Moorside V's The Nationwide

15moorside
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all,

I have been inspired reading the threads for last few weeks and would like to say everyone seems really helpful & supportive.

Following 3 S.A.R’s - (Subject Access Request) to Nationwide I am now in possession of statements for 3 Flex Accounts; my wife’s, our joint account and my own account. Using the magic spreadsheet I have put together the charges for all three and I’m about the send the prelim approach for payment letters.

The reclaims for the individual accounts are pretty straightforward (£290.00 and £710.00). However, I’m struggling with the claim for our joint account as back in July 2006 (in the days before I discovered this amazing site) I telephoned Nationwide to complain bitterly about charges I had just discovered on our statement. They very kindly (!!!) agreed to refund the charges and having now carefully checked the statements they were indeed refunded for the July / August 2006 period. However, since then we have incurred further charges and I now want to claim for these and the charges prior to July 2006.

When putting together the schedule & spreadsheet I have been extremely careful not to include the said charges already refunded. My concern is that Nationwide will say that as we have previously accepted a refund we have forfeited our right to any future claim. However in my defence, when I submit the schedule and spreadsheet, I can clearly demonstrate that I am not seeking to recover these costs. I appreciate I may have waffled in this thread but please forgive me as I’m a relative newbie! Any advice on this matter would be most welcome and much appreciated. :)

Hi, I wouldn't worry about it just put the claim in as normal. The rest of the charges are still unlawful whether they have already refunded some or not!

Nationwide

13/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

01/11/06 - Statements received

02/11/06 - Prelim letter sent

11/11/06 - Standard response to prelim

14/11/06 - LBA sent

17/11/06 - Standard response to LBA

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

06/12/06 - MCOL Acknowledged

07/12/06 - Paid (almost in full)

HSBC

14/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

25/10/06 - Statements received

23/11/06 - LBA sent

31/01/07 - MCOL Issued (finally!!)

07/02/07 - MCOL Acknowledged

Hi 15moorside,

Like wot Kirsty says!

Think about charging interest on the "charges interest" for the period that they have debited the charges from your account also.

Perhaps U could post a link to a download of your "magic spreadsheet" so that others less skilled may also benefit from your expertise?

I for one, haven't a clue of EXCEL beyond my ECDL I gained several years ago...have never needed it until now!

The heady world of which spreadsheets to use doesn't seem to be a finite one. Both Vampiresses and Mindzai's seem to be popular.

...though there doesn't seem to have been a direct comparison of the merits and workings and ease of use of any of their spreadsheets as of yet, which would be reallllly useful!!!

Hope this helps 15moorside?

Well I can't find Mindzai's spreadsheet! I used Vampiresses'.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Kirsty.

Nationwide

13/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

01/11/06 - Statements received

11/11/06 - Standard response to prelim

14/11/06 - LBA sent

17/11/06 - Standard response to LBA

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

06/12/06 - MCOL Acknowledged

07/12/06 - Paid (almost in full)

HSBC

14/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

25/10/06 - Statements received

23/11/06 - LBA sent

31/01/07 - MCOL Issued (finally!!)

07/02/07 - MCOL Acknowledged

Hi KC 31 & Milk Tray Man,

Many thanks for your prompt responses!

It good to know we are not alone in this process. To be honest I have never used a spreadsheet before - I'm just fumbling my way along! The sheet I used was in fact from Vampiress collection; England - Simple - Excel. Very simple even for me!

http://www.cag-files.co.uk/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls

Will be sending my initial approach for all three accounts in next few days – good fun eh :D

Well I can't find Mindzai's spreadsheet!

Mindzai's spreadsheet can be found via a link in his signature on the GENERAL forum page in the thread entitled

"A New Way of Looking at Interest- 1st Successful Claim N'wide"

(...sorry don't know how to set up direct links on here)

His latest version is v1.7...the thread is very long as loads of people have discussed the using of Compounded Contractual Interest and spreadsheet modifications etc

I would DEFINITELY recommend reading the whole thread at least twice to get the gist of it!

Mindzai's spreadsheet can easily be found on page 11

I found it very user friendly when I practised using it...I admit that I haven't used any of Vampiress's ones yet so I can't really pass constructive comment on hers.

I have completed two claims, and still not used a spread sheet lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

morning!

initially............

I sent in a list of my charges with the dates, the "crimes" and the costs with a total at the bottom.

When it came to the court claim and working out the interest owed, I used this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/chargeinterest.php

to work out the interest, copied and pasted the results into wordpad and printed.

I sent this to the courts "by way of service".

worked for me!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Greetings Earthling!...lol

Looks like U used the S69 Statutory Interest Rate of 8%

Try downloading Mindzai'sspreadsheet (...by following my directions in post #6) and enter the same dates and charges etc that U made for your successful claim.

It's very user friendly and even has instructions on how to use it and fill it in.

Use 24.9% APR and it should give U Natiowide's Daily Compounded Contractual Interest...Dependent on when your charges were for U should notice a bit of a difference!

P.S. How do U do the link thingy?...Can't find any user instructions anywhere...only know how to do colouring books!...lol...;)

Yea I did only go for the 8%

To copy a link into a page: minimalise the page you are on, open the page that you want to send the link for, copy the address and paste it back into the page you minamalised...........does that make sense? There are probably far easier ways of doing it, but Im a self taughter and this is how I do it!

Hope this helps?!?!?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Cheers d!...Didn't want to press the "Insert Link Button" in case I linked to the wrong thing...better to be slow, methodical and correct, than to jump in and slip up BIG time.

Have found a much better direct link to the infamous Mindzai's spreadsheet:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

Try it out d and let us know how much more U could have re-claimed from Nationwide...just by applying the same logic of charging that they have charged U instead of using S69 Statutory Interest @ 8% other than stating it as "in the alternatve" on the court forms.

Am sure 15moorside would be interested to know the implications of either way...BEFORE he submits his LBA/MCOL?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

Apologies for not posting to keep this thread updated! Have finally taken the plunge and sent off three preliminary approaches for payment for each of the flex accounts. Letters were actually sent, by recorded delivery, on 13 December. So let battle commence…:D

Go get em...:D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D