• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nettyg v Hsbc ***WON***

nettyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi honey.. glad ur ok

i opened a nat west account in december about the same time as i was sending the lba to hsbc. the option nat west gave me was to take over the transfer of all payment details etc so, i didnt contact hsbc at all to let them know i was closing the account. it took nat west a month to do all that business and as payday is not until the 28th of the month, hsbc will be none the wiser until i've gone lol. there will be £254 in debit left in hsbc and if and when they want it back, i'll send them a £1 a month and no more. they've played silly beggars with me for 28 years - it's payback time - or not in their case lol.

take care

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but.. will they let you close the account though? with that balance? ... if they will, let me know and i will do the same.. lol.. thanks

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

no i daresay they will bombard me with letters and phonecalls to clear the balance - but as i say i will offer to pay it back a £1 a month.

would somebody be so kind as to send me the links for the Allocation Questionairre and New Strategies for AQ please. I can't find them!! doh!

Hi Netty,

These are the posts I have found - I hope what you were looking for!

New Strategy for AQ

Allocation Questionnaire Tips

Nikki :)

Halifax Card: Claim served 30th Mar - they met 2nd AQ deadline - waiting for Directions/Court Date

Monument Card: Claim served 30th Mar - Directions taken - 14 + 14 day deadline 18th June - settlement signed & waiting for cheque

CitiCards: Claim served 6th April - Defendant's docs (only) to be received by 25th June - case back to Judge 2nd July

A+L (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 16th April - Claim settled 4th June (on the defence deadline)

Debenhams Store Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 17th Feb - Claim settled on 14th Mar (3 days before LBA deadline)

MINT Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 8th Feb - claim settled 14th Apr (1 day after defence deadline)

HSBC (SETTLED FOR 8% INTEREST): Prelim sent 15th Jan - claim settled 18th May (after AQ deadline)

hi rundll

yes the defence will probably be filed right at the last minute and they'll send us the defence papers and aq. i just wanted to be comfortable with the aq process should the need arise. if your claim was acknowledged (deemed served on 20th jan) like mine, then we have until 16th, which is a friday or 17th (could be the monday actually 19th) to wait for their defence, so still some time to go yet.

nick the links from my thread about aq and have a read.

fingers crossed eh

netty

and then you wait.

and while you are waiting - just keep looking at those new people who have had 0 or 1 or even 2 responses to their threads and give them a hand - you are well along now - their's will be mostly general getting started questions and you've already done all that - see, that's how it goes. (then you can have lots more posts and your son will call you better names!) - mine just said to me tonight, you're really into your little posting thing aren't you?, i just said, yeah, i guess i am. he thinks it's funny - of course he spends 23 hours a day on messenger and my spot or whatever it's called - he thinks i can barely manage the phone!

lattie... how am i doing with the giving advice to newbies?? i do hope that i'm sending them on the right track. pleeeeese correct me if i give out the wrong advice. doh! just being a stress head i guess while i'm waiting lol

was just thinking about you and how you've taken my advice to heart - you are everywhere. well, it passes the time doesn't it? you are doing fine - i saw that, where you picked up the interest rate from bong and passed it on - that's the way to do it.

just wondering where you are. sent the breakdown - waiting for the defense to get filed - when is the 28 days up? i'm really sorry that they are taking so long to offer these days - it's a bit of a misery this aq business - but, you'll get through it. i've asked bong for a tutorial so i can give out the right info at that stage as my son's claim settled just as the aq came through the post so we never had to do it. anyway - keep up the good work - just look and if you don't know either don't post or say you don't know but just want them to know you are supporting and watching. i think most people appreciate knowing they are on somebody's radar. you are on mine!

aww (reaching for the kleenex) thats lovely to know... thank you lattie x

right... tears wiped

i've got to wait til 17th Feb to receive the defence business so checking everyday on mcol to see if 'i'm different' but i'm not lol. this is soooo addictive and i understand now why you've stayed around. don't quite know what we'd all do without u - ur the daddy (mammie) xxx

oh and that piece from daily mail... does'nt it make u cross that the bank are so full of contempt - not only do they ignore what their customers want.. but the blood ombudsman as well!!!! lordy lordy

cheers for being there anyway lats xx

good evening lattie

take a peak at the thread entitled 'can someone help with my dilemma'!

cag has a potential ronnie biggs on it's hands lol - enjoy

i couldn't see the dilemma - seems to start where everyone knows what's going on - maybe someone is deleting something. i'll look again.

one little thingy: when someone files an n1 instead of the mcol - the advantage is they get lots of room - so they have already sent copies of the breakdown to the courts - so when the acknow. they only need to send to dg. ok? that's a tiny detail - otherwise - super job!

mr. d seems to have done a lot of editing and with good reason if i'm reading between the lines - that's why i don't approve of using real names - even initials and amounts could be matched up if dg was really on the ball - good thing they aren't!

netty, oh netty, where are you?????????

don't know if it's waterproof - might be rubber - might bounce - just keeping it for a bargaining chip if they ever want it back - they will have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

netty - new read through - try bong's thread - last page tonight, read what i'm learning about the aq stuff - just told honeygie - just in time for hers and yours - defense is now filed on hers. i'll help you both through this - it's not as bad as it looks - just got to get it right. don't you go all lightheaded on me looking at it - we will get it right, i've got it now! and who knows - might get lucky and get an offer before it has to be done!

see you tomorrow!

aha lattie i'm one step ahead... saw your 'lesson with bong' earlier today. oh i'm so glad your on mine and honey's cases. i've saved it all to read through again and again. probably won't meen diddly to me until i've got the darn thing in front of me and it's needed like yesterday!!

cheers hun ur a star!

i read your story to 'dilemma' wow. crusher sort of told me off (i think)!! but when i read my reply back to dillema, i did think i was saying 'don't do it because it's kinda fraudulent!! - altho such a nice thought lol

yes, and believe me, we were tempted. but the thought of going down for 10 years or whatever soon put a stop to it all in my mind.

if you read the earlier stuff - you missed my lightbulb moment - ignore all the other stuff on bong's thread (well, not gary's and her's but my first feeble attempts) by the last ones i understood. so, no fear, we will conquer it together - it's not that it is difficult - just somewhat complex (at least to me) and has to be right. so, as i'm telling honey - baby steps - all the way (side thought - did you ever see what about bob - a movie, so funny - but that's where i started using "baby steps". it is practically my middle name now - along with sarcastic and ironic) but back to business, just hang in there - watching that button - and playing agony aunt on here!!!!! i love it! and you are doing a great job. see you later - off to the playgroup for some really intelligent conversation and a lot of snotty noses!