the other side's insurers have formally admitted liability for the incident?

Without seeing the T&Cs it's hard to say what your obligations under that contract are. Maybe you could copy/paste the specific sections that concern you, however I would not suggest posting up the entire T&Cs on here without first consulting a member of the site team to check that it's ok to do that.